Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dele Adebola

edited April 2009 in General Charlton
Available on a free and was still scoring this season. Thought he caused us a fair few problems

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bristol_city/8020135.stm

Comments

• Options
    saw that too, would be like acquiring a better burton in my view!he's not prolific, averages about 1 in 4 in the championship, but would be a good holding/target man
  • Options
    Quick let's get burton off to them and we sign Adebola on a free we both win kind of!
  • Options
    I would imagine his wages might be quite high
  • Options
    a poor man's Iwelumo and nigh on everybody slated him
  • Options
    in the Championship I'd say no, in League 1 it's a maybe.
  • Options
    I never slated Iwelumo once again true pro head never dropped put in 100% but was only effective played with a good midfielder.....
    oh Hi Jonjo, Racon, Bailey and Zizi.

if only we had kept the side together.

Elliott
    Yassin---McCart---Fortu---Youga
    ----Sam---Racon---Zheng---Bailey
    JonJo
    Iwelumo

Subs:
    Randolph
    Solly
    Holland
    Dickson
    Varney

I would have been happy with that!
  • Options
    He's not got young legs though.

34 years old in June.
  • Options
    Most teams up the top of league one have a target man. We don't. So we will need to find one that's cheap and I think he'd do a job.
  • Options
    I'd take Del Trotter at this stage!
  • Options
    I doubt we could afford Adebola
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]I doubt we could afford Adebola

in what respect ? He's on a free, Brizzle City have only offered a year so perhaps he's after two on less money but more stability, who knows.
  • Options
    i'd take him over kandol or burton.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charlton_carl[/cite]i'd take him over kandol or burton.

Agree with that!
  • Options

But not over McLeod/Fleetwood? ;-)
  • Options
    Two hopes........Bob Hope and no hope.

Forest would be the likely destination as he being chased by them in the January window as well as they can now offer him championship football next season.

I wouldnt get to excited with the callibure of players we are going to be signing next season, there will be alot of fact finding on a player when we sign them, or alot of ageing journymen
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Two hopes........Bob Hope and no hope.

Forest would be the likely destination as he being chased by them in the January window as well as they can now offer him championship football next season.

I wouldnt get to excited with the callibure of players we are going to be signing next season, there will be alot of fact finding on a player when we sign them, or alot of ageing journymen[/quote]

Spot on
  • Options
    Can imagine Parkinson is aware of this, he wants a striker like Iwelumo, especially if he can't sign Kandol.

Though if Parkinson goes another manager might have completely different ideas on the sort of strikers we need.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]

Though if Parkinson goes another manager might have completely different ideas on the sort of strikers we need.

Like ones which can score? ;-)
  • Options
    lets just wait and see what happens after the norwich game, if parky stays then expect Kandol to be signed, hopefully a new manager may try to raise the bar slighty, and if a take over goes through and leeds are not promoted we could go in for Beckford who is the nuts.. Dele is a good old pro who scores goals ala Barry Hales, Furlong etc.. will need experiance as much as youth next term as we will not have seen football played as it is down there for some time...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Two hopes........Bob Hope and no hope.

They're both dead
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]

But not over McLeod/Fleetwood? ;-)

McLeod I am hoping will be able to do a job in tier 3, he was doing ok at Millwall before his hissy fit, Fleetwood am not sure about. Anyone know when Grey will be fit? We may have him till January by default
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]lets just wait and see what happens after the norwich game, if parky stays then expect Kandol to be signed, hopefully a new manager may try to raise the bar slighty, and if a take over goes through and leeds are not promoted we could go in for Beckford who is the nuts.. Dele is a good old pro who scores goals ala Barry Hales, Furlong etc.. will need experiance as much as youth next term as we will not have seen football played as it is down there for some time...

Why would beckford leave leeds for us?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]Why would beckford leave leeds for us?

Aparently acording to Parky, were a big club and still would be an attraction..... hes been there a few seasons now, no one has taken a punt on him.. we despite how poor we are will be bookies favs with norwich and yes even southampton so the bright lights of London town and all that.. and if as i said the take over went through we could double his wages..
  • Options
    Dele Adebola, sounds like a virus, was certainly a handfull and he has a lot of experience, having been around for years,but is this one season too far? I fear that aging journeymen, of which we seem to have a lot of experience of, have not all performed well.

How many other strikers do we have, many who have performed well at league 2 level?

Andy Gray, long injury lay off, how long before he finds fitness and form.
    Dickson, great at Gillingham, has shown glimpses of potential though, like other current strikers, not prolific.
    Macleaod, as mentioned, lively though prone to hissy fits at Millwall
    Fleetwood, fairly regular at Exeter.
    Todorov, will he ever play again?
    Kandol, Parky seems keen, probably not a good endorsement, though played well in partnership with Dickson.

I actually wonder who of the above will be with us, if we acquire another striker?
  • Options
    Great shout, but surely a CCC team would take him. He is one player that is almost 100% designed for lower league football. Exactly what we've needed all this season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite] will need experiance as much as youth next term as we will not have seen football played as it is down there for some time...

Not sure on that, the two teams i've been very impressed with have been Donny and Swansea, played some of the best football I've seen this year and they came up from league one last year.
  • Options
    This is a dead rubber not even worth talking about.

Plus he's absolute pony - let's sign players worthy of our shirt.
  • Options
    for millwall izale has had 6 starts 2 sub appearances 2 goals ( both in same game, one of which was a penalty, the other he needed 3 strikes at to finish) so he still hasn't set the world on fire since our brilliant coaching set up turned him into a non scoring striker ... b4 he joined us with mk dons(in 4th tier) his last season was 38 starts 2 subs and 24 goals... so maybe he'll come good if we go down again;=(
  • Options
    One of the worst players to grace a Birmingham shirt, and there have been a few....... my Birmingham City mate
  • Options
    He played for Palace, so bound to be as good as Hudson and Butters