Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PFA Championship team of the Year

Keiren Westwood (Coventry), Kyle Naughton (Sheff Utd), Roger Johnson (Cardiff), Richard Stearman (Wolves), Daniel Fox (Coventry), Michael Kightly (Wolves), Stephen Hunt (Reading), Joe Ledley (Cardiff), Jordi Gomez (Swansea, on loan from RCD Espanyol), Sylvan Ebanks-Blake (Wolves), Jason Scotland (Swansea).

Unsurprisingly no Charlton players.

Any other comments or suggestions for players.

Comments

• Options
    Considering Doncaster played the best football at the Valley this season, surprised to see none of the squad recognised.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]Considering Doncaster played the best football at the Valley this season, surprised to see none of the squad recognised.

I thought that too.

I have just checked on the top scorers in the Champ and of course Ebanks-Blake and Scotland head that list. But of the top 15 scorers 6 come from what I would have determined as relegation candidates with Bailey at 11th. Its been a dire season all round.

Ebanks-Blake Wolverhampton 25
    McCormack Cardiff 21
    Scotland Swansea 21
    Doyle Reading 18
    Smith Watford 17
    Hulse Derby 15
    Iwelumo Wolverhampton 14
    Tudgay Sheff Wed 14
    Blackstock Nottm Forest 13
    Gallagher Plymouth 13
    Phillips Birmingham 13
    Bailey Charlton 12
    Bothroyd Cardiff 12
    Gomez Swansea 12
    McGoldrick Southampton 12
  • Options
    what about the PFA young team of the year?
  • Options
    To be honest I am surprised to see two Coventry players in the team!
  • Options
    can't believe Coventrys keeper got in there.
  • Options
    Fox scored some spectacular free kicks (including against us) so that may have caught the eye.
  • Options
    Covs keeper couldnt kick straight for toffee, must be somthing in the water up there Dean Kiley.... Not sure a loan player from spain should get in there.
  • Options
    Iwelumo and Bothroyd , both of whom would have done for us in this season. Lisbie too maybe.
  • Options
    Glad Roger Johnson got in after that Palace scummer put him in hospital. Their defence certainly seems to have fallent to bits in the three games since then.