Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your Best ever Goal Thread

Come on then whats the best goal you have ever Scored? Any level counts whether it be down the park, sunday league or at school.

Comments

• Options
    School......Goal mouth melee me with back to goal. Quick thinking back heel. common !!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]School......Goal mouth melee me with back to goal. Quick thinking back heel. common !!!!!!!
    I'm not having that SHG, you were really trying to trap it and put your foot on the ball wern't yer!! :-)
  • Options
    It has to be a shot from the halfway line when I spotted their keeper off his line. This game became more extraordinary as our captain missed 4 penalties in one game - two spot kicks re-taken both times and missed on all occasions. I've forgotten the result - something silly like 7-5.
  • Options
    Would have to be in the U12 cup Final. For Hythe United against Bay United. We had shared the league title on level everything, battered every other team in the league. All came down to the last game of the Season, the Cup Final.

Left Winger i am, picked it up just inside my own half late in the 2nd half score at 2-2, round the first man before quickly doing one of those 'put it one side and run round the other' trick things(Ryan Giggsesque)carried it to the edge of the box and lofted it over the keeper. Cue mad celebrations on the sidelines, ran past them all and did some ridiculous 'cart-flip' type thing nearly broke my neck, was worth it. Went on to win.

My trick was always to run down the wing, cross it in, and it used to just cruise over the keeper into the far side of the net. Never used to mean it but people didn't know that.
  • Options
    I remember being 6-0 down at HT to King Ethleberts in the u15 Cup, an inspirational HT team talk led us to a 7-6 victory. Stupendous.
  • Options
    I was predominantly a goalie but 3 stick in my memory. Was a pretty bloody good player in my time!

1st was as goalie was a free kick on the edge of my box (opposition offside). Strong tail wind coupled with a small pitch and a perfectly executed toe-punt and the ball went in (slight deflection off Teviot Rangers' centre half on the way but it was a 70 yard strike!!)

Second one was on a football tour in Valkenburg in Holland. Received a throw in on my thigh whilst running which completely mugged my marker and then unleashed a rocket with my (weaker) left foot which flew in. In retrospect it was a shocking piece of goalkeeping but I celebrated with a John Fashanu style aeroplane celebration.

Final one was in school playground - keeper punted it long to me as I was goalhanging and I let it drop between my legs before half-trapping it with my heel which applied the perfect amount of spin onto the ball for it to fizz sideways and in off the post. It looked really flashy and I was a playground legend for it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]School......Goal mouth melee me with back to goal. Quick thinking back heel. common !!!!!!!
    I'm not having that SHG, you were really trying to trap it and put your foot on the ball wern't yer!! :-)

Fox in the box !
  • Options
    Oakwood School vs Hazelwick School

It was 0-1 then our striker got injured - we were all out of Substitutes and i was pushed up front and with 10 minutes to go I lobbed the keeper - but that was beaten by my second.

I jumped up for a header in the 81st (school matches were only 80 mins long) got caught with a Shearer esque elbow to the face whilst falling unconscious to the floor the ball hit my head and went in - Only header I've ever scored. We lost the following match 4-0 with both me and striker playing up front.
  • Options
    didn't score many as I generally played right back, esp in my latter years....lol

I did score a hat-trick for the boys brigade in Eltham Park - 1984 when I was playing upfront I think and also I remember one at Avery Hill where I nodded it over the keeper as he came out & nearly broke my glases into the bargain (decided I should wear contact lenses from then on)

A few years later I was working for Midland Bank (HSBC now) and playing for their 13th team (yes, you did read it right !) - lovely return pass and a chip over the keeper into bottom left corner .......classic.

missed too many cafc games in the early to mid 80's due to playing footie on a saturday.........reverted to sunday morning teams from then on (mainly pub teams but did play for Dussek Campbell for a couple of years)
  • Options
    Think i'v played Oakwood before.

I went to the Harvey Grammar School, Folkestone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can say that I have never scored a goal in a competitive footy match. Scored a few in hockey though, including a fantastic mazy dribble past four players before slamming it past the keeper from about 10 yards.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Sunday league game about 10 years ago

corner sent over from the right to me about 4/5 yards outside the box, I cut across the ball with my left foot and volleyed it into the top right corner without the keeper even moving (bit like Paul Scholes v Bradford I think a few years back??), ball never touched the floor.....even their keeper congratulated me, I really couldn't believe it, normally something like that would either be an air shot or go for a throw.

not scored many in my life and will never connect with another ball so sweetly - I dined out on that goal for months after that.
  • Options
    Beach in Newquay one bank holiday.
    We got involved in a game of North vs South.
    Cross came over, I dived and whipped off my baseball cap midflight and headed the ball past the helpless goalie.
  • Options
    Not sure if I've mentioned this before or not :-)

Date : May 22nd 2007
    Venue: The Valley
    Match : Pardews Porkers vs Charlton Unathletic (CL Charity Match)
    Description : Match winning goal ! - Having received a defense splitting pass from oohaah I thundered an unstoppable right foot strike from 30 yards out into the top corner in front of a packed Valley crowd.

