Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Star Trek

edited May 2009 in Not Sports Related
Just been to see the new movie with a group of pals from work, boy/girl mix. Absolutely all of us gave it two thumbs up. What a cracking return for the franchise, full of fast paced action, lots of humour, amazing special effects and a fair story.Like many new or re-booted movie series, the first movie is more about set up than heavy plot, but the story is still engaging enough.

Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto (Sylar from Heroes) and Karl Urban (Lord of the Rings/Bourne Supremacy) are all excellent in their lead roles as Kirk, Spock and McCoy and the new Uhura is stunning.

Highly recommended to sci-fi and action fans alike and you do not need to see any of the old films to enjoy this film.

Comments

• Options
    Thats sounds great. Cant wait to go. Once a Trekky always a Trekky
  • Options
    I had a bad run in with klingons a while ago and in space (the flying saucer) no one can hear you scream
  • Options
    I beamed down to earth to go to the toilet and then beamed back again to wipe out Klingons................boom boom!
  • Options
    I'm keen to see it. Star Trek is a global institution surely?
  • Options
    Star Trek gets two thumbs up from me too!

There is a strangely attractive Green girl in it too!
  • Options
    How is simon pegg as scotty?
  • Options
    he doesn't play a massive part but what he does do is quality
  • Options
    Like what the missus tells me nightly... cheers daz ;-)
  • Options
    Liked it too, except the projectionist showed two reels out of sequence...

Portuguese muppet!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Liked it too, except the projectionist showed two reels out of sequence...

Portuguese muppet!

Ah the Facebook message now makes sense!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did anyone burst out laughing when they spoke about Space Docking?
  • Options
    got tickets at imax in a week or so..
  • Options
    that'll be quality!
    The graphics are 100% top notch
  • Options
    just got back from seeing it and despite never having been a trekkie I really enjoyed it
  • Options
    Geek fest!
  • Options
    it's nothing like the originals! - JLC is bringing back star trek on channel 4 now!
  • Options
    Clutch at straws all you like dazzler, its a geek fest end of!!
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    lol i'm a self confessed Geek!
  • Options
    LL&P
  • Options
    Damn straight

Live Long and Prosper! That message goes to all the addicks on here!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw it last night, excellent film and I'm not particularly much of a fan of previous star treks.

Additionally, my wife who never liked Star Trek in the past really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    I cannot do the thing with the fingers, is anyone else similairly afflicted or are the others weird?
    I am not a star trek or SciFi fan but i quite liked it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kimbo[/cite]I cannot do the thing with the fingers, is anyone else similairly afflicted or are the others weird?
    I am not a star trek or SciFi fan but i quite liked it

I can do the thing with the fingers and have a pointed bit on my ears (true).
  • Options
    Little known fact that Spock wears cardigans !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Little known fact that Spock wears cardigans !

It is logical
  • Options
    Lol. At least you beat adam to it Henners. Well done ;0)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Little known fact that Spock wears cardigans !

It is logical[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_454870 noWrap=false][ul compact=false][div noWrap=false]spock.jpg[/div][/ul][/div]

Err... point of order, that is clearly a polo kneck, a very different kettle of fish to a cardie.