Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"de-arrested"

"Two did manage to jump over the advertising hoardings and made it just onto the pitch before being caught, but the stewards did a very good job considering six people jumped the fence at the same time, which is quite rare."

Although one fan was later de-arrested, six were taken to Plumstead police station and charged under the Football (Offences) Act. Charlton have also supplied CCTV footage to the police.

Mick added: "It is likely that the 30 seconds of madness shown by these people could result in convictions and ultimately may result in banning orders being issued to them."

From the OS and programme story about the Blackpool fans who jumped over the barrier when they scored the Pen.

Not a debate about the rights and wrongs of it but "de-arrested". is that a word? Is it in common usage?

Comments

• Options
    is it his patois?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]"Two did manage to jump over the advertising hoardings and made it just onto the pitch before being caught, but the stewards did a very good job considering six people jumped the fence at the same time, which is quite rare."

Although one fan was laterde-arrested,six were taken to Plumstead police station and charged under the Football (Offences) Act. Charlton have also supplied CCTV footage to the police.

Mick added: "It is likely that the 30 seconds of madness shown by these people could result in convictions and ultimately may result in banning orders being issued to them."

From the OS and programme story about the Blackpool fans who jumped over the barrier when they scored the Pen.

Not a debate about the rights and wrongs of it but "de-arrested". is that a word? Is it in common usage?

Yes :-)

On the subject, bit harsh, I know they broke the rules, but the potential punishment does not fit the crime, common sense should prevail, it made me laugh anyway.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    There are figures published every year with people being de-arrested..or so i'm told
  • Options
    I think the message got through as none jumped on with the second goal.

Life time ban no but I think the club are right to inforce the rules.
  • Options
    I thought they got on the pitch when they equalised . Was funny seeing cheerleaders/blokes dressed in syrups being dragged away , just chuck 'em out not worth a nicking surely
  • Options
    Interesting this de-arrested bit. Didn't we use to say wrongly arrested? When did it change? Orwell eat your heart out.
  • Options
    The thing is, the law may have been different then, but way back in September 1985, those of us who went on the pitch would all be facing a life ban, and I bet there are a few on here that were on the pitch that day, I know I was.

Dont ban them, maybe a warning/caution or small fine should suffice.
  • Options
    Millwall fan recently got a life ban for running on the pitch at Crewe away game
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]I thought they got on the pitch when they equalised . Was funny seeing cheerleaders/blokes dressed in syrups being dragged away , just chuck 'em out not worth a nicking surely

Yeah i agree with shag here, what's the point of wasting police resources on something that could just be a chuck out offence and a fine. Its just madness.
  • Options
    Agree with the above. The tone of the pich invasions should be taken into account, the cheerleaders were hardly attacking the players (although i imagine a 19stone cheerleader running towards you can be scary) or trying to get at the home fans a throwing out of the ground would be sufficent or a caution
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]Agree with the above. The tone of the pich invasions should be taken into account, the cheerleaders were hardly attacking the players (although i imagine a 19stone cheerleader running towards you can be scary) or trying to get at the home fans a throwing out of the ground would be sufficent or a caution

Tyring to get at the home fans would move it into a whole different realm, which would justify bans, a ban for what they did is not IMO.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T[/cite] (although i imagine a 19stone cheerleader running towards you can be scary)

Not scary, just bloody expensive. £100 for an hour the last time.........

Oh, I see.

As you were.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I think the message got through as none jumped on with the second goal.

Life time ban no but I think the club are right to inforce the rules.[/quote]

Oh my God, you've posted something that was factually incorrect! It was the second goal squire!
  • Options
    home the lad on facebook who wants a pitch protest at Norwich is reading LOL
  • Options
    So if there was to a pitch invasion by home fans should we win the league next season would they nick every single one of us, imo it is pathetic, and at worst, should only warrent being chucked out of the ground, a waste of police time and tax payers money
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]The thing is, the law may have been different then, but way back in September 1985, those of us who went on the pitch would all be facing a life ban, and I bet there are a few on here that were on the pitch that day, I know I was..

I confess, I too was on the pitch that day, it's a fair cop. A life ban then - after the last three years down there can I just say Yes Please.....
  • Options
    Its bollocks to be fair. Sick Demos during home coming parades for people who risked their lives for our country, yet a few people celebrate a goal and are arrested etc.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Millwall fan recently got a life ban for running on the pitch at Crewe away game

Lucky git.
  • Options
    Thanks for pointing out my error.

Must have mixed it up with Cardiff fans. Some of them got nicked for celebrating the disallowed goal.

Anyway back on topic. "de-arrested" Is this word in common usage?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How long did the Charlton Streaker get (BS) back then?
  • Options
    Along with flatulence, i don't find many things as amusing as a streaker!! That bloke who did it all the time at most sporting events, what a leg end, espesh when he streaked the snooker!! I was in pieces!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]3743225764-soccer-coca-cola-football-league-bury-v-rochdale-gigg-lane.jpg

Is that an F-Troop member in the background between the copper & the streaker?
  • Options
    De-arrested is a word used by Police meaning just that. It's different to Wrongful arrest as the person has been arrested lawfully but been de-arrested for other reasons...eg discretion being used or the situation resolved/defused.
  • Options
    Well when we win the league next year I hope we all run onto the pitch, I mean that's what real fans do isn't it?
    Chirpy Red Jnr is desperate for a mass pitch invasion, after the final whistle of course...
  • Options
    I just wondered who would have to wash his socks. Jeez, I'm really past it.
  • Options
    Could be a lot of Derby fans facing a life ban after yesterday then.

Police should be banned for life from making up words.
  • Options
    and the entire Bournemouth crowd!

As the police make up charges, events and reasons to shoot innocent people, making up a few new words shouldnt trouble them!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Could be a lot of Derby fans facing a life ban after yesterday then.

Police should be banned for life from making up words.
    Exactly never mind their aggressive attitudes towards us after we handed them 3 points to safety!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: alan dugdale[/cite]De-arrested is a word used by Police meaning just that. It's different to Wrongful arrest as the person has been arrested lawfully but been de-arrested for other reasons...eg discretion being used or the situation resolved/defused.
    Yeah, but didn't it used to be that someone was simply "released" or "released without charge"?