Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conservatory Blinds - zzzzz

edited April 2009 in Not Sports Related
This will probably win a prize for most boring thread of the year, but has anybody bought conservatory blinds and able to give any recommendations or advice ? Would like to shop local if possible , but on internet everything seems so expensive

Comments

• Options
    It will be unfortunately Kimbo. Looked up the bods who did mine on the web....they are now not trading. Surprised as they walked away with one of my arms and a leg as well ! Now Amtico flooring theres a feckin wallet wrecker.....
  • Options
    London Blind company in Bexleyheath, Long Lane?

Don't expect it to be cheap though.
  • Options
    Amity Blinds
    www.amity.uk.com

Solar House
    Church Hill
    Orpington,
    BR6 0HE
    01689 878418
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]London Blind company in Bexleyheath, Long Lane?

Don't expect it to be cheap though.

Don't go there...mucked us around. We ended going to Tudor Blinds in Charlton Village. Excellent. Cheaper than LBC and a better service.
  • Options
    Really useful thanks we were going to London Blind Company on Saturday, did not realise Tudor Blinds did conservatory blinds, will also check out amity
    Thanks
    Kim
  • Options
    I'm assuming that they do Conservatory Blinds as well but Elaine Decor in Sidcup provided ours for the front room and bedroom. No fancy Website I'm afraid but friendly and very reasonbaly priced imho.

Tel no. 020 8300 0474 and you'll have to ring them to make an appointment because I get the impression the the shop isn't open when they're out on site.
  • Options
    I would say save your money. When we asked the same question to friends/relatives a few years back they all said they had blinds but they remained permenantly up.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]I would say save your money. When we asked the same question to friends/relatives a few years back they all said they had blinds but they remained permenantly up.[/quote]

snap, I had a conservatory in my old house and the blinds always stayed up (gathering dust), unless your garden is overlooked and you use the conservatory at night then I wouldn't bother.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]I would say save your money. When we asked the same question to friends/relatives a few years back they all said they had blinds but they remained permenantly up.

snap, I had a conservatory in my old house and the blinds always stayed up (gathering dust), unless your garden is overlooked and you use the conservatory at night then I wouldn't bother.

I wouldn't totally agree as it depends why you need them. In our case we're going to be getting them soon because we have a TV and a computer in the conservatory and it is incredibly difficult to see the screens when the sun is shining!
  • Options
    edited April 2009