Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Derby away from the North

In the time old tradtion of buttering up the good lady so i can go away and play the derby trip has cost me a long weekend in Buxton.......so i need to get to Derby from there for 11 oc first beer looks like mexican bus from Buxton to Matlock then train....but hoping someone in the know may know of better way.....as for getting back who cares.......

Comments

• Options
    you can get a direct bus from Buxton Market Place to Derby, takes about 1 1/2hrs

http://www.trentbuses.co.uk/timetables/times/transpeak.html
  • Options
    you are a star .........should be fun
  • Options
    I think you may have to endure a country bus journey from Buxton. If memory serves I think Matlock would be your best route as it's a mere 10 min train ride to Derby. The only alternative would be heading to somewhere like Uttoxeter then training it into Derby. Six of one half a dozen of the other.
  • Options
    get up there friday morning so can check out then...as ever better than asking james
  • Options
    DG, I am going up on the coach that was advertised on here. Meant to be stopping at a pub just outside Derby. Not sure what it is called. If I find out will let you know.
  • Options
    cheers mate be gagging for one after being on the Pontypandy bus for few hours...should be a hoot
  • Options
    may be a bit far for you, about 4 miles from Derby I think, will let you know