Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Other than Charlton Players who else is out of contract in the Summer

One that i know is
Kelvin Davis- Southampton

Haven't read about any others.

Comments

• Options
    bit too soon for all that. The retained list goes our in June sometime from all league clubs. I don;t expect to see much, if any movement in or out until then.
  • Options
    The Murphy snap him up STAT!
  • Options
    Murphy, Hreidarsson, Primus, Faye, Mills - sign them all!!
  • Options
    peter clarke from Southend, good player knows and has stood out in League 1 and should not imagine he would be on mega bucks at Southend.
  • Options
    I think Joey Barton might find himself out of a job this summer...
  • Options
    Murty and Sam Sodje I think.
  • Options
    Myles Weston, now at Notts County, but probably hoping to step up a division.
    Myles Weston done well
    More Myles Weston

He played 44 league games this season, and appears to have grown out of his injury problems.

We need a left winger. Get him back!
    Obviously we need to sort out the manager position first. Isn't Parky out of contract this summer? He should be released.
  • Options
    Obviously we need to sort out the manager position first. Isn't Parky out of contract this summer? He should be released

He has a year left on his contract.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    All Football League clubs will be cutting there squads. Will be plenty of freebies/bargains around this summer, and them players can't be too choosy on silly over the top wages they have been used to in the last few years.

The likes of Scowcroft, Ifill, and Fletcher going in the summer from Palace. Adebola at Bristol City out of contract (though he will likely get offered a new deal)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Probably wouldn't want to drop the wages, but Ian Ashbee from Hull would sort us right out in midfield next year, and make a good captain as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: danny777[/cite]Myles Weston, now at Notts County, but probably hoping to step up a division.
    Myles Weston done well
    More Myles Weston

He played 44 league games this season, and appears to have grown out of his injury problems.

We need a left winger. Get him back!

Interesting post, Danny!

So I clicked on your link and found out Myles Weston was his Manager's Player of the Year.
    That's a pretty glowing recommendation, to be regarded by your manager as the 1st name on the teamsheet:

".....Weston was handed a glowing tribute from Manager Ian McParland for his displays down the left wing all season .........

All attendees were treated to a Sausage and Mash dinner before the awards ceremony took place."

Sauage & Mash dinner ... ?
    They know how to do it in style at Meadow Lane, lol
  • Options
    Didn't Myles Weston actually used to play for us? I think Wagstaff looked quite lively on the left and could be quite useful for us there next season, especially if Sam plays like that every week! David Noble has just been released by Bristol City and would be a good signing.
  • Options
    We don't have any money...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]Probably wouldn't want to drop the wages, but Ian Ashbee from Hull would sort us right out in midfield next year, and make a good captain as well.

Don't think Lloyd Sam would be too keen on that idea...;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]Probably wouldn't want to drop the wages, but Ian Ashbee from Hull would sort us right out in midfield next year, and make a good captain as well.

Don't think Lloyd Sam would be too keen on that idea...;-)

Imagine that at the training ground

Parky: Lloyd meet our new signing and captain.

Parky: Lloyd, Llooooyd

Ashbee: Is that him scaling the fence boss?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]bit too soon for all that. The retained list goes our in June sometime from all league clubs. I don;t expect to see much, if any movement in or out until then.

Clubs will announce their retained list imminently, some have already watch SSN, as all players are under contract until 30th June anyway. As with Hudson last summer we can sign any freebie when we like just that the contract won't start until 1st July. I reckon there will be some movement sooner than you think.
  • Options
    As I said last season - John Oster is available. Always rated him
  • Options
    Wayne Gray
    Paul Terry
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]As I said last season - John Oster is available. Always rated him

Always confuse him with Jack Lester, I think he's a decent footballer but quite inconcsistent and I imagine there would be plently of sides with more dough than us to take a chance on him
  • Options
    Palace have released nine

nine first-team players have been released - Ryan Carolan, James Dayton, Carl Fletcher, Scott Flinders, Paul Ifil, John Oster, James Scowcroft, Jamie Smith and David Wilkinson - along with second-year scholars Graeme Edwards and Kieron Thorp.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Palace have released nine

nine first-team players have been released - Ryan Carolan, James Dayton, Carl Fletcher, Scott Flinders, Paul Ifil, John Oster, James Scowcroft, Jamie Smith and David Wilkinson - along with second-year scholars Graeme Edwards and Kieron Thorp.

Can't go wrong with a few ex-palace players or coaches IMHO
  • Options
    Fletcher, Ifil, Oster and Scowcroft would do a job in league one, palarse or not, we have to do the best bit of bargin hunting we have ever done this close season, and if they signed there charlton none are palace ala freedman, hopkins morrison etc.. would be good additions to the first team sqaud.
  • Options
    Darren Byfield has been released by Donny Rovers. I'd sign him just to see Jamelia down The Valley on matchdays.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]bit too soon for all that. The retained list goes our in June sometime from all league clubs. I don;t expect to see much, if any movement in or out until then.

Clubs will announce their retained list imminently, some have already watch SSN, as all players are under contract until 30th June anyway. As with Hudson last summer we can sign any freebie when we like just that the contract won't start until 1st July. I reckon there will be some movement sooner than you think.

to prove my point Swansea have already signed a striker released by QOTS.
  • Options
    Michael Owen - I am sure we could cover his wages, and he would fit in nicely with our misfiring frontline...
  • Options
    Bradley Wright Phillips and Jason Euell released by Southampton.
  • Options
    Bradley Wright Phillips would be a steal!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]Bradley Wright Phillips would be a steal!
    lol!