Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Car Insurance

edited May 2009 in Not Sports Related
Anybody used comparison web sites. Just used Confused blimey what an eye opener!
Tesco quote in post went up £50 on last year my present insurer, Elephant with enhanced package (eg guaranteed NCD) an astonishing £250 cheaper, no brainer really unless anyone knows of poor experiences with Elephant?

Comments

• Options
    use Tesco's comparison website - saved £1000 this year by doing that!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]use Tesco's comparison website - saved £1000 this year by doing that!

Feck me Dazzler, what do you drive a Ferrari. ;)
  • Options
    I saved £300 on bldngs & contents insurance via confused.com.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]use Tesco's comparison website - saved £1000 this year by doing that!

lol I wish!

I went from a Peugeot 106 1.1 to a FIAT punto Active 1.2 - was expecting a price hike from Kwikfit (my insurer when i received a letter stating it'd be £1547 £100 more than the last year!

Did a tesco compare quote and hey presto came up as £530 something

rang kwikfit gave them those details and Bam done.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]

lol I wish!

I went from a Peugeot 106 1.1 to a FIAT punto Active 1.2 - was expecting a price hike from Kwikfit (my insurer when i received a letter stating it'd be £1547 £100 more than the last year!

£1547, its hardly surprising there are so many uninsured drivers about unless you get a free car for that 1500 quid, my insurance was £350 so there are advantages to being old ;)
  • Options
    lol
    as you can tell by my cars - I am only 20 so expected maybe £750
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]

lol I wish!

£1547, its hardly surprising there are so many uninsured drivers about unless you get a free car for that 1500 quid, my insurance was £350 so there are advantages to being old ;)

Average fine for driving without insurance ....................... £200
    So if you don't insure, and.. this is the big'un, don't have an accident. You're quids in.
    Even if caught by the Police for 'driving without insurance'
    You couldn't make it up!
  • Options
    I used confused.com but moneysupermarket.com is also very good and has a lot of useful stuff on there regarding loans, savings, ISAs etc.
  • Options
    Insurance companies rely on people not looking for another quote in the second year. Almost always certain to save on the continuing quote.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BrentfordAddick[/cite]Insurance companies rely on people not looking for another quote in the second year. Almost always certain to save on the continuing quote.

This is the reason I change my insurance virtually every year, bit of a pain but normally worth it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    btw.

I hope you tell your insurers when you get a speeding ticket like you ought to.
  • Options
    Might be stating the obvious but two other factors that come into the insurance companies reckoning are home postcode and job/profession. March Jnr. found this out the hard way wen he told them he worked in the media. E-Sure even refused to insure him despite him being over 25 with a good record. When he moved out he found his new postcode also upped the premium even though it's only 3 miles from our place. So now he's a librarian still living at home!