Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Good news?

If this has already been put on here please sink!!

Bailey not keen to leave Charlton

Nicky Bailey has had no talks about leaving Charlton
Charlton midfielder Nicky Bailey says he has not talked to anyone about leaving the club despite facing the reality of relegation to League One.

The Addicks sit 12 points off safety at the bottom of the Championship with four games left to play.

Bailey, 24, told BBC London: "I've still got two years left on my contract and I haven't spoken to anybody.

"If it means I've got to be here next year and get the team back up then that's what's I'll have to do."

He has been one of the few bright sparks in a dire season for Charlton. He was signed by former Addicks boss Alan Pardew from Southend last summer and is the club's top scorer despite playing in midfield.

Bailey added: "Everyone wants me to stay and I know I've had a good season so I'm just going to keep going out and putting in the same performances every week and see where it gets me."

Bailey admits he moved to Charlton because he wanted to make the step up to the Championship but he is prepared to help the club win promotion next season.

"I've played a part in where the team is in the league now so if I have to help them get them out of it then I will have to do it next year," said Bailey.

Comments

• Options
    Going to be sinked a I thinks
  • Options
    "If it means I've got to be here next year and get the team back up then that's what's I'll have to do." !!!!!!!!!!!!

bit like how I feel about buying a season ticket!
  • Options
    It's not good news, he's saying he'll stay if he doesn't get an offer.