Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parkinson hits back at boo boys

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/4317970.Addicks_boss_hits_back_at_boo_boys/

Comments

• Options
    Fight...Fight...Fight...Fight......

girl_fight.jpg
  • Options
    I think Parky's last comment at the end of the article is the most refreshing, honest peice of self-analysis I have read from him all season.

Good on yer Phillip.
  • Options
    “Matty Holland has done his medial ligaments and struggled on in the last couple of minutes in the game against Cardiff because obviously we had used our subs.

Bloody hell Matt Holland played after tearing his medial ligaments sum Matty up really.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]I think Parky's last comment at the end of the article is the most refreshing, honest peice of self-analysis I have read from him all season.

Good on yer Phillip.

LOL

Finally he has admitted what we have know all along!
  • Options
    Didn't realise Holland was injured. Maybe the last time we see him in a Charlton shirt then. I hope Solly gets a chance.

Good point about Shelvey's injury as well.
  • Options
    whenever I read interviews with Parky I find myself both understanding and actually quite liking him.

just can't at the moment bring myself to wish he was still here come August.

I'm sure he's probably a decent manager, just feel that his previous record with us will always make things difficult for him.
  • Options
    I agree with him about those that could not clearly see poor Jonjo was struggling with his shoulder. Says a lot about Jonjo for wanting to stay on but also says loads about the manager for letting him stay out there????????
  • Options
    Wait a minute. After Tuesdays game he said he could understand the fans frustration and if he was in the stands he would have been the same....

Matty :-(

Hope thats not the last we see of him in a Charlton shirt
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]whenever I read interviews with Parky I find myself both understanding and actually quite liking him.

just can't at the moment bring myself to wish he was still here come August.

I'm sure he's probably a decent manager, just feel that his previous record with us will always make things difficult for him.
    agreed -I think the rot was deeply set in before he took over, he may well be able to excise it now but it would still cast an ominous shadow.

As for Matty H, he won't be a regular and imho the less unnecessary 'old guard' we keep then the fresher the new squad will be. Anyway he's been with us for 2 relegations, don't want to risk 3!

Hopefully he can finish his career back at Bournemouth.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]I think Parky's last comment at the end of the article is the most refreshing, honest peice of self-analysis I have read from him all season.

Good on yer Phillip.[/quote]

ROTFL - good one
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    “I felt they were getting a lot of crosses in and Parry was having a good time against Danny Butterfield and that team should have seen the game through.”

Why do we still use buttercnut?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]“I felt they were getting a lot of crosses in and Parry was having a good time against Danny Butterfield and that team should have seen the game through.”

Why do we still use buttercnut?

After his, deserved, booked Butterfield wasn't getting stuck in or closing the guy down to the same extent so the ball was constantly in our box. Also Sam seemed to tracking back well so we missed him when he went off.
  • Options
    "We also talked about the discipline of giving silly free-kicks away which came from the anxiousness in the side. Nicky Bailey's a good example of this but it's very hard to criticise Nick - if we had 11 players with hearts the size of his then we'd be in the top six.

"He's just so determined to do well that spills over into anxiousness. It's about keeping a cool head and staying on your feet. We had a general chat and it's important over these next two games that we rectify the problem.

Just what I was thinking, Bailey's so desperate for us to win and he's got to use his head not just dive in like he does.
    Looking ahead to next term, Parkinson admitted he had already identified several transfer targets he was keen to bring to SE7, while the Addicks boss also responded to increased speculation of a potential takeover of the club.

"If there was new investment which enabled this group of players to stay together and also to add to it then it can only be a good thing,” stated Parkinson, who added: "We've been watching numerous players at all levels and we've been speaking to agents over the last few weeks to line up players for the summer to build this squad and give us a chance to challenge next year.

"Me and my staff know what this squad needs and we know who we want to bring in to make this a promotion-winning team next year.”

Does sound like he could well be staying. I expected they were already looking but it's good to hear.

