Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Our Scouting Reports Ackworths wanted..

Right, League One. Will be a big fish in a small pond, at least 14 players will be saying bye bye to SE7, for now lets forget takeovers, we will have not alot of money unless we get good money for our 'stars'. who have peolpe seen lower leagues that could deffo do a job for us next term and would come in under the 500k bracket, baring in mind clubs who are on the verge of finaical collapse relegation and would be looking for a quick buck.

Danny Hollands at Bournmouth, ex chelsea didnt make the first team so went down the league i have seen him a couple of times and looks a quality midfielder, club captain too so would add some vital communication, bournmouth still in the doo so could get a good price for him plus i think we would be to good a club to turn down.

Dean Brill GK, Sam Parkin SC Lewis Emanuel DL and Tom craddock Sc all from luton, basicaly i would imagine any offers glady recieved there are some good footballers up there in Luton and now there non league i would imagine they would go for peanuts, Brill was linked with prem clubs a few years back and would be a great number 2 to Elliot as weaver and randolph on way out, Parkin is a big strong centre forward thiner more atletic version than Prestons too, Craddock again ex premiere league and hungry for sucess.

One Luton name i did ponder as he looked good at the paint trophy was our very own Kevin Nicholls.. Luton captain box to box work horse just what the docter orderd sadly in his early 30's now so may be to old.

Who else have people seen that would be worth a look.. We all have an Ackworth in us somewhere so realease the beast within..

_40577055_anorak203.jpg

Comments

• Options
    good positive post, I look forward to more on this thread, perhaps we can lend a hand or at least have a positive discussion for a change.
  • Options
    Oh please not another Ackworth!!!! one is enough surely!!
  • Options
    On a serious note though, we need a striker, one that can score goals...Charlie MacDonald might be useful!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeteF[/cite]On a serious note though, we need a striker, one that can score goals...Charlie MacDonald might be useful!

Dare I mention the lad Varney on loan to Sheff Weds at the moment? He scored a few for Crewe a couple of seasons ago? ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: PeteF[/cite]On a serious note though, we need a striker, one that can score goals...Charlie MacDonald might be useful!

Dare I mention the lad Varney on loan to Sheff Weds at the moment? He scored a few for Crewe a couple of seasons ago? ;)

There's a striker at Tottenham who looks quite useful. Started off at Ipswich apparantly.
  • Options
    so if we get the one from spurs and the other from Derby/Sheff Weds then we will be fine.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]so if we get the one from spurs and the other from Derby/Sheff Weds then we will be fine.

That lad at Ipswich, the one who left his keys in his car at the filling station and had his car nicked, he could do a job for us!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]so if we get the one from spurs and the other from Derby/Sheff Weds then we will be fine.[/quote]

That lad at Ipswich, the one who left his keys in his car at the filling station and had his car nicked, he could do a job for us![/quote]

You worry me Dave........
  • Options
    Hollands and Nicholls not a bad shout. I've seen both this year and been impressed but not sure Nicholls' legs will last a whole season. Defo the sort of player we need though, someone with a bit of spite about them and leads from the front. While we talking about Bournemouth I quite like a young striker there called Brett Pitman. One for the future though, I think we've taken enough punts on unproven strikers recently.
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: PeteF[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]so if we get the one from spurs and the other from Derby/Sheff Weds then we will be fine.

That lad at Ipswich, the one who left his keys in his car at the filling station and had his car nicked, he could do a job for us!

You worry me Dave........

Moi ;)

Actually, you may think me mad BUT I think Lisbie could do a job for us in League One. Seeing that Royston Keen is now in charge of the tractor boys he may well get released.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dont mention tractors. Mick the Muck will turn up!
  • Options
    Porter at hartlepool please
  • Options
    Bristol Rovers striker, top scorer in League 1 at the moment....get him!
  • Options
    riki lambert is a good shout as is paul hayes at scunthorpe pavel abbot at darlo has always had an eye for goal need a partnership in that league ala macail smith and mclean at the posh
  • Options
    spooky Adam, vey spooky. This below was posted by Mr Jonathan Acworth himself on the Fans Views on the O/S on 19 April. Like the Ed.'s comment too :

'Players to buy'

mcindoe bristol city
    hoolihan norwich
    holt shrewsbury
    dunne millwall
    moses palace
    morrisson out of contract at coventry
    hatch darlington
    lambert bristol rovers
    king gillingham
    yakubu barnet
    vikes wolves
    brady man utd
    tudgay sheff weds
    marney hull
    hayes scunthorpe
    kandol leeds
    cudicini spurs
    surman southampton 750k valuation on him
    torres peterboro
    boyd peterboro
    lewington mk dons
    mcdonald norwich
    savage derby
    booth huddersfield
    bishop bury
    akomah barnet
    jackson gillingham
    d sane torquay
    morisson stevenage
    collisson west ham
    eastwood coventry

Ed - got some spare cash to buy this lot then Mr Acworth? And Jack Collison is now one of West Ham's first-choice players (although injured at the minute) - why on earth would he leave them to come here?!
  • Options
    Love the last comment!
  • Options
    Savage? Isn't he like Holland now? Just too slow and not as fit as he used to be?

Cudicini?!!
  • Options
    Saw Jonathan Obika play for the Spuds in the Youth Cup game and he looked a handful albeit against kids. He's been on loan at Yeovil in the last couple of months and in 9 games he has scored 5 of the 9 goals that Yeovil have managed in that time. A season long loan at the Valley might suit all parties.
  • Options
    I would hope we're aware of players like him, only proven League One goalscorers we can sign will be the ones out of contract (are there even any?). We might have to go for the next best, players like Obika that have done well at that level even if they haven't proven it for a season yet.
  • Options
    Akinde has banged them in for Wycombe and I'm guessing Bristol City will loan him out again.

Billy Clarke is out of contract at Ipswich.