Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

According to today's Sun we've been rejected by a Histon defender

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Have to back Shirty up here. RM did say something like that at the GM although I wasn't clear if it was Ward wages now or when he gets his uplift for Wolves going up.

There will be a budget for the various parts of the team. There was this season.

If, say the budget for the defence is £10k pw then he can choose to pay Player X £8k pw but then has to get the other players for a total of £2k pw.

That doesn't make sense to me (not saying it's not true, just that it's not a sensible way to run a TEAM sport). If you play 5 at the back or 3 at the back the need for budget would change. also allocating utility players would be either arbitrary or problematic. That said, if there's a dumb way to do things, we'll find it...
  • Options
    Another reason why we need a change of manager is that Parky doesn't know the lower leagues to pick up cheap talent. Andy Scott at Brentford is one of the youngest managers in the game & works quite scientifically. He has been picking up players (and loans) of players I've never heard of and moulding them into a decent side.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]Another reason why we need a change of manager is that Parky doesn't know the lower leagues to pick up cheap talent. Andy Scott at Brentford is one of the youngest managers in the game & works quite scientifically. He has been picking up players (and loans) of players I've never heard of and moulding them into a decent side.

People like Grant Basey last season, Josh Wright earlier this season?

And Charlie McDonald.
  • Options
    Thought of this story yesterday when watching Goals on Sunday. Kevin Phillips was a guest and he said that when he signed his first pro contract with Watford after they discovered him in non league, his weekly wage was less than he was earning playing semi pro and working in a Dixons warehouse. But he signed cos he wanted to be a pro.
  • Options
    good point Chris