Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

OMG legend - what can I say !

My neighbour has a builder in - thought he looked familiar, it's Colin Walsh! What can I say to him! I feel like a kid and just smiled at him! Will try and have a chat this week!

I shall never forget that first goal, thank you Colin!

Comments

• Options
    As a fellow builder, the best thing you can do is make him a cup of rosey with some biscuits (custard creams)
  • Options
    Ask him if he still got his boots. He could probably still do a better job that some in the team!!
  • Options
    I saw him in asda a few years back and i was to shy to go say hello, always a tricky thing what to do..
  • Options
    colin walsh is a legend and one of the nicest blokes out there. used to see him in Guy Earl after reserve games and have a few drinks........

t
  • Options
    One of the sweetest left foots I've ever seen too.

Am I reading this wrong or are you saying he's now a builder??? For a player of his talent that's just wrong that he couldn't make a living in the game somewhere or, given the current over paid numpties, just sit on a beach somewhere counting his money.

Walshie or Jerome Thomas? No brainer...even if he must be getting on a bit ;-)
  • Options
    yes Les a builder.
  • Options
    Walshie or Jerome Thomas? No brainer...even if he must be getting on a bit ;-)[/quote]

Jerome Thomas, who's he?

Walshie is very approachable and always happy to talk about Charlton. Top man.
  • Options
    Ask for a signed photo, I am sure he would be more than happy.....He did for me!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Les Addicks[/cite]One of the sweetest left foots I've ever seen too.

That he did Les! Great in a dead ball situation! Scored an absolute screamer against Brighton at Upton Park many moons ago. A peach of an outswinger into the top corner. Had a perfect view, right behind on the 'home terrace', superb finish! Can't quite remember if it was from a free kick or open play, but it was a great fecking goal!(I'll have to borrow my brothers copy of the 91/92 season video to find out for sure) Was also right behind in the South stand when he got the first goal back at our real home.

A very friendly & approachable chap, & a true gent! I once played a couple of frames of pool against him at the old Valley Club at a Junior Robins(Junior Red sunday league spin-off for kids) end of season awards 'do'. He also bought me an R Whites'! :-D He was presenting trophies along with Gritty, Curbs & Mark Reid(All, also a very nice bunch). I was grinning constantly whilst playing, I couldn't believe I was playing pool against one of my Charlton heroes.

Send plenty of Charltonlife regards, & thanks for great memories, Charlton4ever! :-)
  • Options
    Met him a few times as he was going to do a trophy nigth for my old club, top fella, lives next door to a Charlton mate of mine up near Bostall Hill area (ish), been in the building game a few years now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stefco[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Les Addicks[/cite]One of the sweetest left foots I've ever seen too.

That he did Les! Great in a dead ball situation! Scored an absolute screamer against Brighton at Upton Park many moons ago. A peach of an outswinger into the top corner. Had a perfect view, right behind on the 'home terrace', superb finish! Can't quite remember if it was from a free kick or open play, but it was a great fecking goal!(I'll have to borrow my brothers copy of the 91/92 season video to find out for sure) Was also right behind in the South stand when he got the first goal back at ourrealhome.

Think was real early in the game as well unless his was the 2nd cant remember
  • Options
    Ask him about the "Ramblers Rest"........................;-)
  • Options
    You'd never see Christiano Ronaldo as a builder when he retires these modern players are tosh
  • Options
    I've heard he tells some great stories about playing under Cloughie at Notts Forest.
  • Options
    Is he a builder or owns a building company?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]Ask him about the "Ramblers Rest"........................;-)

OK, you have to spill the beans now...
  • Options
    The Specials !!
    (My lips are sealed).
  • Options
    A great player and one of my all time favourite Charlton players. Signed for £125K (I think) from Forest in our first season - an absolute steal, and arguably did more to keep us up that season and the next few as well.
  • Options
    When a bunch of the vets were over here a few years ago, they were all game for a laugh, but Walshie was the real joker in the pack, had everyone in stitches. Top man!
  • Options
    ask him if he does extensions in carshalton LOL
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2009
    I think its his own Company - gave my neighbour a really nice signed pic of him to go with his 70's pics of Halesy and Co in his hall. Nice bloke.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]colin walsh is a legend and one of the nicest blokes out there. used to see him in Guy Earl after reserve games and have a few drinks........

t[/quote]
    Excellent player and a lovely genuine bloke. I remember Stefco's feverish Pool battles against the great man!