Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

fish rot from the head down

edited April 2009 in General Charlton
stop blaming parky like dowie, reed, pardew before him and look to the top

Murray, Simons, Chapple et al have been an unmitigated disaster ......... clueless the lot of them .... the sooner they get back their cash and clear off the better

Comments

• Options
    they're fans like us and must be hurting too.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kentred2[/cite]

Murray, Simons, Chapple et al have been an unmitigated disaster ......... clueless the lot of them .... the sooner they get back their cash and clear off the better

Excellent news Ken, good of you to step in. Out of interest, how much are you offering them?
  • Options
    pro rata to my assets I have probably put in more than any of them over the years thanks OFF (seasons, valley gold, VIP etc etc) without having the chance of getting it back like them!

I will save up and buy part of the Valley to lease them back as part of the big carve up though if you want!
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Bollocks. Sorry but yes they have messed up and been incompetent with some of the decisions theyve made and they have that responsibility on their shoulders but would rather have true fans of the club with track records (the longer serving ones) that demonstrate their genuine affection for Charlton than some glazier- type investors who see us as some sort of private equity venture.

People have talked about things like redundancy on here and im sure that if some people with no affiliation to Charlton people took over with us in div 3 then they would be a lot more ruthless and who knows maybe even selling off the valley taking us back to square one.

At the end of the day the biggest culprits this season have been the players and they seem to be getting away with it very lightly.

Shouldnt need to motivate professional footballers on £ks a week doing a job we would all love to do to put in some more commited and passionate performances than they have showed over the past 2 years and as for coaching well if you cant trap a ball or pass to a guy in a red shirt (when playing in home kit) then you should be shot for that (as Clough would say).
  • Options
    When the players sweep past you in their new flash cars with darkened windows, what you can't see is them crying inside.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]When the players sweep past you in their new flash cars with darkened windows, what you can't see is them crying inside.

I heard Moutouakil outside the ground before the palace game talking to a woman and her young boy saying he was going home because he wasnt picked and didnt want to hang about to watch the game. Would Steve Brown (who funnily enough i also saw in the car park that night), rufus or robinson have done that. No and even though i really rate him (hed be a good right midfielder) and think he should have had more opportunities it was a disgusting attitude.

A lot of them will need to have a long hard look at themselves this evening before they start calling their agents tomorrow.
  • Options
    that is a good example RCT

if you were an employee in company where the product was crap and the customers were all complaining, the owners were trying to sell, the managment rubbish and loads of temps brought in to do your job would you give a shit?!

all flows from the top
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kentred2[/cite]that is a good example RCT

if you were an employee in company where the product was crap and the customers were all complaining, the owners were trying to sell, the managment rubbish and loads of temps brought in to do your job would you give a shit?!

all flows from the top

I think if I had 20 thousand people willing me to do so and whos often mental and emotional well - being was determined by my output whilst i was getting paid more than the gdp of Krakow each week to do so then yes i would give a shit.

Similar argument could be said about the players during our years of uncertainty when we left the valley and nearly went to the wall. That was a period before i was really old enough to understand football or what was happening and i only saw one or two games during that period but im sure the players gave more of a shit back then when we were in much deeper schtuck?

Saw something on football focus (on the big 4) the other month about some league 2 side, cant remember who, who hadnt been paid for two months but they were all for the cause and really cared.

Appreciate the analogy but i think footballers transcend it as they have generally struck gold with the lives they have and its not really the same as joe bloggs going to work in an office or factory.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I think the Bournemouth players have just been paid for the first time since Jan', could have been them. Interestingly enough their results have improved no end during the same period.
  • Options
    I blame Dowie myself.
    But then again, giving that twat the kind of funds that they did is pretty indefensible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]When the players sweep past you in their new flash cars with darkened windows, what you can't see is them crying inside.

I heard Moutouakil outside the ground before the palace game talking to a woman and her young boy saying he was going home because he wasnt picked and didnt want to hang about to watch the game. Would Steve Brown (who funnily enough i also saw in the car park that night), rufus or robinson have done that. No and even though i really rate him (hed be a good right midfielder) and think he should have had more opportunities it was a disgusting attitude.

A lot of them will need to have a long hard look at themselves this evening before they start calling their agents tomorrow.

But he's not a fan of the club, he's not come through the youth team like Brown or Rufus. He's been continually dropped for loan players, even if he's played well.

He's had enough. Not saying he's right, but I can understand why he's frustrated.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kentred2[/cite]pro rata to my assets I have probably put in more than any of them over the years thanks OFF (seasons, valley gold, VIP etc etc) without having the chance of getting it back like them!

I will save up and buy part of the Valley to lease them back as part of the big carve up though if you want!

The directors are nursing very heavy financial losses, so I doubt that you have put in more than they have.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]

But he's not a fan of the club, he's not come through the youth team like Brown or Rufus. He's been continually dropped for loan players, even if he's played well.

He's had enough. Not saying he's right, but I can understand why he's frustrated.

There's a story about another young player who went off in a huff after not being picked for a Charlton match. Whatever happened to Alan Curbishley?
  • Options
    we all know they are fans and are hurting

But mistakes have been made and some bloody big ones

So saying they are fans and are hurting really is not good enough
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I think it is.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]

There's a story about another young player who went off in a huff after not being picked for a Charlton match. Whatever happened to Alan Curbishley?

I think he has since redeemed himself for that!
  • Options
    Yep Les it was Bournemouth id seen that about cheers for the reminder.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]I think he has since redeemed himself for that!

It was also a fairly significant game in his career.
  • Options
    Fish rotting from the head is an old wives' tale. Fish rot from the gut outwards.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]There's a story about another young player who went off in a huff after not being picked for a Charlton match. Whatever happened to Alan Curbishley?

Probably the smartest move he ever made, saved himself from watching the biggest pile of shit ever served up at Wembley in the deadest atmosphere ever! Always had good vision, did Curbs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Keef Peacock did the same at one point I believe