Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ricky Hatton

Is anyone planning on watching the fight this weekend?

How do you see the fight going?

Comments

• Options
    Yes
    ManPak to win a close one. Points or late stoppage.
  • Options
    Weigh in was a good watch/build up.

25k English in Las Vegas according to immigration control.

Just stuck a ton on Ricky 9/5.
  • Options
    Hatton on points
  • Options
    If it goes to points Pacman will win, I cannot see in a month of Sundays Ricky Hatton landing more clean shots than a lightening quick southpaw could.

I really fancy Hatton to stop him, I'm massivley biased in that but I honestly think Hatton will be a bit too tough for Manny especially as the fight ages. Manny Pacquiao is a very slick and incredibly fast operator and if he does what I expect him to (in score out, dance) then I can't see anything other than a points win for Pacquiao. But and it is a big BUT he gives in to instinct and tries to trade with Hatton I think Hatton will flatten him.
  • Options
    Anyone else up early/up late for this?
  • Options
    Pacman did a job on him good and proper
  • Options
    Madre de DIOS. What a pasting.
  • Options
    Woops at least I can go back to bed man against boy I'm afraid
  • Options
    Never learnt a thing from last defeat
    That must be it for hatton one of the
    Great British fighters but enough now
    Some great nights to remember
  • Options
    Huge
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gone
  • Options
    3 things

Firstly the wrost kept secret in boxing, Mayweather v Marquez will now go ahead with the promise of a truly exciting bout for Pacman & Mayweather

Secondly what a thumpingly good and completely convincing KO

Thirdly who honestly believes Mayweather has quicker hands than Manny. Heartbroken for Hatton, but it should not be the end of his career he has a lot more entertainment in him. Before anyone digs him out. He never ducked anybody
  • Options
    Ricky's got nothing left to prove now. I hope he retires and concentrates on being the true family man that he is. Great bloke and I've been in Vegas with him a couple of times - nothing left for him out there now.
  • Options
    As Bianca in Eastenders would say "Rickeeeeeeeeeee", as he hit the floor.
  • Options
    I'm not suprised about the Hatton result.He was being trained by a complete bum who has only got work on the back of his sons name and Hatton's only motivation for this fight was the pay day it brought.
    Now he's got a couple of nasty blots on his CV and will never be seen as a true great,but at least he can retire with a few quid in his pocket.
  • Options
    What's Dowie doing ringside?
  • Options
    Looked to me, like Hatton got caught up in the hype again.

That was clearly not the game plan given to him.

He just kept charging forward with his hands low, he is lucky he wasn't seriously hurt. The stats were saying Manny landed something like 75 power punches in the 5mins 59 secs the fight lasted.

I love Ricky as a fighter but I have to admit he looks a bit out of his depth at "elite" level.

I don't think he will retire as he won't want to go out on that note. However, he will struggle to be the same fighter after such a pasting.

One good thing to come out of it.....potential Mayweather vs Manny.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]What's Dowie doing ringside?

As a punchbag for Pacman over the years, he gets to watch for free. ;-0)
  • Options
    Not sure where there is left for Hatton to go now - any thoughts of a rematch with either Mayweather or Pacquiao must be very fanciful, and even if he did carry on his next couple of fights would need to be confidence boosters that Sky would surely struggle to sell as Box Office events.

Just glad that he is OK, as he certainly didn't look too good after the knockout.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I really fancy Hatton to stop him, I'm massivley biased in that but I honestly think Hatton will be a bit too tough for Manny

D'oh!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]Just stuck a ton on Ricky 9/5.
    D'oh!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Now he's got a couple of nasty blots on his CV and will never be seen as a true great,but at least he can retire with a few quid in his pocket.

Yeah right... better he had ducked the better fighters to keep his gleaming CV in tact than actually meet all challenges.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Now he's got a couple of nasty blots on his CV and will never be seen as a true great,but at least he can retire with a few quid in his pocket.[/quote]

Yeah right... better he had ducked the better fighters to keep his gleaming CV in tact than actually meet all challenges.[/quote]

Course he will be remembered as an all time great. So what if he got destroyed in his last ever fight dosen't make any difference. Anyway Ali lost his last two fights, and lets face it no matter how you look at Tyson he still goes down as one of the greatest of all time, its the same with Hatton. He had 10 years of utter domination and 43 straight wins and for that reason will be remembered IMO as one of the greatest pound for pound British if not world fighters ever.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: SE7[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Now he's got a couple of nasty blots on his CV and will never be seen as a true great,but at least he can retire with a few quid in his pocket.

Yeah right... better he had ducked the better fighters to keep his gleaming CV in tact than actually meet all challenges.

Course he will be remembered as an all time great. So what if he got destroyed in his last ever fight dosen't make any difference. Anyway Ali lost his last two fights, and lets face it no matter how you look at Tyson he still goes down as one of the greatest of all time, its the same with Hatton. He had 10 years of utter domination and 43 straight wins and for that reason will be remembered IMO as one of the greatest pound for pound British if not world fighters ever.

Correct SE7...can't get my head round one or two posters on here who on the face of it seem genuinely pleased he lost and secondly to have some degree of pleasure in slagging the bloke off....the guy was superb and definately can leave the ring (as I now hope he will) with head held high....Thanks for all the great times Ricky and good luck to you in whatever you now choose to do...you've been a credit to the boxing game and given some truly memorable moments for all us British fight fans.
  • Options
    Not just losing but the manner of the quick defeat will really dent Hatton's confidence and could damage him psychologically. I think he should retire but I would like him to have one last fight in his home town to say goodbye to his fans and at least go out on a high. However, I don't think he'll be able to attract any sort of calibre of fighter after that performance. He's a true British great, a real brawler.
  • Options
    For clarity's sake, my comment was sarcastic and in support of Hatton's determination to fight the best.
  • Options
    Hatton was a real diamond, he beat a truly great fighter in Kostya Tzu with an unbelievable performance and then lost to two exceptional fighters in Mayweather and Pacman - no shame in that at all.

He'll be far better remembered than these dickheads like Anthony Mundine (from here in Oz) who keeps a near gleaming record by staying away from anyone who might hit him back.

Fight fans love fighters and Hatton was a fighter to his very core and will be loved by UK fight fans forever - that's not a bad legacy to have.

He should retire now though, he has nothing to prove to anybody.
  • Options
    If he was to fight someone back in Manchester for one last big night I think no one would hold that against him but who do you fight? A patsy? I would not blame him if he did hang the gloves up though.

That will have knocked his confidence for six too.

2 losses against two of the best boxers to have set foot in a ring holds no shame at all.

If everyone retired after a heavy knockout boxing would not exist.
  • Options
    There aren't that many British boxers who have been a world champion and Hatton deserves to be remembered as one.

Financially he doesn't need to fight again and should focus on the promotion side of the business from now on. As a boxer he has nothing left to prove and much to lose.