Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Message to England Cricket Selectors

So you have persuaded Collingwood to accept the T20 captaincy.
Since it is patently obvious that you have no intention of selecting Robert Key for any role with England, would you kindly stop picking him for the England "Lions" or B team or whatever other poxy name you give it and let him play for the organisation that pays his wages.
And while you're about it, kindly fuck off.

Comments

• Options
    Thought I heard just now on the news (LBC), that he's been selected for the 1 day or twenty/twenty squad....though I might have been mistaken.
  • Options
    The 15-strong squad includes uncapped Graham Napier and Eoin Morgan and there are recalls for Kent skipper Rob Key and Essex keeper James Foster.
  • Options
    Sorry chaps.
    SINK!!!!
  • Options
    wot about joe denly ,the selectors need to pick good youngsters like him.
  • Options
    A great win for Kent today - following on against Essex and then winning by 192 runs.

England Lions also beat thr West Indies convincingly - by 10 wickets.

On balance I think Collingwood a better choice to captain the England T/20 team, the captain needs to have some experience of playing internationally and Key doesn't really have that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]A great win for Kent today - following on against Essex and then winning by 192 runs.

England Lions also beat thr West Indies convincingly - by 10 wickets.

On balance I think Collingwood a better choice to captain the England T/20 team, the captain needs to have some experience of playing internationally and Key doesn't really have that.

Great win indeed.
    Don't agree with you about Collingwood (gaffe prone and, more's the point, a boring little twerp). More importantly, I can't see the point of having Key in the squad if he isn't going to captain the side. He's on a hiding to nothing as a batsman only as there's a lot of competition to open (Denly's a better long-term bet, though I would play both of them) and Key's bound to be criticsied for his ample physique in the field. What is the point of having the best T20 tactician in England being hidden in the field? He'll play a couple of times and then be written off for good as not being good enough to command a place in the side on merit.
  • Options
    A great win for Kent today - following on against Essex and then winning by 192 runs.

A world record for winning a match after following on.
  • Options
    Kent won again today against Middlesex in the Friends provedient match report here:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/counties/8024924.stm
  • Options
    Just back from Southgate seeing Kent thrash Middx - and was at Chelmsford for the historc fightback v Essex on Fri and Sat. There's a real spirit and never-say-die attitude in this Kent side. Promotion straight back to div one is coming - Kent are going to make up for all the winter's disappointments of being a Charlton supporter, believe me!

Re the England 20-20 team, I think it would have been difficult for Rob to come in as captain from totally outside the recent England set-up. But I suspect Collingwood will not make a bowling change or even an alteration in the field without consulting him, as Rob is by far the most imaginative and intelligent 20-20 captain in the land (two domestic 20-20 finals in the last two years) and Collingwood has barely played this form of cricket, which tactically is radically different even from the 50 over form.

How long before we have 20-20 football, I wonder? Ten minutes each way and you could have an 8 team 'super cup' at Wembley in which after seven 20 minute matches you'd emerge with a winner in a single day's entertainment. Of course, you'd have to do something to make goal scoring easier and prevent a plethora of nil-nils, akin to fielding restrictions or power plays in 20-20 cricket. But that shouldn't be an insurmountable problem.

I'm not joking. Why not? We now have different forms of cricket that last from five days down to two and a half hours. Yet (and I'm ignoring five-a-side) we really only have one form of football ...

Do you think I could sell the idea to the FA for , say, ten million? You're all witnesses to the fact that I thought of it first!
  • Options
    Can I be your agent Nig ?

Another win for the SuperKent boys yesterday (albeit against Scotland).