Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We welcome you to Elland Road

edited May 2009 in General Charlton
Hi guys.what a crap night for us yesterday.As you can tell Leeds don't do playoffs very well and it makes it worse losing to them bunch of heartless hooligans. Hope Millwall fail miserably in the final and have a crap season next time round.

Well we are playing you now for the first time in about...6 years I think,.We don't really wanna be here again especially with crap teams like Brentford coming up and we have been told we dont have to sell in the summer so im hoping that is true. I think our home record will take us up automatically next season.Lets hope you lot take the other auto spot.
got nothing against you guys and I think you have just been unlucky to end up here like we were.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: spainboy[/cite]Hi guys.what a crap night for us yesterday.As you can tell Leeds don't do playoffs very well and it makes it worse losing to them bunch of heartless hooligans. Hope Millwall fail miserably in the final and have a crap season next time round.

Well we are playing you now for the first time in about...6 years I think,.We don't really wanna be here again especially with crap teams like Brentford coming up and we have been told we dont have to sell in the summer so im hoping that is true. I think our home record will take us up automatically next season.Lets hope you lot take the other auto spot.
    got nothing against you guys and I think you have just been unlucky to end up here like we were.

Spoken like a true Addick who didn't have the misfortune to go to Elland Road or St Andrews a few years back!!
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I agree with you spainboy, Millwall are a repulsive heartless scummy bunch. I wanted your chaps to give them the thumping they so richly deserve,that honour will now have to go to Scunthorpe or Mk Dons. Still- both our clubs will be higher than them in a couple of years, of that I am confident.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: spainboy[/cite]Hi guys.what a crap night for us yesterday.As you can tell Leeds don't do playoffs very well and it makes it worse losing to them bunch of heartless hooligans. Hope Millwall fail miserably in the final and have a crap season next time round.

Look forward to getting up to your ground fella. Sadly I can't see us troubling you for the promotion spots next year, if you're keeping your squad together and are in possesion of a more than competent manager (neither of which apply to us) then you should have free passage out of the league.

To be honest though I don't think either club has been unlucky - both have good support and both have had strong squads but have been trashed by mismanagement.
  • Options

Will you keep your squad together though? I'd have thought Beckford and Delph (who were both dreadful last night) will be off in the summer.
    And as for going up automatically next season, well i'm sure you thought that last pre-season as well.
  • Options
    Boo fookin' hoo!

I'm sure two clubs with such unparralllallleleled success as yours would begrudge tiny Millwall a day or two in the sun?
  • Options
    Day in the sun ? f**k off to the Gobi desert then.

"no 1 likes us , no 1 likes us " how very true.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]Boo fookin' hoo!

I'm sure two clubs with such unparralllallleleled success as yours would begrudge tiny Millwall a day or two in the sun?

Hopefully you'll enjoy Wembley as much as your last trip there
  • Options
    This is all very well, but who will now collect my bins on 29th May?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]unparralllallleleled

wouldn't begrudge you a day or two back at school that's for sure
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sniff. Chin up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]Sniff. Chin up.

Shit stirring w*****r!
  • Options
    no he cant be he is mates with CAFC people cant be a Millwall prick must be a nice guy.
  • Options
    Cant see us being welcomed by anyone up at Leeds....
  • Options

Set him on fire.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: spainboy[/cite]Hi guys.what a crap night for us yesterday.As you can tell Leeds don't do playoffs very well and it makes it worse losing to them bunch of heartless hooligans. Hope Millwall fail miserably in the final and have a crap season next time round.

got nothing against you guys and I think you have just been unlucky to end up here like we were.[/quote]

Will you keep your squad together though? I'd have thought Beckford and Delph (who were both dreadful last night) will be off in the summer.
    And as for going up automatically next season, well i'm sure you thought that last pre-season as well.[/quote]

That's the big question. Even with a rubbish Delph and Beckford last night I thought we played some very good football last night and if Beckford had have played like he does in a league game the score could have been different. I certainly don't think a 1-1 was draw was fair. Problem is with Millwall is that they are good when they are sitting on a lead. I don't think they are particuarly good if you get them on the back foot but when they can nick a goal they sit on it. They were the only team to beat Leicester at the Walkers due to goal out of the blue despite Leicester dominating them.They stuck 10 men behind the ball and that was it. I personally think Whitbread is a very good player for this league and I cant see them keeping hold of him if they dont go up.

I hope we keep Delph and Beckford. Personally I don't think Delph will leave basically because he has seen what has happened to our younger players leaving for big teams in the past and end up back on loan and never get first team games. Beckford is the likely one to leave but even then after all the newspaper rumours last season about Newcastle,Boro etc wanting him none of these so called teams came in with an offer so I do have a feeling he will stay but then again Ken Bates is our chairman after all.
    I think you will do fine next season and with Millwall past playoff record being much worse than ours then Im confident Charlton and Leeds will have the last laugh on the 24th when we watch them crying Millwall fans at full time.
  • Options
    edited May 2009

I'm sure two clubs with such unparralllallleleled success as yours would begrudge tiny Millwall a day or two out of your shadow?

;)
  • Options
    Spainboy - lets face it if any scouts were there last night then you've got a very good chance of keeping both Delph and Beckford!!

I haven't seen enough of Millwall to comment but from the 2 play off games and Peterborough at home, they don't look a bad side. Last night the 2 centre backs were brilliant, i thought Craig was better than Whitbread. Martin put a great cross over the goal and he looks a decent winger.

Do you think you'll sign Sodje? If not we'll gladly have him back.
  • Options
    Wasnt Martin at Palace?
  • Options

Not really, no. I just think Leeds will be very strong next year, so iit would be good for us to have gotten shot of them. Enjoy the sunny day, skip.

Enjoyed the stuff about Neil Harris that was on before the 1st leg. Proper footballer...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Wasnt Martin at Palace?

Yes
  • Options
    Am I the only person who found this funny? :(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]

I just thought it was a fair attempt from one of that lot ......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]

I just thought it was a fair attempt from one of that lot ......

I thought it was a bit to close to my attempt ;-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Spainboy - lets face it if any scouts were there last night then you've got a very good chance of keeping both Delph and Beckford!!

I haven't seen enough of Millwall to comment but from the 2 play off games and Peterborough at home, they don't look a bad side. Last night the 2 centre backs were brilliant, i thought Craig was better than Whitbread. Martin put a great cross over the goal and he looks a decent winger.

Do you think you'll sign Sodje? If not we'll gladly have him back.[/quote]

Sodje is a very good defender for this level and clearly doesn't fit in reading's plans. He tends to be injury prone but even so he seems happy here and to be first choice defender over Rui Marques says something. Id love to sign him.

Yeah if there were scouts at the game Beckford and Delph didn't do them any favours. Probably more worried losing Becchio and Snodgrass who had a good game.

I guess we are alllooking forward to transfers now. Do you expect to keep most of your squad or do you think some will go?
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Do you expect to keep most of your squad or do you think some will go?

Oh I hope so, just 30 or 40 of them..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Day in the sun ? f**k off to the Gobi desert then.

"no 1 likes us , no 1 likes us " how very true.

"'cause you're scum......"

Like the Leeds fella's opinions. Love to know what'll happen WHEN the spanners lose the final and have to go back to Elland Road next year/season on a Tuesday night.