Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew v Parky

Just been working out the stats of these 2 great managers over this season to see whether statistically speaking at least Charlton have improved under Parky.

By my (albeit dodgy) maths I reckon the managers have the following records:

Pardew
Played 18, won 4, drew 4, lost 10 = 16 points or an average of 0.89 per game and a 22% win rate / 56% loss rate
Goals scored were 21 (1.167 per game) and against 31 (1.723 per game)

Parky
Played 26, won 3, drew 11, lost 12 = 20 points or an average of 0.77 per game (worse than Pardew) and a 12% win rate (worse than Pardew) 46% loss rate (better than Pardew)
Goals scored were 27 (1.04 per game - worse than Pardew) and against 1.54 per game (improvement on Pardew).

Scary really that we have gone backwards in many areas since Pardew left. Add to that the fact that in the second half of the season we have had Racon & ZZ back from injury plus allowed Parky to bring in 2 players permanently and many more on loan ! They are both awful records which would ultimately have both led to relegation.

My real concern is that Parky has had better players at his disposal (due to returns from injury) and in the last few games has come across teams like Coventry who have nothing left to play for but still could not win.

Anyway, the point of this post I guess is to show that in hindsight (and what a wonderful thing that is) we should have got rid of Pardew at the end of the season, probably saving us sufficient in pay off to be able to afford to have got rid of Parky at the same time!)

Comments