Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parkinson should stay. (old thread)

edited April 2009 in General Charlton
Okay, who are we gonna be able to bring who has a better record in the third tier?

Why should we change it around AGAIN, when we can see with hindsight that chopping and changing the management/ starting eleven has damaged morale amongst the players and staff? We've been unbeaten in five games with three clean sheets, mainly due to the stability of the starting eleven AND management.

A small stable squad based around our first team today, with Parkinson in charge, will bounce straight back up next season.

Comments

• Options
    and what about when we get there buddy parky can not handle the chumpionship,
  • Options
    I mentioned on another thread, but to improve on Parkinson you mark a pitch at Sparrows lane out in squares, each with a players name, and then you hire a goat, and the first eleven squares the goat poos in should be the team to play the next match, that would be an improvement on Parkinson.
  • Options
    He can handle it perfectly well. He inherited a squad down on confidence, and he's managed to turrn that around. The way in which some our football was played in the first half today was very good, and has been over the past few games.

He's got the players believing again, and they've more than matched every team we've come up against recently.
  • Options
    We should change it around again because Parkinson has been a DISASTER.
    You change a losing hand, not stand pat with it.
    What gives you any confidence that he will be any better a manager and match tactician in League 1?
    I would rather take a chance with an unknown that stick with a losing one.

The captain should go down with his ship. But when it is up and running again and starting from a fresh port, you put someone else at the helm.
  • Options
    Agreed.
  • Options
    he cant handle it, the reason that they have matched the teams recently is beacuse we can play without fear the damage was done at home to donny in the game that he needed to show his mantle it was not there.

yes he inhereted a bad situation but he didnt come out of it with any credit
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]We should change it around again because Parkinson has been a DISASTER.
    You change a losing hand, not stand pat with it.
    What gives you any confidence that he will be any better a manager and match tactician in League 1?
    I would rather take a chance with an unknown that stick with a losing one.

The captain should go down with his ship. But when it is up and running again and starting from a fresh port, you put someone else at the helm.

Parkinson started out as a disaster, yes. His permanent appointment bemused me, yes. I also thought a few weeks back that boycotting the Norwich game was a good idea to get my view across. I would say however that recent performances have done more than enough to convince me that Parkinson is the man to manage us next season.
  • Options
    I think we look like a team that will struggle next season.
    The squad and todays starting eleven are not good enough and the proof of that is with 4 games to go we are down and nothing to fight for.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]I think we look like a team that will struggle next season.
    The squad and todays starting eleven are not good enough and the proof of that is with 4 games to go we are down and nothing to fight for.

That is no proof. The reason we are down with 3 games left to play is our winless run in the middle of the season, the period where there was the most instability during the entire season.
  • Options
    no way parky nice enough fella and a good guy but it is proof eveident good guys dont win
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2009
    Its that kind of thinking I suppose that was probably influential in the board gambling on giving him the job despite his terrible run of results imediately after pardew's departure. However it hasnt paid off unfortunately and I really do not think that he is the man.

What would happen if we stick with him and we go on a bad run at the start of next season? It would be more damaging then to get rid of him creating the instability that has plagued us over the past couple of years and so we would have the other option of sticking with him to the end of the season and gawd knows where we would be this time next year.

Its unlikely he has the ability to motivate the group of players he has sufficiently or the tactical nous to craft a winning team and there is certainly no money in the kitty for new players (even if there was I question his eye for players).

Let him leave by gentleman's agreement now with no hard feelings from either side.

Hes in a no win situation as are the board in a way. If they stick with Parkinson next year and results mirror this years then the resentment that has been apparent from many of us this year will seem like flattery compared to what it would be like then.

