Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Relegation, it does not matter...

edited April 2009 in General Charlton
...what matters is the support we can give. My 3 kids (and myself if I'm honest) got fed up with footy for the last couple of seasons, I have only been to a handful of matches this season (yes I know, disloyal supporters....zzzzzzz), however I am chuffed to bits 'cos my kids said that they want to renew next season stating 'we dont care what league we are in, we support Charlton and we have missed going to games'
Once and Addick always an Addick I guess!!!

I can't tell you all out there in cyber land how much I am looking forward to next season.

Altogether now....Goin dahn with the Charlton, dahn with the Charlton, dahn with the Charlton....etc etc...

Happy Days

Comments

• Options
    See you at Exeter and Yeovil, then Bibble .....?

;o)
  • Options
    Sorry, do not agree......

the club has no future in the 'lower divisions', what is the point of this exercise, to rebuild!.

Perhaps the architect and builder should be replaced then..........
  • Options
    Maybe Ken, but what chance would they have of rebuilding without enough bricks - us.

I'll be taking my hod down there next year and agree entirely with the sentiment of the original post.
  • Options
    Hi' Off_it
    Taking the line of Pink Floyd in another 'brick in the wall'

'we don't need no relegation..' excuse the pun could not help that one!

I know that fans will follow whatever division we play at , but to state 'we dont care what league we are in'.....is the bit I find hard to accept.

Good luck to fans that can accept it, I have trouble accepting being out of the Prem!

I just cannot see a financial or footballing reason that this will make the club better.
  • Options
    I just broached the issue of renewals with the missus..

Me: The nipper just got her renewal pack in the post

Her: you havent renewed have you

Me: no the club send out the pack so you then renew

Her: You aren't renewing!

Me: When did you become the boss of me?

Her: When you married me..

Me: lots of stuff about price cuts, quality time for my step daughter and I when the baby comes after May.

• Options
    If we have a good season next year and right up there challenging it could bring back that bit of excitement that has been missing at The Valley for about 4 years. We could get promoted and get some momentum going. Don't forget, we have been down before and always came back...WE WILL AGAIN!
  • Options
    It's amazing how much abuse those of us who don't mind relegation have been getting. The weird thing is practically everyone was in favour of us going down to the Championship when we did, yet people are so abusive towards the idea of going one level further. Why? It gives us a chance to do the sort of stuff Charlton should always have been about - progressing youth team players to the first team and building the squad around them. Bring it on, I say.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]It's amazing how much abuse those of us who don't mind relegation have been getting. The weird thing is practically everyone was in favour of us going down to the Championship when we did

bizarre
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]It's amazing how much abuse those of us who don't mind relegation have been getting. The weird thing is practically everyone was in favour of us going down to the Championship when we did

bizarre

I think that there were a few (me included) that thought that the drop down would see an exciting season with us marching back to the Prem. playing brilliant football and wining the Championship by a mile - it did not happen did it, and now we are realists. The phrase be careful of what you wish for, it may come true comes to mind".

If I look at the state we are in now compared to Millwall when they went down, I see a lot of similarities, it could even be that we are financially worse and look how long it has taken them to be really in contention to get back in the Championship. As for abuse of people with the view that this is good for us, for every view that seems to be expressed on Charlton Life these days there seems to be someone who wants to take an abusicve counter view so I would not take it to heart.
  • Options
    I just do not understand the sentiments behind the idea that 'going down' is a good thing.

How can this be a good thing,! What player will want to play in a lower division than they do......

I am all for being positive , but guys accept it for what is is a disaster!, forget the spin by the club, they are in a PR campaign

The fact is if the club was so attractice to an outside buyer they would have acted months ago!

Fulham, WestHam,Crystal Palace,to name but a few London clubs have been looking for investors for some time now, if not new owners.

If you were a businessman is a freehold on a club in Charlton that attractive, in what is the third tier of british football!.

Sorry guys , lets get a grip here it is not the end, things can be turned around , but it is a massive job that will require investment, and skill by the footballing side of the club which will find it hard to compete next year in that division.

No easy games in that division, for lightweight footballers who think they should be playing in the prem attitude!, and have there head in the nightclub ordering crystal and greygoose are required!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Relegation is never a good thing, but its not the end of the world either and to be fair i'm not that bothered about it, the way we've 'performed' this season has been nothing short of a disgrace/embarising and we deserve to go down, such is life we'll be back soon enough and if we're not "Ce La Ve", i'll still be there supporting the club the most I can becasue they're my club.
  • Options
    I agree scruffle we have been a 'disgrace' and I said so on 'Charlton Live' in December, and on the bbc in January, but the half full brigarde thought it could be 'turned around' after all we were too good to go down......

Were are those claiming that now!

My concerns now is the future, not recanting what a great bloke Richard Murray is/was!

In the words of two other cowboys' butch and sundance' I believe it if you will!'