Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading release

Murty and Lita, it'll never happen with Lita surely, but Murty's got to be possible

Comments

• Options
    Murty - depends on fitness, if he stays fit then I'd say yes, he'd be a great role-model for Solly and our defence was at its best (relatively speaking) when he was playing. The link with Parky helps too, but is it worth signing a player who might be permanently crocked??

Lita - we need a goalscorer full stop. I'd be tempted to push the boat out and go short elsewhere, only very rarely to teams get promoted with a proven goalscorer and there's no one at the club who looks remotely capable of scoring 15-20 goals.
  • Options
    I would let another midfielder go if we had lita available NOT BAILEY OR JOJNO
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I'd like Murty here as a player, another model-pro like Holland (and perhaps plays in a position not quite as vital, compared to Holland who might struggle against two strong, quick, dominating CMs), a good captain, but I'd worry he'd end up injured for half a season.

Lita would score goals in League One, but I'd imagine he'll find a Championship club. I agree with BFR, we'll be able to get away with using players like Basey, Solly in a fair few games, but without at least one regular goalscorer up front we have no chance.
  • Options
    If Parkinson stays I think Murty will come in as player coach.

Reading have also released Dubbery & Hahneman.

At our level I'd definitely take Duberry on a free, might be out of our wage bracket though.

Interesting that there is no mention of Sodje, I assume heisn't out of contract?.
  • Options
    Hear Sodje would like to come back here, but waiting to see if the "management" want him.............
  • Options
    I'm surprised Hahneman has gone, maybe its acase of cutting cloth now that they are on their last season of parachute.
  • Options
    Should have added.....anyone who thinks we have the remotest chance of signing Lita is living in cloud cuckoo land.
  • Options
    Pay as you play deal for Murty?
    I think he could be the new Sir Chris - I was very impressed with his performances, attitude & marshalling whilst he was with us.

Matty & Murty (obv. on appropriate money) would be fantastic leaders & role models for our (likely to be) young squad.
  • Options
    No way will Duberry or Lita drop to League One.....could see Murty joining though.
  • Options
    What about Chrisy Powell coming back
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cant believe they've released Murty? He must be shot, don't want another sicknote if thats the case.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite] don't want another sicknote if thats the case.

we can't afford another sick note
  • Options
    so three days after losing out in the play-offs Reading issue their release list. Where is ours? Once again we are dithering, waiting for a takeover that may never happen, get on with it !!!
  • Options
    Should it transpire that there is no takeover which is now my view then the dithering regarding PP and other issues regarding players I think becomes inexcusable.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]so three days after losing out in the play-offs Reading issue their release list. Where is ours? Once again we are dithering, waiting for a takeover that may never happen, get on with it !!!

It's very early days yet and the possibility of a takeover always meant that things may be quiet for a while. Patience has to be the order of the day as a takeover offers the bigger chance of us keeping our best players and then building a stong squad, possibly under a new manager. There's no point in acting quickly and releasing players who we may want to keep if the funds were available. The amount of uncertainty is obviously unfortunate but we've a long way to go yet.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]I would let another midfielder go if we had lita available NOT BAILEY OR JOJNO

If we could combine the big heart and drive of Bailey, with the quality and vision of Jonjo - we could have the ultimate, player: Banjo.
    Could be the 'Duel' in our crown.

Coat!

PS: I'm highly strung and nicely out of tune.
  • Options
    Murty coming back would be a good signing, but I think that depends on if Parkinson remains as Manager.

Lita. No chance.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]so three days after losing out in the play-offs Reading issue their release list. Where is ours? Once again we are dithering, waiting for a takeover that may never happen, get on with it !!!

It's very early days yet and the possibility of a takeover always meant that things may be quiet for a while. Patience has to be the order of the day as a takeover offers the bigger chance of us keeping our best players and then building a stong squad, possibly under a new manager. There's no point in acting quickly and releasing players who we may want to keep if the funds were available. The amount of uncertainty is obviously unfortunate but we've a long way to go yet.

The takeover shouldnt make the blindest bit of difference to the out of contract players, other than fortune and ZiZi why would our current, or any potential manager/board want any of them at our club??
  • Options
    edited May 2009

We've never been one to have a 'release list', usually announced a few players at a time.

Is a bit strange though, clearly Weaver, Ambrose and Todorov will be going as a minimum.

In the end the club know that, doesn't really matter if it's announced now or in 4 weeks time. Contracts still expire on June 30th, whether you announced released players a day after the season ends or on 1st July.

In fact last season we never even announced that we had released Thatcher, I guess that decision went on for a while.
  • Options
    Tried to retain Thatcher last season but he was asking for £5,000 per month. Would imagine that after being turned down by us, wolves amongst others he never got his £5k
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    £5k a month? Is that all? Surely he was on more than that a week when we signed him?