Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bailey named player of the year / Jonjo Young Player

edited April 2009 in General Charlton
http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=34186

Comments

• Options
    1. Bailey
    2. Elliott
    3. Hudson

Young Player - Jonjo.

Congrats all, particularly Jonjo as so many of our site members sponsored him this season.
  • Options
    Bailey and Jonjo? There's a shock. Well done both of them.
  • Options
    Says a lot that someone who makes a glaring mistake almost every game came third
  • Options
    ''Jonathan Fortune, Svetoslav Todorov and Matt Spring were all handed 'Palace medals' for scoring winning goals against Charlton's bitter rivals from Selhurst Park over the last few years''

Random.
  • Options
    "I've got a big smile on my face - it shows that people think I've done well this season even though the team were relegated. Hopefully I'll keep playing how I have been when I pull on the Charlton shirt and try and get this club to back where it belongs."

Good :)
  • Options
    Random ?

A bit pathetic if you ask me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]''Jonathan Fortune, Svetoslav Todorov and Matt Spring were all handed 'Palace medals' for scoring winning goals against Charlton's bitter rivals from Selhurst Park over the last few years''

Random.
    Embarrassing.
  • Options
    Pretty much what was expected, as others have said Hudson is nowhere near as solid as some fans obviously think he is.

Bailey had a bad run of form but picked it up and then started scoring regularly. Makes mistakes but so has every other player.

Pleased for Elliot and Shelvey.
  • Options
    I hope they are not expensive medals.

My son has got loads from his junior school days they could have had. Used to give em out like confetti.

I guess someone thought it might cheer everybody up a bit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: wwaddickson[/cite]Says a lot that someone who makes a glaring mistake almost every game came third
    Not to mention a similar trait in the guy who came 1st.

Should have gone to the fans or Seth's goat
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Not to mention a similar trait in the guy who came 1st.

Was thinking along those lines, didn't say it though. I think playing out wide has helped him, can get away with mistakes a bit more and has stopped him from trying to run the game himself.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: wwaddickson[/cite]Says a lot that someone who makes a glaring mistake almost every game came third
    Not to mention a similar trait in the guy who came 1st.

Should have gone to the fans or Seth's goat

I nearly posted that. For all his blood and guts stuff I am not sure hes as good as he is made out its just that everybody else has been piss poor (Shelvey/Racon and Elliott excluded IMHO). Appreciate the goals his scored but hes given a fair few away over the year as well.
  • Options
    So who won Charlton manager of the year ?

Probably Super Al , for being victorious in three of our first six matches. With a special Palace medal for Super Phil, of course !!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]''Jonathan Fortune, Svetoslav Todorov and Matt Spring were all handed 'Palace medals' for scoring winning goals against Charlton's bitter rivals from Selhurst Park over the last few years''

Random.[/quote]
    Embarrassing.[/quote]

gringe worthy TBH
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JakeCAFC_94[/cite]"I've got a big smile on my face - it shows that people think I've done well this season even though the team were relegated. Hopefully I'll keep playing how I have been when I pull on the Charlton shirt and try and get this club to back where it belongs."

Perhaps he might stay?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]''Jonathan Fortune, Svetoslav Todorov and Matt Spring were all handed 'Palace medals' for scoring winning goals against Charlton's bitter rivals from Selhurst Park over the last few years''

Random.
    Embarrassing.

gringe worthy TBH

Infantile and totally stupid
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Crazy[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JakeCAFC_94[/cite]"I've got a big smile on my face - it shows that people think I've done well this season even though the team were relegated. Hopefully I'll keep playing how I have been when I pull on the Charlton shirt and try and get this club to back where it belongs."

Perhaps he might stay?

I get the feeling with Bailey we can't be sure he will stay until the transfer window has shut. We could get a bid for him near the end of August, if he wants to go and we reject it I don't think he'd be too happy.

We'll see though, I'd like to think he'd give us a year to get back up after giving him his chance in the Championship.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]''Jonathan Fortune, Svetoslav Todorov and Matt Spring were all handed 'Palace medals' for scoring winning goals against Charlton's bitter rivals from Selhurst Park over the last few years''

Random.[/quote]
    Embarrassing.[/quote]

gringe worthy TBH[/quote]

Infantile and totally stupid[/quote]

WTF. That is seriously pathetic.
  • Options
    to anyone who went. Did Steve Bailey stick it on 'em in his speech ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]

Random.
    Embarrassing.

gringe worthy TBH

Infantile and totally stupid

WTF. That is seriously pathetic.

hmm it is strange and stupid!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]

Random.
    Embarrassing.

gringe worthy TBH[/quote]

Infantile and totally stupid[/quote]

WTF. That is seriously pathetic.[/quote]

hmm it is strange and stupid![/quote]

What can I say that hasn't already been said
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]''Jonathan Fortune, Svetoslav Todorov and Matt Spring were all handed 'Palace medals' for scoring winning goals against Charlton's bitter rivals from Selhurst Park over the last few years''

Random.[/quote]

fcuking embarrassing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Good god - who came up with that genius of an idea.

Whoever it was, they couldnt have consulted anyone else.
  • Options
    That is the sort of thing that you would normally see on a fans website.
    'and matty Spring picked up the Palace medal in his debut season with the club etc etc'
    Not something you should actually receive fromt he club.

What next - Palace giving gongs to 'Agents Dowie,Pardew,Hudson etc etc'

Embarrassed.
  • Options
    Chaps, are we talking about the Palace thing or Hudson finishing third.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]That is the sort of thing that you would normally see on a fans website.
    'and matty Spring picked up the Palace medal in his debut season with the club etc etc'

Embarrassed.

It was from the Supporters' Club not from the Football club
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Chaps, are we talking about the Palace thing or Hudson finishing third.

The palace medals
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]to anyone who went. Did Steve Bailey stick it on 'em in his speech ?

Yeah, would like to hear what he said
  • Options
    fortunes goal was not a winning goal, perhaps it was for rommedahl, but we couldnt afford to fly him over!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]That is the sort of thing that you would normally see on a fans website.

Embarrassed.

It was from the Supporters' Club not from the Football club
    Thank god for that!

I wonder if anyone is going to use this as an excuse for not renewing next season. ;-)