Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player of the Year vote - 2009/10

In the last two programmes, we have been told that voting is continuing around the stadium for the Player of the Year award . Yet I have seen no evidence at all of anyone taking votes.

I sit in the middle of the East Stand and come in via the Lansdowne Mews entrance. I sit in a group of six friends and relatives. None of them has seen anyone taking votes either. We also obviously chat to the fans around us whom we have grown to know well over the years. None of them either has seen anyone taking votes.

It was alas exactly the same last season.

I don’t know what is happening around the rest of the stadium but it is obvious that a large swathe of the East Stand have not been approached for voting.

I know that this has been a dreadful season and that enthusiasm for a running the award may be at a low but such absence of any proper organisation devalues the whole award and its democratic legitimacy.

If it can’t be run responsibly on the present basis then it’s time the club itself took over the running of the award.

Richard Redden

Comments

• Options
    you could always volunteer to collect votes, I'm sure they would be grateful of the help, or is that too stupid a suggestion.
  • Options
    I think the club are insulting the fans to ask them to vote for a player of the year, do the right thing and the budget that is ear marked for the evening donate to a charity or put it towards Parkies pay off
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2009
    Its not a club initiative though is it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]I think the club are insulting the fans to ask them to vote for a player of the year, do the right thing and the budget that is ear marked for the evening donate to a charity or put it towards Parkies pay off

it's a supporters Club event and all funds raised are going to charity so costing the Club nothing.
  • Options
    fair enough then, however i still think its an insult asking fans to vote,
  • Options
    I didn't see anywhere to vote for player of the year either.
  • Options
    the best idea was when they had the ballot boxes in the pubs around the ground where you fill in the bit in your season ticket.
    i'm guessing that would've been a lot bigger voting turn out than in other years.
  • Options
    I didnt see anywhere to vote - the pigeon would have got mine.
  • Options
    i went looking last night found nothing
  • Options
    I went looking at the Brum and Blackpool games and found nothing too. I hadn't a clue who I would have voted for, but you just do, don't you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave, Gary, Tony, Geoff and Gavin of the Fans Forum have collected votes outside of the West stand reception as a favour to CASC......who was doing their bit (CASC), is anybodies guess
  • Options
    The Player of the Year event is organised by CASC.

In an attempt to help out (as Tel points out), the Fans' Forum members collected votes outside the West Stand (we were stationed by Sam Bartram's statue) before the Birmingham game - and a fair few votes we collected too. We understand that CASC representatives were also collecting votes and using ballot boxes in some of the pubs and clubs.

Steve Bailey of CASC is masterminding the event itself, which takes place on Sunday and will have a full complement of players apparently. I'm sure that Steve and his CASC colleagues would be happy to take any additional votes (I think any format is acceptable, it doesn't have to be the coupon out of the season ticket book) - and more importantly provide tickets for the event itself for those who wish to attend.
  • Options
    There was someone in the West Stand on Saturday collecting votes but no-one was there for the Birmingham game or last night. I voted for Elliott- at least he HASN'T let us down and has worn his heart his sleeve. Two outstanding saves last night as well
  • Options
    Didn't we have another thread on this?
  • Options
    Correy the ballboy is getting my vote!
  • Options
    Yes Henry we did - I posted something very similar on Monday & it sank without trace. Now, I'm not one for conspirancy therories but I suspect somebody or some body (geddit) doesn't want everyone voting.

I believe that there was someone collecting votes OUTSIDE the ground on Saturday, but no-one inside the grond & certainly no=one at the back of the East.

This years POTY should be scrapped otherwise the result is a farce.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]Yes Henry we did - I posted something very similar on Monday & it sank without trace. Now, I'm not one for conspirancy therories but I suspect somebody or some body (geddit) doesn't want everyone voting.

I believe that there was someone collecting votes OUTSIDE the ground on Saturday, but no-one inside the grond & certainly no=one at the back of the East.

This years POTY should be scrapped otherwise the result is a farce.

I know a lot of people like a conspiracy but I prefer the cock-up theory. CASC just didn't do it very well.

Votes were taken in places where real Charlton fans drink ie the Liberal club but only because I sent Henry Jnr round with the voting slip.

If you and Richard Redden couldn't be bothered to vote on line or find the Fans' Forum that you don't deserve a vote IMHO : - )
  • Options
    Who's POTY ?

;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]Who's POTY ?

;-)

I think it's the fella that sits 2 rows in front of me i believe his surname is Mouth.
  • Options
    Another "re-used" Thread: (Recycling & all that.................)

In a month or so We'll be collecting the POTY votes...so,whom, along with Jackson, will get votes this year ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry....didn't/don't know how to "Edit" the title.
  • Options
    christ Mog, there's recycling and then there is recycling !!
  • Options
    Just trying to keep the "clique/admins" work down: Typical of Me, I dun wrong again. Sorry.