Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

To Parky

edited April 2009 in General Charlton
Parky fella i dont blame you mate, i mean ---- i would have taken the dosh for two years as Pards number two and not had the slightest thing to say or do with any single thing that Pardew did. Lots of time in two years to count the money.

I dont blame you for taking the Caretakers job when oddered , i mean you was in the boot room for two years wasnt you ?

I dont blame you for sticking around when you actually had the worse record of anyone as a Caretaker Manager.

I dont blame you for accepting the Board giving you the job even though we were told it would be on results -- they didnt tell us it was decided on SHIT results is all -- not your fault.Of course there was the other problem of no dosh so we couldnt afford anyone else.

I dont blame you for Swing and Burton , out of the sun light for 2 years in the boot room you cant be expected to know shit really.

I dont blame you as we are so much better lately and no longer adrift at the bottom of the division and just ben relegated.

Empty the desk, close the door, walk away ---------------please for f**k sake walk away -------------i wont blame you.

Comments

• Options
    I second that, and third it, and....................................go now Mr Parkinson, for heaven's sake go now.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Agreed. You've tried your best and seem a nice bloke but aren't up to the job.

Time for someone new.
  • Options
    Sums it up.

I have nothing against the bloke, but it's not your time, it's not your place, it's not your fault.

We need a whole new set of staff. Please sort my club out. Someone.
  • Options
    I 5th it
  • Options
    I 6th it
  • Options
    I 7th it and i've already contributed.
  • Options
    8th'd
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    fine 9th it
  • Options
    couldn't have worded it better myself! just go Parkinson Please. 10th it
  • Options
    I think its all irrelevent because i think its probably a done deal, but would this have been 10th'd had we held on for one more minute ??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I think its all irrelevent because i think its probably a done deal, but would this have been 10th'd had we held on for one more minute ??

yes from me Afka. If he goes now it gives us time to find someone new. I know he has pulled some results together but to be fair a lot of peope could have done better than that with the same set of players (even though they are largely to blame). I think 4-5-1 at home isnt very inspiring when needing to win and i dont think his judgement on the players he has brought in (including the time when he was number 2 as he must have had some say).

I dont think he is the man to get us back to the premiership/ top half of division 2.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    He should stay until the end of the season, then go.

He's tried his best but we need a fresh face or two and if we have a slow start to next season then the same questions will come back - is he the right man for the next few years etc.

Napoleon always preferred lucky generals - on the basis that they made their luck, a lot of things just haven't broken Parkinson's way this season and it hasn't been all his fault, but we need a new manager.
  • Options
    Parkinson unlucky??? What??? Getting the gig on the back of NO WINS AT ALL is unlucky??
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Thats the point BFR he has tried his best and seemed genuinely 100% comitted but it's not been adequate. Cant blame him for not walking sooner as it was a good opporturtunity and had he turned things around and we had managed narrowly to avoid the drop he'd be revered. I dont think that giving him a few games next season is the answer either because he has proved he isnt the one to do it for us and it will be more instability if we chop and change during the season like we have the past few.

Its either stick with him for the whole of next season and face uncertainty or replace him now and still have the same uncertainty but the possibility that someone with fresh ideas can mould and inspire the players we have into promotion challengers. Unfortunately I dont think Parkinson is the man for that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Parkinson unlucky??? What??? Getting the gig on the back of NO WINS AT ALL is unlucky??

I've heard he gets £200K a year and smiles a lot, I've no idea if he any connections with Barcodeland though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Agreed. You've tried your best and seem a nice bloke but aren't up to the job.

Time for someone new.

Agreed.

I don't believe that Parky will be back. And I think he already knows it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Parkinson unlucky??? What??? Getting the gig on the back of NO WINS AT ALL is unlucky??

I've heard he gets £200K a year and smiles a lot, I've no idea if he any connections with Barcodeland though.

It is more like £150K, and there hasn't been many reasons to smile. :(
  • Options
    Hows ya doing big america guy good to have you back please have an off with henners for me today i fecking luv it :-)
  • Options
    Parky please go and take Hudson with you!
  • Options
    Agreed. The bloke has no idea how to win a game of football. His managerial record at this level is an utter embarrasment. If we have any pretention of bouncing back up he has to go. So I say farewell. You do seem like a nice bloke but please don't bother coming back, not as a manager, not as a coach, not as a pundit, and not as a scout in future. You have led us to the third tier of English football, a place we have not been in over 20 years and you have done it with a team that is IMO far better than most in this division. Congratulations.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    hudson worst centre half i have ever seen
  • Options
    He's going, I'm convinced.The only question is whether he should go now or in three matches time...

What about Kins , though? I presume the way he was singing Valley Floyd Road from the touchline this afternoon was his application for the job?
  • Options
    Parky will be in charge next season IMHO. KIns no chance.
  • Options
    Same way keegan and shearer are newcastle through and through i dont think kinsella is the answer and he has been part of the team that has got us relegated same way parkinson was with pardew.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    No, I agree.Kins needs to go with Parky, unfortunately. But it was interesting the way he was leading the community singing this afternoon!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]He's going, I'm convinced.The only question is whether he should go now or in three matches time...

What about Kins , though? I presume the way he was singing Valley Floyd Road from the touchline this afternoon was his application for the job?

Convinced? How can you be so sure? Just wondering really, I think there's a good chance he'll stay.
  • Options
    Because Derek C said he would be judged on results... he just didn't say when !!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]hudson worst centre half i have ever seen[/quote]

Nonsense. You've seen a lot worse. A long line stretching back to Les Berry. I suspect Hudson will be playing for a successful Championship side next season and the anti-brigade will have a lot more to complain about in terms of his replacement.
  • Options
    Re Mark Hudson.....

Scored on his debut - scored our first goal of the season - then the wheels fell off !!!

What needs to be remembered is that not only was he meant to be the mainstay of the defence ( a defence that has parted wider than the Red Sea far too many times this season ), but is also captain --- have never once heard him yelling at his players, or showing much passion.

Maybe at that other South London club it was all " hooray rah rah rah, well done, ohh bad luck chaps ".....but this is not whats needed here !

Charlton captains of the past have been leaders - HE IS NOT AND NEVER WILL BE !!!
  • Options
    Parky won 4 games out of 25. The facts speak for themself.