Ok we might not find our next Curbishley but a new face with new ideas may refresh the players and revitalise the whole club which is something we could do with at the moment.
  • Options
    There will be some who say getting rid of Parkinson is unaffordable, so keep him on to tether the goat, and watch out for signs of foot and mouth, and to clear up the poo between matches, the goat would command very little in wages, and no food costs at all with all that lovely juicy Sparrows lane grass to nibble. At Christmas we could bring in a nice lady goat for a treat.
  • Options
    There is no proof that Parkinson will do a terrible job for us next season. The only thing I can see is the players believing in themselves again, and I would stick with Parkinson purely for this reason, he's found a team & a formation that plays good football. A team that we can keep together.

Keep the stability.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]There will be some who say getting rid of Parkinson is unaffordable, so keep him on to tether the goat, and watch out for signs of foot and mouth, and to clear up the poo between matches, the goat would command very little in wages, and no food costs at all with all that lovely juicy Sparrows lane grass to nibble. At Christmas we could bring in a nice lady goat for a treat.

Okay.
  • Options
    I feel so angry at the moment.

Parkinson is an absolute disaster. He started poorly and has progressively got worse. He is tactically naïve, and has no motivation skills. This relegation is down to him. At no time since he has been in charge have we won MUST WIN games. What surprises me is that some fans see a couple of draws as a sign of improvement. Do me a favor

As I have said he has been a disaster as manager. If he remains in charge things will not improve they will get worse. F**K OFF NOW
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Where's the evidence that things have gotten progressively worse?
  • Options
    I disagree Dickie, F*ck off yesterday !!
  • Options
    Yeah I thought his first 8 games were his worst as he only got 3 draws, he's improved hasn't he?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Callumcafc[/cite]Where's the evidence that things have gotten progressively worse?

We have just been relegated to Division 3 after drawing 2-2 at home against blackpool.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JakeCAFC_94[/cite]Yeah I thought his first 8 games were his worst as he only got 3 draws, he's improved hasn't he?

Exactly, first eight games and three points. Last five games and seven points.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Callumcafc
    Things have got worse because in the time this clown has been manager we have slid down the table until we were bottom and cut adrift.
  • Options
    this team looked that they didn't know how to win,we went two nil up with cohesive football then decided to play it across our midfield which ultimately cost us.We have to learn to win again i dont know whether we can under parky
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Callumcafc[/cite]Where's the evidence that things have gotten progressively worse?

We have just been relegated to Division 3 after drawing 2-2 at home against blackpool.

Things have got worse since we were a Premiership team. Not since Parkinson took over.
  • Options
    We still put in a good performance, what about our game against Birmingham recently?
    A goal ruled unfairly offside, and various other chances that with any other teams goalkeepers would probably have gone in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Callumcafc[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]I think we look like a team that will struggle next season.

That is no proof. The reason we are down with 3 games left to play is our winless run in the middle of the season, the period where there was the most instability during the entire season.

No mate they were clueless today.
    we played a poor side today and was found wanting. Thats the proof.
    We havnt strung 2 wins together for so long I cant remember.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    errm
  • Options
    Callumcafc
    I agree that things have got worse since we were a premiership team but you forget that at Christmas last season we were second or third in the table. This season has been our real demise.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]
    No mate they were clueless today.
    we played a poor side today and was found wanting. Thats the proof.
    We havnt strung 2 wins together for so long I cant remember.

Hardly, we were all over them first half and went 2-0 up quickly. They weren't in the game practically until they got their penalty. It's true we haven't won twice in a row for yonks, but like Jake said earlier.. had a bad decisions not gone against us it would be a different story.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Billericay Dickie[/cite]Callumcafc
    I agree that things have got worse since we were a premiership team but you forget that at Christmas last season we were second or third in the table. This season has been our real demise.

Indeed, but I believe this is mainly Pardew's fault, starting the season with only 2 centre backs & leaving Parkinson with a team who thought they were useless and couldn't string 2 passes together.
  • Options
    Callumcafc
    You cannot put it all down to bad decisions going against us. It is more like the decision to play a young kid making his league debut the lone striker when we needed to win the game. As I have already saud the guy is CLUELESS