Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Deano disses Curbs

Comments

• Options
    when a mates was speaking to him the year before last in a hotel reception he wasnt v complimentary of Curbs personality and man management.
  • Options
    Interesting comments from Deano regarding Curbishley. Would love to see Deano back at the club in some capacity in the near future.
  • Options
    he starts again.

by the way amos are you called lee?
  • Options
    I love the pair of them for what they did for our club and it's sad they didn't always see eye to eye but that is life! I do feel that Deano does rather go on about the good old days at Charlton (he must still wish he was here) with practically every interview he has done since he left.
  • Options
    Don`t suppose any of our players thought of Curbs as "Uncle Alan".
  • Options
    Probably not.
  • Options
    didn't deano have a little dig at charlton fans when he went to pompey? Something about it'll be nice to play for a club that gets proper support? it was surprising to hear. Neither that or anything else he sayd would change my view of him though, he's a legend.
  • Options
    capacity crowds through most of deano's reign, quite proper imo.
  • Options
    Curbs was never a great man manager, he left the touchy feely stuff to Keithy and Merv. Kiely and Kinsella both received the same treatment, even Murray and Simons were cold shouldered after he left according to Martin at City Addicks.
  • Options
    he starts again.

by the way amos are you called lee?

--------------------------------------------------

No. Mark Stuart.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This sounds to me another example of Curbs "thin skin". He probably didn't want to get into one with Kiely, given that they had not seen eye to eye in the recent past.
  • Options
    Think it's just Curbs way. Maybe not the way to get the best out of some, but clearly worked well with others. I'd kill for a manager, now, who got the kind of results Curbs did, even if every person in the club hated his guts.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Think it's just Curbs way. Maybe not the way to get the best out of some, but clearly worked well with others. I'd kill for a manager, now, who got the kind of results Curbs did, even if every person in the club hated his guts.

Never a truer word spoken....lest we forget!!