(Proper description : oohaah dribbled a ball across in my direction which I was trying to run away from but couldn't because I was too knackered, so I just swung a leg at it. the resulting scuff, balooned off the shin and looped over the keeper, in front of an empty Jimmy Seed Stand and about 100 or so drunks in the West Stand). :-)

Anniversary coming up!
  • Options
    Tough one. Either an overhead kick during a game of headers, volleys or beats from ten yards out. Or the time I got the ball in between my legs and jumped over the other 2 player's high tacktles before smashing the ball in to the bin during a violent game of inter door football.

Also smashed in a volley from outside the area during a park kickabout which nearly broke the net.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    For "Charlton" against "England" in a T-Mobile-sponsored prize match at The Valley.

Covered End.

Penalty.

Did him with my eyes.

Booze up in the West Stand afterwards.

(I can die happy now)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]

I jumped up for a header in the 81st (school matches were only 80 mins long) got caught with a Shearer esque elbow to the face whilst falling unconscious to the floor the ball hit my head and went in - Only header I've ever scored.

That's a quality goal, Dazzler.

It's all about being in the right place at the right time. Even if you know nothing about it, lol
  • Options
    There was an open goal cos the keeper had gone walkabouts, someone passed it to me when I was on the halfway line, I flicked it up and done the best long shot and it just dipped enough to go in whilst the keeper was running back and ended up running into the post, kinda a Xabi Alonso against Luton/Newcastle.

Another one now. I had like 4 defenders on me in the box, I ran out the box, turned and toe poked it into the top right hand corner.

This is why you need me on the Charlton Life FC team
  • Options
    NathanPriorNathanPriorNathanPrior NathanPriorNathanPriorNathanPrior ;0)
  • Options
    Er, yes thats my name.

Only problem was after I scored the first one, everyone jumped on me as a celebration and I got a hernia from it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scored a few scorchers in my time ;), have to say two that stand out was in a general kick about the lippy keeper dared me to try a lob from 40 odd yards and it worked, also in a training for my school's first XI scored a beauty into the top left from about 25 yards, don't get many chances as I usually play centre half. More of a Titus Bramble me, just SHITE
  • Options
    if we're talking about rugby, i got a couple of tries to confess...?
  • Options
    3) An own goal that any forward would have dreamed of defending an outswinging corner playing for Cliffewoods on the edge of my own box the ball swung in my direction and I thought 'I'm sending that back whence it came' and slammed my head against the ball not back to where it came from but right into our own top corner. I got the dog bowl for that one.

2) A freekick that I honestly did not mean, level with the 18 yard line almost on the touchline I was looking to fling a cross to the far post and grossly overhit it sending it whistling in past the keepers far post. That was for Huntsman Saturday side

3) My proudest effort was completely unexpected in Huntsmans last (I think) promotion season and my last season of playing regular football 2003/4 season against Ridgeview my mate Stevie got in the way as I was about to put my foot through the ball and doubtlessly trouble the game taking place on Barnfields (this way down Luton rec Chatham natives) as his fat arse was in the way I sort of jabbed my foot underneath the ball taking it away from him and their guy too leaving me free to wallop the thing (injuring my knee in doing so again) into the middle of the goal just under the bar. Their keeper did not move and I set off on a sprint that doubtlessly contributed to me not finishing the game along with the self inflicted knee injury.

I got the dog bowl for that bastard too!
  • Options
    Scored a few in my time,a bit like Matty Taylor you can't really pick one out :oP
  • Options
    I once scored 25 in about 14 games, the defences had no idea how to defend and kept playing me onside
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]I once scored 25 in about 14 games, the defences had no idea how to defend and kept playing me onside[/quote]

I'ts true...;) I've seen him play
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Eddickted[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]I once scored 25 in about 14 games, the defences had no idea how to defend and kept playing me onside[/quote]

I'ts true...;) I've seen him play[/quote]

The amount of setting up i've done for you though
  • Options
    playing for our works team in top of table clash - up front against a right meathead centre half who was kicking effing lumps out of me all game.

Ball came up he tried to bulldoze past me again just got a flick on it to go round him, he had the turning circle of a juggernaut, and I was away
    and then from about 25 yards I curled into top corner to win the game 1-0.

My favourites though were the 2 I scored for CIFC against Palace - loved them goal,s simple goals 1 a header another a near post volley but sweet all the same against those *****
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]

I jumped up for a header in the 81st (school matches were only 80 mins long) got caught with a Shearer esque elbow to the face whilst falling unconscious to the floor the ball hit my head and went in - Only header I've ever scored.

That's a quality goal, Dazzler.

It's all about being in the right place at the right time. Even if you know nothing about it, lol
    well i was hoping for a foul for a penalty because i knew i wouldn't beat the CB's in the air just didn't expect an elbow and a goal from it!!
  • Options
    When i was playing for Junior Reds about 6 years ago i scored a left foot half-volley from just outside the area great goal and once hit the crossbar from the just in front of the half way line.