Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Saints have two more days

It now appears that Southampton have two days to find a new buyer or they will be relegated to the confrence in which would then mean that Chester get reinstated, couldnt happen to a nicer bunch

Comments

• Options
    jeez, that's a heavy blow.

Not a fan of southampton but feel sorry for their fans.
  • Options
    There will be a buyer i'm sure.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Surely not all of them ?
  • Options
    Cannot see a club as big as they are not finding a buyer. Isn't Matt Le Tissier leading a consortium trying to buy the club? I'm sure they'll be ok.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]Surely not all of them ?

hell no!

would even feel sorry for one or two Millwall fans if they went bust. Only one or two though!
  • Options
    Can only feel sorry for them if it's true, where did the info come from Wiwalb?
  • Options
    Without knowing all the facts or even League regulations, that seems an incredibly heavy handed approach by the League.

I bet Southampton wish they could be treated the same way as West Ham.
  • Options
    Two sources, one of which is a saints fan the second a Torquay fan, the second said that they need to go up this season or it i will be hard next season, when i asked why he told me, the saints fan then confirmed it, as he was telling me i was trying stop myself laughing,
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    They have their share of idiots and for those who attacked the Lib club and the coaches at the last game I will be delighted if they go under.

For the vast majority it would be very sad.

There would also be a knock on effect to other clubs with banks and businesses cutting credit and that could make life harder for CAFC and force other clubs into admin.

On no evidence just gut feeling I think they will be bought but the league will hammer them for not coming out of Admin correctly.
  • Options
    Through my work and the company HQ in Winchester, I know and regularly talk to a number of Stains fans.
    I've quite enjoyed our rivalry with them, as we've often had the edge in results.

But their fans that I know, are just ordinary lads and a couple of women, many family people who take their kids, and have followed their local team since their Dads and Uncles first took them to The Dell.

In fact, they are just the same as the core of decent football fans in this country, regardless of club they support.
    Just like you and me.

This could happen to just about any football club in the country (except West Ham, of course).
    It could happen to us.

If it happens to Southampton, then I really feel for their supporters.
    There but for fortune .......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/jeremywilson/blog/2009/05/05/southampton_saga_also_places_football_league_under_the_spotlight
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]It now appears that Southampton have two days to find a new buyer or they will be relegated to the confrence in which would then mean that Chester get reinstated, couldnt happen to a nicer bunch

Presume they're in The Conference now then.
  • Options
    LIES~!
  • Options
    That is dreadful news. I really hope things turn out aright for them.
  • Options
    Hope they find a buyer.

Wouldn't wish this on fans of any club - and I mean that.
  • Options
    I shudder when I think of what I went through in the eighties when we nearly went under. Hope for their fans sake they pull through.
  • Options
    Latest is that there are at least two consortia trying to purchase them. One of them is fronted by Matt Le Tissier.
  • Options
    I thought his nose fronted him !

coat..........
  • Options
    Dont find a buyer!
  • Options
    maybe a harsh thing to say but i hope they go under and don't come back
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: J BLOCK joe[/cite]maybe a harsh thing to say but i hope they go under and don't come back[/quote]

I am sure there are some that would say the same about us - Millwall and Palace, but also misinformed about the Dowie situation - so I don't want them to go out of business, but for their scummy fans I would like to see them suffer in the obscurity of mid table third tier.
  • Options
    The takeover has been removed from the takeover panel disclosure table. Any significance?

Disclosure Table
  • Options
    We should stop bumping this thread, every time we do Saints seem to get another 2 days!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]The takeover has been removed from the takeover panel disclosure table. Any significance?

Disclosure Table
    Sheff Weds PLC are on the list...
  • Options
    " 2 more days" from when ?
  • Options
    Oh Power League are on there, they own/run a lot of the amateur football pitches don't they?
  • Options
    http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/4384529.New_bid_to_save_Saints/

From someone who couldn't raise the cash to buy bournemouth last year.

Strangely strange
  • Options
    I believe they have to register with league 1 by end of May if they are to play in this division next season, the fixture list must be ready for the 17 of June.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: somerton[/cite]I believe they have to register with league 1 by end of May if they are to play in this division next season, the fixture list must be ready for the 17 of June.

I guess it will come down to how much the assets of the club, essentially the players, are worth compared to any offer that comes in.

If the players are worth say £10m and the best offer is £8m then the creditors might say "close the club down and we'll sell the players off to at least re-coup some money"

The big one is Norwich Union who have the mortgage on the ground.
  • Options
    I can't see that takeover happening. They don't have enough money. Saints will be playing in the Blue Square next season.