Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v West Indies: 2nd Test, Riverside.

England win Toss & will bat.

Comments

• Options
    Looks like they'll struggle to get 5 full days play. Today looks like sunshine but tomorrow, Sunday and Monday look like rain! I think we may need to win in 3 days again!
  • Options
    Both sides unchanged from the last test.
  • Options
    Must be a riveting game the amount of posts on it :-)

WAKE UP whoever is watching it !
  • Options
    We're 86-1 at lunch. Pretty slow run rate, we're not even scoring at 3 an over.
  • Options
    There are more people on this board than at the game.

Roll on The Ashes.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]There are more people on this board than at the game.

Roll on The Ashes.

Yes. Seriously, why are we playing in Durham? We'd get better crowds over Greenwich Park.

There's no point sharing the matches, so everyone get's the chance to see England play if there's not enough interest.
  • Options
    Gayle must really have enjoyed his wicket after the public recriminations between the two of them
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    £68 a ticket I'm not surprised!!!!

Only at the Riverside because of commercial stuff. Load of bollcks!
  • Options
    England 226-1.

Cook 99
    Bopara 78.
  • Options
    RavBop and Cook both have centuries...

England 258/1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3 consecutives for Bopara is it not?
  • Options
    England 262-1

Cook 108
    Bopara 104
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]3 consecutives for Bopara is it not?

Yep...
  • Options
    RavBop out for 108, bowled baker.

Anderson in as night watchman.
  • Options
    302/2 at stumps...

Anderson off the mark for the 48th Test innings in a row.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]3 consecutives for Bopara is it not?[/quote]

Yep...[/quote]

Joins this small group of batsmen to achieve such a feat (and not a bad list either)...

Herbert Sutcliffe, Denis Compton, Geoffrey Boycott and Graham Gooch
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Super_horns[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]3 consecutives for Bopara is it not?

Yep...

Joins this small group of batsmen to achieve such a feat (and not a bad list either)...

Herbert Sutcliffe, Denis Compton, Geoffrey Boycott and Graham Gooch

Good company indeed, but they didn't achieve this with their first three Test hundreds.
  • Options
    Is Pietersen losing his famous self-confidence/arrogance?

I might be wrong but I seem to remember him refusing a nightwatchman in the past and suggesting the practice was for sissies and that proper manly batsmen had no need of them (or words to that effect).

The convention is that the captain always asks the batsman if he wants a nightwatchman, so sending Anderson in must have been KP's call.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Is Pietersen losing his famous self-confidence/arrogance?

I might be wrong but I seem to remember him refusing a nightwatchman in the past and suggesting the practice was for sissies and that proper manly batsmen had no need of them (or words to that effect).

The convention is that the captain always asks the batsman if he wants a nightwatchman, so sending Anderson in must have been KP's call.

I disagree, it's the captain's decision. And in any case in one the winter Tests vs the Windies Anderson played as a night watchmam ahead of KP.

Strauss made probably the right call this this time, the weather forecast isn't good and England may need to set a big first innings lead. They don't need to lose KP to the new ball when Anderson can take the shine off it for him.
  • Options
    The ECB's wisdom at playing a test match in Durham in May has come back to haunt them as it's peeing down today and won't be getting much better!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    W Indies 117-3
    Still trail by 142 runs

(Basically -142/3).

Rain holding off so far.........
  • Options
    What's going on between Anderson and Edwards? Most interesting part of the Test so far!
  • Options
    Watching Collingwood keep wicket is entertaining.
  • Options
    Isn't it just. Working from home today so got it on in the background.

Nice little break to talk about tractors.
  • Options
    3 wickets in 19 balls.
  • Options
    165-7, Windies have collapsed again.
  • Options
    Benn out the last ball of the session, Anderson bowling beautifully.
  • Options
    All over - won by an innings and 83 runs.

Windies were/are truly awful when it's not 30 degrees and sunny
  • Options
    Lost their last 7 wickets for 35 runs!
  • Options
    That's been a worthwhile warm-up for the Ashes then. F***ks sake my nephew's under 11s could give them a better workout in my back garden