Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roman Bednar

hang your head, caught red handed and not even bothered 18k a week and getting caught out buying coke from a no mark dealer who filmed you,

poor baggies deserve better than you

Comments

• Options
    I reqad the NOW in a cafe this morning there was no " and a dissier of evidence has been handed over to the police!" Hope that was just an omission. Sadly I am sure he is not alone/
  • Options
    Surely players get drug tested? It would seem to be a crime he could never get away with.
  • Options
    Silly little sod.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Surely players get drug tested? It would seem to be a crime he could never get away with.

Why he probably wouldn't have been tested
  • Options
    In the eyes of the law he should now be in even more trouble. If he admitted it was for him self he more than likley would have got a fine for posession, but he said that he was buying/getting it for someone else which now means he is open to posession with intent to supply! The punnishment for that is a few years inside.
  • Options
    Testing in football is a joke, with no real transparency or tight procedures. Italian football's been rife with drugs since the 70's and well outlined usage of performance enhancers on the continent. When you heard about the Jamie Stuart case it doesn't seem that football has changed yet. The fact that evidence of footballers using performance enhancers has never been truly followed up is damning on the game and the bodies involved.

Still I love watching Gattuso run around like a madman into his thirties.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]Testing in football is a joke, with no real transparency or tight procedures. Italian football's been rife with drugs since the 70's and well outlined usage of performance enhancers on the continent. When you heard about the Jamie Stuart case it doesn't seem that football has changed yet. The fact that evidence of footballers using performance enhancers has never been truly followed up is damning on the game and the bodies involved.

Still I love watching Gattuso run around like a madman into his thirties.

You're just making things up in your head and writing them on the internet. If we were talking 10 years ago, you'd have some basis of truth.

In Italy several players are picked at random for antidoping after every game and their names are published. This has been in place for a few years and the only recent cases have involved players transferred in from the English and Spanish leagues (where the cozy policy operates - testers call the club, tell them which players they'll test and which day they're coming)
  • Options
    SE7SE7
    edited May 2009
    For instance you look at proffesional sprinters and cyclist, most of whom are tested after every race. Stage winners in the Tour De France are tested after every stage, plus a number of random tests are taken every day. This is why you here of so much doping in sports like athletics and cycling, its not the only sports that it happens in, its just a couple of sports where the athletes are regularly tested in. It frustrates me so much when there are those on 40,000 a week who think they can get away with it, their should be regular testing because I wouldn't be surprised if a number of so called 'model pro's' were on drugs. Stam and Xavier are just two examples of this.
  • Options
    here is no logical expalnation as to why every squad player gets tested at his ground once a week or fortnight by a member of the anti doping team, The amount of money in the game at top level should be able to pay for all the wages and facilities needed all atheletes should be clean no drugs in any of them, should they fall off of that morality they should be banned for a season and given 1 chance after that if they are caught again they are not allowed to compete in a footie match at anything other than pub level and should never be paid for playing football again.

it is as simple as that