Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

------Charlton v Cardiff - Post match views------

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Ps. the crowd had to be seen to be believed. If the crowd was above 10k i would be staggered, and that's including 1,500 Cardiff fans.

I was late arriving last night, well late for me I got to the ground about 19.20, I could not believe it, I walked past the ticket office at the back of the North Stand and the staff were all sitting there chatting as there was no one at the windows buying, I then got through the tunstile and reached the first bar in the North stand and three staff members looked at me and a steward and asked what I would like to drink, no one waiting!!!

Fek me, I thought the game had been cancelled
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Didn't Cardiff let in six on Saturday? Weren't they 2-nil down with eight minutes to go? Surely it should have been them that were panicking and Cardiff's confidence that was shattered, not us !

Wasn't there; butwhat they showed, I guess, was character. And we didn't.

And I have regretfully concluded we never will under this manager.

Bang on, Nigel - you said,"what they showed, I guess, was character. And we didn't. "
    But also our lack of tactical nous at 2-0 up with 8 minutes to go.

Come on Mr Manager, the team play to YOUR instructions.

Bang on Oggy, we played the last 10 mins with 11 men behind the ball, so in effect our set up would have been:

4-6-0, four defenders, six midfielders and nobody up front, what the hell was Kandol doing playing so deep???

We would have lost that game if it had gone on for another 5 mins.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Who would have taken a draw at the start of the game?

The point being: is this the worst result of the season? Or is a 2-2 draw against a playoff-bound team, and extending the longest unbeaten-run of the season acceptable?

I'm not advocating rose-tinted specs for everyone, but aren't there *any* bright points?
  • Options
    nope I wanted a win
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Who would have taken a draw at the start of the game?

The point being: is this the worst result of the season? Or is a 2-2 draw against a playoff-bound team, and extending the longest unbeaten-run of the season acceptable?

I'm not advocating rose-tinted specs for everyone, but aren't there *any* bright points?

IMO The way this draw unfolded was more of a disaster than most of the defeats........
  • Options
    It's not just because we conceded 2 goals in the last few minutes,
    it's the way the team played and invited the pressure.

Tactically inept.
  • Options
    I think our captain Mark Hudson can shoulder some of the blame to be honest. Not once did I see him shouting (encouragement or otherwise) at the rest of the team or waving his arms about trying to do something positive when we were all at sea in those last 10 minutes. Being leaderless on the pitch makes it very difficult for any manager but then again I didn`t see Parkinson or Kinsella leaping up and down either. Clueless and hopeless. Anther two goals from midfield and our strikers looked devoid yet again. I am starting to fear for next season now. It won`t happen but in many ways I hope Norwich wack us and us fans have real and genuine anger we can show the board about how we feel about Parkinson. What a sh1t season.
  • Options
    I do believe that keeps us bottom does it not as in we will now 100% finish bottom?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]I do believe that keeps us bottom does it not as in we will now 100% finish bottom?

Correct, unless they change the rules to 4pts a win.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]I do believe that keeps us bottom does it not as in we will now 100% finish bottom?

We've been 100% finishing bottom for months!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's where we DESERVE to finish I'm afraid. Another truly woeful ending to a Charlton game this season. I have not missed any form of home game Friendly League or Cup for Four Seasons, seriously considered blowing out last night, went out of bloodymindedness, just left feeling as frustrated & annoyed as everyone else.

Parky OUT FFS
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I think parkinson's big problem is exactly what to do with a team where this keeps happening.
    Obviously he must be telling them what to do and working on it in some way in training they must have been through the scenario many times because it has been a major part of our downfall this season.
    We are clearly far from the weakest squad in the division and yet we sit firmly at the bottom of the league.
    Without raising the ghost of curbs we used to be pretty adept at getting our noses in front then closing the game down for the last 20 mins or so.
    This team cannot do that. It cannot be lack of ability, afterall we kept Cardiff out fairly well after about 20 mins and were doing ok till around the 80th.
    So it must be a head thing, a lack of team discipline, some missing strength of character, will to win, self belief, or a mix of them all.
    As individuals they are all decent enough players, but as a team the collective will to impose themselves in a game is not embedded in their group psyche.
    And I think that essential quality in any team is probably one of the hardest things to fix if it is not there.
    I also feel we have lacked some real leadership on the pitch this season. It might have made a key difference in some of our games. We may have become harder to beat but we are no better at winning or having that mentality.
    If parkinson is to stay he has got to find and send out a team that doesn't fold before our eyes. It is going to be a difficult job given what we have seen and what we will have left by the end of this season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

Oh whatever how boring, We have not been mathmatically guarenteed to finish bottom until yesterday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

Oh whatever how boring, We have not been mathmatically guarenteed to finish bottom until yesterday.

Posted by ChicagoAddick

Correct, unless they change the rules to 4pts a win.

Then we could be 16 points behind safety .........(!)

(sorry about the mess - how do quote easily from the previous page ....??)
  • Options
    turn on BBCode!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: c4fcdenmark[/cite]turn on BBCode!

doesn't cross quotes from previos pages though petition man!
  • Options

Great idea!!! :o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: c4fcdenmark[/cite]

Great idea!!! :o)

No i wasn't saying do a petition ;o) Just saying you can't cross quotes from previous pages, and referring to you as petition man lol !
  • Options
    Damn, I was getting all ready...