Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bottom 6 Final Game Script Could Not Have Been Written

edited April 2009 in General Charlton
Today any 1 of 4 teams could join Charlton and Southampton in Div 1 next season

Norwich(22), Barnsley(21), Nottingham Forest(20) and Plymouth(19)

This could change on Monday if Norwich Draw then Plymouth are removed from the equation, if Norwich lose then both Nottingham Forest and Plymouth are removed from the equation and if Norwich win then it is status quo and Norwich move up to 21 and Barnsley move down to 22.

On the final day of the Championship
Charlton(24) play Norwich(22)
Nottingham Forest(20) play Southampton(23)
Plymouth(19) play Barnsley(21)

Not sure that this happens very often when the bottom 6 are playing against another bottom 6 club on the final day of the season.

Comments

• Options
    Will be interesting. Shame its all over for us. This could have been a great game with us and Norwich with all to play for!
  • Options
    Shame that the only result a win for us will bring is another relegation to Norwich.

0-0 draw then...
  • Options
    Thought for weeks that we'll beat Norwich and send them down with us.
  • Options
    Reading V Norwich is on Sky Sports tonight, it should be a cracker!
  • Options
    we'll send norwich down and they'll pip us for 6th spot next year ;-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]we'll send norwich down and they'll pip us for 6th spot next year ;-(
    OohAahMortimer - have you ever considered changing your username on here to Glass Totally Empty?
  • Options
    come on ali that's the most optimistic post i've ever written !! as if we'll finish 7th!!
  • Options
    They'll send us down on the last day next season. Saw it here first.
  • Options
    I could write that. I've written much weirder stuff. To celebrities and the like.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]I could write that. I've written much weirder stuff. To celebrities and the like.

letters
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It seems that sky sports have decided not to show any of the relegation games on the last day, instead going for Reading vs Brum and Palace vs Sheff Utd.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    '
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]'

Fair point Oggy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]It seems that sky sports have decided not to show any of the relegation games on the last day, instead going for Reading vs Brum and Palace vs Sheff Utd.

Can you blame them?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]'

Fair point Oggy.

lolololol, Dave Mehmet!