Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wow, well done Jonjo

GO, GO, JONJO
Charlton Athletic striker Jonjo Shelvey has broken the club record for the distance covered by a player in a game since the ProZone system was installed at The Valley.

Shelvey, the club's youngest-ever player, ran 13.6km (8.4 miles) in the home match against Birmingham City on April 11, breaking Matt Holland's record of 13.4km.

Charlton Head of Sports Science Nick Davies said: "It's an extraordinary figure. He covered more ground in that game than any other player in my own personal experience, and certainly since the club had the ProZone system installed.

"Not only that, but the number of high intensity runs he made was also higher than anyone else."

ProZone is the computerised data system used by clubs to analyse team performance and fitness by plotting the movement and actions of each player throughout a game.

Comments

• Options
    That's very impressive. Shame none of our other midfielders have put in the same kind of shift this season.
  • Options
    I'm sure Marcus Bent once ran 20 metres in one game, so this isn't a record. Oh, KILOmetres....
  • Options
    I refuse to believe that Kish ran less than 20km per match!
  • Options
    aye but headless chicken style
  • Options
    It's not that good when you consider that Holland did most his 13.4 km going backwards :-)
  • Options
    It's impressive but would it benefit him if sometimes he DIDN'T run around as much? Maybe he'd have a bit more energy when he gets the ball? I know if Lloyd Sam for example tried to do that much running, he'd never be able to dribble as much as he does once he gets the ball.

Imagine if Todorov tried to run that much, he'd probably melt or snap in half.
  • Options
    he is very fit
  • Options
    Coooooooooooooey
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]he is very fit

Ooooh get you!