Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

To all those who 'persuaded' me to go last night

edited April 2009 in General Charlton
Thanks..

Virtually no youth playing
18 central midfielders on the pitch at once..
Parky fielding a completely unbalanced 11 then followed up bringing Spring on
No tactical nous
Yet another throw away lead

Yet another very big waste of time

:)

Comments

• Options
    Up to 81 minutes I was having a thoroughly great time. I thought the boys showed a lot of spirit, weathered the early Cardiff storm well and looked like being free of the shackles of staving off relegation was having a good effect.

Step forward Parkinson with his ridiculous tactics and substitutions and it all changed, it was only then that my evening went south. He completely misread the mood of the fans and got it hopelessly wrong.

It proved that nothing other than a clean start will do, that he is not the bloke we need and want to spearhead our campaign to take us straight back up and that if he stays it will have a huge effect on renewals.
  • Options
    I had a lovely time.

At home.
  • Options
    Wish I'd stayed at home.
  • Options
    I can't believe how many CM's we have at the club.. how was this allowed to happen?

Holland
    Spring
    Ambrose
    Shelvey
    ZiZi
    Bailey
    Racon
    Sinclair
    Wright
    Arter

Semedo

have I missed anyone?
  • Options
    And we only have one winger- Sam. And Wagstaff although he is nowhere near the first team...

Wished I stayed at home and watch Pool/Arsenal, another 4-4
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]Up to 81 minutes I was having a thoroughly great time. I thought the boys showed a lot of spirit, weathered the early Cardiff storm well and looked like being free of the shackles of staving off relegation was having a good effect.

Step forward Parkinson with his ridiculous tactics and substitutions and it all changed, it was only then that my evening went south. He completely misread the mood of the fans and got it hopelessly wrong.

It proved that nothing other than a clean start will do, that he is not the bloke we need and want to spearhead our campaign to take us straight back up and that if he stays it will have a huge effect on renewals.

Seconded. Actually sort of enjoying it until Parkinson decided to get involved. Beforehand, I was prepared to accept any result and promised myself that I would not get fired up. However, for the umpeenth time in the last few seasons I left the ground in a desparately foul mood. You dont mind a few bad games but the last two seasons are now officially a joke. I am now doing a complete u turn from my recent poll vote of retaining the management structure - I think I was being overly sentimental cos Parkinson seems a nice chap and Kinsella is Charlton through and through.

It is now very clear that we need a complete overall from top to bottom. We desparately need some new money in the club, a new management team and nigh on a new playing team - otherwise I fear that we are going to struggle not to slide again. Also......I do not want to see us get another scum player on loan ever ever ever.
  • Options
    We're in a horrible situation. We need to be going into next season strong and galvanised and ready to go, we really don't want to be bringing in a new manager and spending the first third of the season 'getting to know the players'.

Parky has turned that on it's head and IMO left the board with no choice but to start again and the overhaul that could prove so costly early next season is now essential.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I can't believe how many CM's we have at the club.. how was this allowed to happen?

Holland
    Spring
    Ambrose
    Shelvey
    ZiZi
    Bailey
    Racon
    Sinclair
    Wright
    Arter

Semedo

have I missed anyone?

Yussuff, although he's played left midfield a lot. Probably because we have enough CMs though.

It's Pardews fault, ridiculous having that many CMs and only 2 of our own centre backs.

Sinclair was a pointless signing, Parkinson did the same with Spring. They might not be bad players (though I don't rate Spring and Sinclair isn't much better), but we just never needed them. Without those two it's at least a bit closer the sort of numbers we should have.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Thanks..

No tactical nous

Come on now, toe the party line, you know you should be happy clappy, and not complain about our recent relegation, everything is fine, honest.
  • Options
    Remember, all we have to do is win our last 2 matches, and 3 teams go into Administration ..... and we have a chance of staying up.
    Simple.

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Remember, all we have to do is win our last 2 matches, and 3 teams go into Administration ..... and we have a chance of staying up.
    Simple.

;o)

there we go, that's the oggster we all know and love ... not that doom (realistic) merchant whose turned up recently ;-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I can't believe how many CM's we have at the club.. how was this allowed to happen?

Holland
    Spring
    Ambrose
    Shelvey
    ZiZi
    Bailey
    Racon
    Sinclair
    Wright
    Arter

Semedo

have I missed anyone?[/quote]

...and sadly not one of them are able to put a tackle in. In my view, that is one of the reasons why we have let in so many goals..... Oh, and having Kelly Youga and Butterfeet as our Fullbacks
  • Options
    very true, either past it or too similar. agree re fb's

We need so many players its scary.
  • Options
    Bailey and Semedo can't put a tackle in? Maybe not great but I wouldn't neither of those two can't tackle.

I kind of know what you mean though, there's no one there who's a proper ball winner or adds a lot of strength presence to the midfield.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    and I got there a bit early and bought the programme to read (derr)

two articles/interviews caught my eye

ZiZi how to not say you're off to a prem club on a free transfer in 200words, any chance of a refund of 6 months of your wages from the Chinese FA?

Sinclair who are you why have you never played, but most significantly you are learning French.

So worth it...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Bailey and Semedo can't put a tackle in? Maybe not great but I wouldn't neither of those two can't tackle.

Bailey tries to tackle but always misses giving away free kicks.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Thanks..

No tactical nous

Bang on the money Razil.

Same here, missed the Blackpool game because of injured back, struggled down last night and left as their second goal hit the net. I was fuming not because of the result because it means nothing, but the 2nd half total negativity. Only an idiot could not have seen what was going to happen keep allowing Cardiff to come on to us. Please don’t tell me that we were pushed back by a stronger team either.

The second half we degenerated from 4 - 5 - 1 to something that more resembled 9 - 1 inviting them on and of course any team would oblige and be grateful for the free hand out of goals from such negativity. I have no problem with the starting formation but if we are not going to stick to it then you have to look at the lack of nous of the manager.

The fact was that we mustered only a couple of attacks which showed Cardiff's weakness, a shot against the post and a goal so why sit back waiting for the inevitable.

I have held back from really criticising Parkinson because for the sake of the club he needed to be given our backing and support, but I do blame him for last nights totally wasted exercise.

An opportunity lost to have given a youngster the chance up front in a 4 -4 - 2.amongst others no doubt.