Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nationalising Football

I haven't had any time at all to look on CL recently but someone sent me this article and I thought that it was good enough to share with you lot.

Why it's time to nationalise the Premier League

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    I would rekindle my love affair with football in general if certain aspects of the NFL/NHL model were adopted - salary caps and a draft system in particular. As it is The Premiership & Champions League have about as much appeal as an afternoon watching paint dry at the moment.
  • Options
    There's always the MLS Oakster ;o)
  • Options
    Aren't F1 trying this & failing?
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Do fans still go to football matches? Is there competition at the top and bottom of every division of every league? Are the most successful teams on the pitch also the best-rewarded financially? Do relegated teams have an opportunity to re-gain their status?

Seems to me there's an awful lot right with the way football's run already. And until the US regularly produces the best teams in the world, it will take a lot to convince me otherwise.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: vancouveraddick[/cite]I haven't had any time at all to look on CL recently but someone sent me this article and I thought that it was good enough to share with you lot.

Why it's time to nationalise the Premier League

Thoughts?

The Guardian? End of.