Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonjo

edited April 2009 in General Charlton
Charlton have slapped a £3m price tag on teenage midfielder Jonjo Shelvey's head, with a number of Premier League clubs eyeing up a summer move. (The Sun)

I am not saying Jonjo's current market value is in excess of that but the huge disappointment of him leaving would only be exacerbated by such a price - less than Varney+McLeod.

www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sports-news/Club-back-in-for-30m.5207604.jp

Comments

• Options
    One of the top 4 clubs in PL is very interested by all accounts from my reliable source.
  • Options
    Arsenal would be guess.
  • Options
    If it is the gunners interested... he could go for a song
  • Options
    Liverpool my guess but he'll only ever play for us or West ham Nailed on FACT kind of!
  • Options
    Would like to think we could get more than that, maybe not worth more now, but potentially he is.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]Arsenal would be guess.

ok make that top 3 then LOL
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    The Papers can, and do, pluck numbers and "facts" out of the air.

They may have a source but that could be an agent or selling club trying to increase the price or generate more interest. Or it could be a buying club trying to bring the price down or unsettle a player (yes, Spurs that's you).

£3m plus sell on and future appearance fees plus a year's loan back at the Valley doesn't sound too tatty IMHO
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite] for us or West ham Nailed on FACT kind of!

behave
  • Options
    Probably a deal of mischief making by the press. £3M sounds a tad low and I am sure that more than one club would like him in their squad next season.

Idealy keep, but if we nd up with a bidding war taking place, I am hopefull we will get more than that. The clun should resist any offers under 5 million.
  • Options
    the bidding starts at £3m so it could be anything above that!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He would be very foolish to join the top 4 at this stage of his career. West Ham would be the best bet.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]the bidding starts at £3m so it could be anything above that!

FACT? : - )
  • Options
    come on henry you know that's all i deal in ;-)
  • Options
    Release fee?
  • Options
    Go For 3-5 million then a season long loan back to us for next term to really toughen him up..
  • Options
    don't you love the sun - thay have put a bit about our game as £5million rated yet say we have put a £3million price tag we should notch that up to 5 just for the hell of it!
  • Options
    Is the £3 mill release fee written into his contract, perhaps .... ?

:o(
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I was going to post what the ever-perceptive Oggy just said.

We had an entire thread speculating about his vaulation and the release figure in his contract. I don't believe The Sun has plucked a fgure out of the air . They've used the contract release figure, as Oggy suggests.

At the moment with - what,a dozen starts under his belt? - Shelvey's value is obviously all about potential, not achievement. So 3m plus apearance/sell-on clauses would represent a brilliant piece of business not just for CAFC but any div three side.

If there was a season long loan-back clause, then it's not just brilliant business but encrusted with diamonds.
  • Options
    Serious interest from West Ham is what I am hearing.

As for a loan I would assume that if a Prem club does pay over 1.5 Million, and were prepared to loan him out then they would be looking for a loan in the Championship.

I would expect CAFC to keep him at this stage as he is probably one of your lowest paid members of the first team squad and one you can afford to keep.
  • Options
    Chelsea were scouting him at Southampton

The alledged interest from West ham is a rumour started by Uncle!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fulham & Spurs in the rumour mill too. I can't help thinking that if Jonjo was being touted for £3m by the club that would be very poor business sense? If it's true then I'd like to play poker against those guys!
  • Options
    If someone offers £3m he'll be off like a shot...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]Serious interest from West Ham is what I am hearing.

As for a loan I would assume that if a Prem club does pay over 1.5 Million, and were prepared to loan him out then they would be looking for a loan in the Championship.

I would expect CAFC to keep him at this stage as he is probably one of your lowest paid members of the first team squad and one you can afford to keep.

More like one we can't afford to let go. I just love watching him, would be devastated if he didn't stay with us for a while.
  • Options
    If the board are seen to be cashing in on a player like Jonjo then there'll be even fewer ST renewals for next year.
  • Options
    Bump

As i like BFR's point!
  • Options
    so best the board wait till deadline day to sell our best player.... that'll never happen!!
  • Options
    and another!
  • Options
    Fulham and Spurs in tonights papers.........
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Maglor[/cite]Chelsea were scouting him at Southampton

The alledged interest from West ham is a rumour started by Uncle!![/quote]

Do you want to show me where i started this romour before you start shouting your mouth off. Those of you on this site that know me know that i dont do rumours obviously Maglor you are not one of the people that do know me and i'm happy for it to stay that way. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE THROWING MY NAME ABOUT