As for Solly good news, hopefully he makes his debut against Derby and starts against Norwich. He's one I think will definitely break through here and become a regular, something I don't feel at the moment at least about players like Wagstaff and Basey.
  • Options
    hope sam wasn't injured...
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]whenever I read interviews with Parky I find myself both understanding and actually quite liking him.

agree with this totally
  • Options
    :o(
  • Options
    Wheres Yassin? :-(
  • Options
    his record is undeniably bad both results and purchases/loans, sure its been under hard circumstances, but football is a tough game nowadays
  • Options
    I'm not happy with this statement.
    Parky refers to our sitting too deep, inviting pressure etc. (Yes, true and the players must shoulder some of the blame - I'd even go so far as to say Parky was blameless for their first goal - that was down to lack of concentration by the players alone.) So why didn't he address that at the time? I've said before - the whole crowd could see it was a bad idea, yet from where I was sitting, neither Parky or Kins appeared to be ordering the team to leave a man up or avoid sitting too deep - now Parky seems to be saying HE could see that too. SO WHY DIDN'T HE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT BEFORE WE THREW THE GAME AWAY??

My opinion of Parky has dropped this week, but my respect for him would rise a little again if he took the rap and admitted responsibility.
  • Options
    Gotta say i got half way through then fell asleep! Went on a bit didn't he!!??
  • Options
    charlton30939news3.jpg

french under 21 captain allegedly.... ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Wheres Yassin? :-(

Clearly going now. Solly is the future at right back!

If Solly wasn't here I think we might well have given Sam Long a year. With Solly there they probably didn't see a route into the first team for him.
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]hope sam wasn't injured...

agree with this totally

I know what you mean as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]charlton30939news3.jpg

french under 21 captain allegedly.... ;-)

I am gonna miss him. I spoke to him a couple of times by the entrance seemed a genuine nice guy who wanted to really do well with us, I can see him signing for someone good like Cardiff ;'o)
  • Options
    I felt they were getting a lot of crosses in and Parry/any left midfielder in the league was having a good time against Danny Butterfield .”

“I haven’t got a clue,”

No sh!t Sherlock
  • Options
    Think Matty may be off to his old mate Roy keane at Ipswich in some sort of ancillary/ coaching role!
  • Options
    Parkinson is quoted as saying:

“At 2-2 the frustration spills out on the manager, which in a way is understandable, but with one goal all of a sudden a section of the supporters turn on you."

'all of a sudden' eh? So Parky has been basking in the approbation of the fans all the time, and out of a clear blue sky they start moaning? Whats that all about eh? The poor bloke has been at one with us, hand in glove with our aspirations and desires, and us with his brilliant and sterling work in trying circumstances. Hardly ever has there been such a synergy, a synchronicity between supporters and manager. Along comes a single goal, one lousy goal, and we fans turn out to be feckless and fickle, betraying the carefully built and nurtured special relationship between us.
    I reckon Parkinson is reading the situation just right. You know what Parky, we just don't deserve you. It'd serve us jolly well right if you upped sticks and left us. Then where would we be, we'd be sorry then huh? Go on do it, show us we've been taking you for granted, moaning and nagging. The lady at number 42 will take you in and appreciate you.
  • Options
    For that particular game though Seth it's a fair point that quote.
  • Options
    Are you joking ? The guy is statistically the worst manager we’ve ever had, his appointment was an absolute shambles and we need to get rid ASAP. I’d rather have a squad of 19 average players next year and a good manager that 20 average players and this clown. Ok we were in a bad way when we brought him in but so were Forrest and Watford, they made big changes (Davies and Rodgers) and both look likely to survive, we brought in Parkinson who squandered the meager resources he was given and now because he does an interview with the paper where he comes across as a “nice guy” suddenly people want him to stay.

Don’t be fooled !
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Did you see again what he said at the end of the article ... ?

"I haven’t got a clue,” he added.

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]Think Matty may be off to his old mate Roy keane at Ipswich in some sort of ancillary/ coaching role!

Wouldn't be surprised, I had the same sort of idea.
  • Options
    In another week it won't matter.
    Parky will be gone.

Good bloke, apparently. Not a good manager and very tactically naive.