Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

One for City peeps

BDLBDL
edited May 2009 in Not Sports Related
I'm working at home today.

Just been cold called by a firm called "Churchill Bruin" about my investment portfolio as a follow up to a call made in June last year (!!!) - Real cocky git on the phone, told him to F.O in not so many words. Don't appreciate being cold called especially as we are ex-directory.

Just done search of FSA website - No mention of this firm at all. So rang up FSA, they will be ringing back.

Anyone heard of them or is this a tactic of unscrupulous individuals to scam money?!?

Comments

• Options
    sounds like a boiler room share pushing oufit, don't touch them with a barge pole.
  • Options
    great movie that!
  • Options
    Maybe some collaberation between Churchill Ins and Brewin Dolphin (investment banking), but not something i've come across.
  • Options
    Sounds like a boiler room scam. Steer well clear and if possible get a phone number or address or something similar and report them to the FSA.
  • Options
    Phone number witheld surprise surprise. FSA thanked me and it is a Boiler room scam.

He actually sounded like that knob Philip from the Apprentice. Who knows it could have actually been him!