Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Woman calls for self tanning studios to be banned

edited May 2009 in Not Sports Related
After her 10 yr old daughter ended up with burns to 70 % of her body after spending 16 minutes on a sun bed.

Call me cyncal, and I do feel out of order saying it, but WTF is this woman letting her 10 yr old daughter do this BAFFLES the hell out of me.

The mind boggles.

Comments

• Options
    DA9DA9
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]After her 10 yr old daughter ended up with burns to 70 % of her body after spending 16 minutes on a sun bed.

Call me cyncal, and I do feel out of order saying it, but WTF is this woman letting her 10 yr old daughter do this BAFFLES the hell out of me.

The mind boggles.

Exactly, stupid bint should be charged with child abuse.
  • Options
    I only do 6 tops
  • Options
    Have to say, that was exactly the first thought that came into my mind.
  • Options
    Stupid woman and stupid craze imho
  • Options
    Likewise Ledge, If there good for you or not is one thing, but a ten year old?........................ just my opinion, as I relax back in the garden with a cold beer :)
  • Options
    edited May 2009
  • Options
    To be honest that was my first thought, but she didn't let her do this, she let her go to a funfair with an older cousin. The funfair was closed and they decided to go into town instead. I find it hard to understand how it is possible to allow companies to operate these salon's with no supervision when so many harmless activities are not allowed in this nanny state.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: w/sladeaddick[/cite]To be honest that was my first thought, but she didn't let her do this, she let her go to a funfair with an older cousin. The funfair was closed and they decided to go into town instead. I find it hard to understand how it is possible to allow companies to operate these salon's with no supervision when so many harmless activities are not allowed in this nanny state.

Fair point. I take back what I said about the mother.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    they should be banned full stop. no need for people to tan themselves on a machine like that.
    so many moisturising sp/uv safe products out there that are cheaper and safer to use.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Wales... gota love them..

bet the mum has never used one..

article-0-04C5F9BE000005DC-319_468x305.jpg
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simon Jordan has .....
  • Options
    goggle marks anyone.. puff

image.php?id=512771&type=full
  • Options
    She only wanted to look as tartrazine-tastic as her tangerine-mongous mum!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]they should be banned full stop. no need for people to tan themselves on a machine like that.
    so many moisturising sp/uv safe products out there that are cheaper and safer to use.
    If people want to cook themselves on UV lamps, it's their business. By all means discourage it, but I can see no reason to ban it.

It is handy to be able to spot idiots before engaging with them. If you demanded that they had to wear dunces' hats there'd be outrage. Letting themselves scorch themselves orange not only makes them easy to spot it shortens their life expectancy thus making them less of a long term burden.
  • Options
    It would make sense to me that these machines are modified slightly to render the user infertile, thus ensuring that gradually these half-wits will become extinct.
  • Options
    That would mean no more Simon Jordans, sadly ...........

Then who would negotiate with the Administrators at Palace next year ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IdleHans[/cite]It would make sense to me that these machines are modified slightly to render the user infertile, thus ensuring that gradually these half-wits will become extinct.

Brilliant idea Idle. I'm going to pinch that one and claim it for myself.