Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Our Eire U19's keeper released. . .

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=34264

"The custodian represented Republic of Ireland U19s this term against Slovakia and also played for Arsenal in the FA Youth Cup - when the Gunners had a series of injury problems in goal"

Wish him all the best and hope its yet again not another one that will haunt us.

Comments

• Options
    Will be interesting see where they all end up next season.

Now we're in League One more of the youngsters will get chances that they wouldn't have while we were in the Prem. Seems he probably just hasn't done quite enough to show he's got as much potential as the rest.

I've not seen him, but I've seen Callum Christie, who he was back up to, and I didn't get the feeling that he would make it.

How many have really haunted us? Most of the time it's exaggerated and it's really a myth that players like Campbell-Ryce are fantastic every match. I'm sure Turner's solid for Hull but we had much better players at the time. They only ever became as good as they are today because they got plenty of experience in League One then moved up to the Championship.

Now the young players here now have that chance, except they get to do it at Charlton rather than being sold.
  • Options
    i know harry lee very well we played together for the school and bexley district many years ago now, he was in talk with a brazilian team but i don't no what that turned into but good luck on the future
  • Options
    My son played with Harry in the Bexley League, he was a good keeper. How the fuck did he end up playing for Eire, I know his Mum & Dad and they are both English?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]My son played with Harry in the Bexley League, he was a good keeper. How the fuck did he end up playing for Eire, I know his Mum & Dad and they are both English?

Richard Gough has an opinion on this matter too:
    "It should go back to one generation - otherwise you get into that Irish thing of having a pint of Guinness and you can play." Former Scotland star Richard Gough on the decision to allow Peterborough's George Boyd to play for the Scots because his grandfather was born in Motherwell.