Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A graph showing normal survival compared to us. *Now with events and averages added*

edited April 2009 in General Charlton
Here it is.
Graph re-edited as requested.

Pardews management (before Zabeel):
Av. Points per game: 1.181818181...
1.181818181 x 46 = 54.3636
Would 54 points be enough for survival?

Pardews management (after Zabeel):
Av. Points per game: 0.42857
0.42857 x 46 = 19.714
19 points would mean relegation.

Pardews management (including Zabeel events):
Av. Points per game: 0.88888
0.88888 x 46 = 40.88888
40 points would mean relegation.

Parkinsons management (as caretaker):
Av. Points per game: 0.375 :)
0.375 x 46 = 17.25
17 points, definate relegation :P

Parkinson (since permanant management):
Av. Points per game: 0.9375
0.9375 x 46 = 43.125
43 points would mean relegation.

Parkinsons management (including caretaker):
Av. Points per game: 0.75
0.75 x 46 = 34.5
34 points would mean relegation.

So since Parkinson has taken over permanantly, he would have averaged out better than Pardew had up until Pardew was sacked.

Scenarios in order are:

Pardew before Zabeel = 54 points
Parkinson since made permanant = 43 points
Pardew including Zabeel = 40 points
Parkinson including caretaker management = 34 points
Pardew after Zabeel = 19 points
Parkinson as caretaker = 17 points

Done. :)

Comments

• Options
    Jake - at fifteen you're far too young to be

A - this depressing
    B - using Office 2007
    C - Up this late
  • Options
    If only the Konigsburg Bridge problem never existed Jake this could have been a major mathematical breakthrough ;o)
  • Options
    I say well done Jake.

If you could embellish that graph with a few key dates such as Pardews departure,Zabeel and the date of Parkys formal appointment I think it may be a little more illuminating.
  • Options
    Blimey, kids of today - I still can't set the video timer .......(!)

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]I say well done Jake.

If you could embellish that graph with a few key dates such as Pardews departure,Zabeel and the date of Parkys formal appointment I think it may be a little more illuminating.

Well done Jake, I too would love to see this with an event analysis included. Who was I/C when the graph flattened out?
  • Options
    Looked like we were in with a shout after 2/3 games
  • Options
    Whats a graph ?
  • Options
    I think Parky has been talking to the bloke in charge of the West Indies cricket team who fu*ked up the run rate in the duckworth lewis the other month.
  • Options
    I still can't set the video timer
    What's a Video?

:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: vancouveraddick[/cite]If only the Konigsburg Bridge problem never existed Jake this could have been a major mathematical breakthrough ;o)

Just googled this and am still none the wiser !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What I don't get is that after game 28 there is a sudden jump upwards yet I distinctly remember being at Loftus road for game 29. when we lost.
  • Options
    Looks like we were on course until game 14, then the seperation starts and its all downhill from there.

Nice work Jake, I hope I am that good with graphs when I reach 15 ;-)
  • Options
    A 'best fit' line between pre and post pardew would leave us with more points than we currently have. Phil Parkinson for next season after the sacking of that terrible manager Pardew?
  • Options
    I wonder if you would get this thread on a Millwall site ? ;0)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: vancouveraddick[/cite]If only the Konigsburg Bridge problem never existed Jake this could have been a major mathematical breakthrough ;o)

Just googled this and am still none the wiser !

Come on SHG, didn't you go to school ;-)

The Seven Bridges of Konigsburg

The river Pregel runs through the town of Konigsburg, In the river are two islands, connected to each other and the rest of the city by seven bridges, The students of Konigsburg often challenged each other to try to make a trip crossing all seven bridges exactly once (no swimming allowed).
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Haha. I went to bed at 2am ;)

I may try and add in the events that happened though
  • Options
    varney's departure which paid for Pards leaving also happened around the time of Parky taking over, and although he didn't score that many he did keep the ball and put the oppo under pressure..and was better than Burton.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JakeCAFC_94[/cite]Haha. I went to bed at 2am ;)

I may try and add in the events that happened though

Which if you are like my teenage sons means you have only just got up.

Parkys career is hanging by a thread based on your excellent work.

The Board need this for an urgent review meeting next week.

Skip The Apprentice and go for the CEO position which I am reliably informed will shortly be vacant. (You will only get pocket money and a bag of sweets though).
  • Options
    Jake that graph is worth more than about 100 threads and at least a 1000 posts.

Well done and email it to the Board sharpish.
  • Options
    I can`t stand a smart arse. ;0) Remarkable work ! Well done and very interesting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]varney's departure which paid for Pards leaving also happened around the time of Parky taking over, and although he didn't score that many he did keep the ball and put the oppo under pressure..and was better than Burton.
    I'm better than Burton, but like Luke (who has achieved absolutely jack for Derby) I don't think I'd have had much impact in Parky's quest to return to the third division, theatre of his former glories.

Nice work Jake, by the way.
  • Options
    this should have re-edited in the heading! good work jake.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone.
  • Options
    Jake
    wish i could offer you a job, definitely a finance person of the future!
    Well done
    Kim
  • Options
    It would be interesting to see a graph for our last season in the prem to compare them.
  • Options
    If you turn it upside down isn't that a graph of the world's economic growth over the season !!

Nice job Jake...
  • Options
    Excellent graph
  • Options
    Jesus Jake.. what possessed you to do all that last night?!
  • Options
    I honestly don't know. :s
    Only added averages and events today.

Was just a graph yesterday..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Callumcafc[/cite]Jesus Jake.. what possessed you to do all that last night?!

Yeah, Jake ......don't you have a bus shelter or street corner or somewhere to hang out until 2am ....?

;o)