Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

My Derby Dilemma - SOLVED

edited April 2009 in General Charlton
want to go Saturday, don't know when we'll be back in the 'big time'. However, Mrs Large is in Chelsfield Park for an op this Thursday and won't be out till next Tuesday. Is it right that I leave her on her own all day Saturday whilst I am off 'enjoying' myself in the Midlands. Shouldn't I be a good husband and sit with her all day bored out of my tree. What would you do? Advice gratefully received !!

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2009
    Ask her. If she loves you she will tell you to go to Derby and enjoy yourself.
    If she says no, go anyway and bin her.
  • Options
    ask Mrs Large if it is ok, if she says its ok, c'mon and have a sing song lol and good luck with her op hope if all goes well
  • Options
    Always start with " Do you mind if ? "
  • Options
    Hope the op goes OK for her.

Arrange for some other relations to visit on Saturday and then point out the "only two visitors at a time rule" : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Ask her. If she loves you she will tell you to go to Derby and enjoy yourself.
    If she says no, go anyway and bin her.

I have no doubt she'd tell me to go BUT is that the right thing to do? Should I not get my priorities right? (for once).
  • Options
    Surely your missus is more important than watching us in a nothing match.

Or am I going soft?
  • Options
    Depends, see how she is post-op. Can't really plan these things in advance.
  • Options
    I think our Henners has just come up with a cunning plan.......
  • Options
    Stay with your wife. We have nothing to play for so do the right thing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Hope the op goes OK for her.

Arrange for some other relations to visit on Saturday and then point out the "only two visitors at a time rule" : - )

don't think the 'two visitors' rule counts at Chelsfield, you can visit from 10am to 9pm as well. Seeing as my Mum, Dad and Golfie are going to Pride Park, jimmymelrose conveniently lives in France and her Mum is partially sighted and can't drive I am running out of visitor options. Anyone free on Saturday afternoon ??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Depends, see how she is post-op. Can't really plan these things in advance.

probably the best course of action
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Stay with your wife. We have nothing to play for so do the right thing.

we've had nothing to play for since Xmas but that hasn't stopped me. You are probably right though B.
  • Options
    I've got a dilemma with my Derby (it's too big)
  • Options
    To be fair Large, if the choice is between spending an afternoon with your beloved or sitting there listening to Golfie moan on - and on - then there really isn't anything to decide, is there?

You'll be much better off missing our pulsating 8-5 away win.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Stay with your wife. We have nothing to play for so do the right thing.

What Curb_it said. I would also add that one of Mrs McMoist's work colleagues went into hospital the week before last with a chest infection and her husband went off on the Saturday afternoon to do his chores. He never saw her again because she passed away that evening. I'm not suggesting that's going to happen to Mrs Large but if it did, could you live with the guilt? Just a thought.
  • Options
    thanks VMM, very reassuring !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]

What Curb_it said. I would also add that one of Mrs McMoist's work colleagues went into hospital the week before last with a chest infection and her husband went off on the Saturday afternoon to do his chores. He never saw her again because she passed away that evening. I'm not suggesting that's going to happen to Mrs Large but if it did, could you live with the guilt? Just a thought.

Fuggin ell mate - who gave you the happy pills this morning?!
  • Options
    My missus (Chelsea) and two sons (both Charlton) all trotted off to the Carling Cup game which we won a couple of seasons when I was in hospital.

To be honest i wouldn't have had it any other way.

At least you'll have some chatting material for Sunday ;-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Ask her. If she loves you she will tell you to go to Derby and enjoy yourself.
    If she says no, go anyway and bin her.[/quote]

I have no doubt she'd tell me to go BUT is that the right thing to do? Should I not get my priorities right? (for once).[/quote]

you know what you should do stay with your wife
  • Options
    Football is better than women for a day, so go footy
  • Options
    I reckon you should get some brownie points in the bag and stay with her (make sure she knows you're missing out tho), then you can cash in on the goodwill next time you have a clash with a more important game!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    what fatterthan said ... good shout , there'll be more important games than this although you might be setting a precedent large so you're damned if you do and damned if you don't!!
  • Options
    I've decided to wait until Friday after the op, see how she's doing and then make a late decision. Thanks for all the advice though.
  • Options
    you could tell her that oohaah is gonna be at derby. she'll realise that this is as rare as a burton hat-trick and should be witnessed by as many cafc fans as possible.

seriously, hope everything goes ok.
  • Options
    Mrs Large came through her op well today and will now be discharged two days earlier than planned, sometime on Saturday, so putting the kibosh on my plans to go to Pride Park. Ah well.
  • Options
    I think you know what's better news there Large.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Mrs Large came through her op well today and will now be discharged two days earlier than planned, sometime on Saturday, so putting the kibosh on my plans to go to Pride Park. Ah well.

Glad all is well Large, sorry about the game though.
  • Options
    no predictions from large for the footie comp then.........but at least Mrs :Large is ok. thats the main thing.