Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Signing

edited May 2009 in General Charlton
LMFAO...Unless there's a takeover taking place, of course

Chamakh Link

Comments

• Options
    Well if he thinks a move from a top division french club to a third tier english club is going to be good for his career..then bring it on!
  • Options
    Obviously he's had a big recommendation of our club from Souly Diawara
  • Options
    Its just a slip. Jean-Louis Triaud obviously thinks Charlton are still a mid table prem side.
  • Options
    I notice we are named as Charlton (sic) , has the (sic) replaced Athletic ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]I notice we are named as Charlton (sic) , has the (sic) replaced Athletic ?

What does 'sic' actually mean?
  • Options
    some latin thingy which means you cant spell
  • Options
    'linked with Pompey.........and Charlton!' the words of their site. Admittedly an odd mix on current form but Portsmouth have a rather inflated sense of their own importance given that don't have the Harry factor any more.
  • Options
    He probably thinks Charlton is Chelsea, lol ....... sounds much the same, London club, always top of the league and loads of dosh.
    Easily done!
  • Options
    Similarly Tevez and the other one, when told they'd be playing for United expected the taxi to take them to Manchester rather than East London.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]I notice we are named as Charlton (sic) , has the (sic) replaced Athletic ?

What does 'sic' actually mean?

Funnily enough it means the mistake in the quote is the fault of the person quoted and not the person writing it. Just a way of journo's showing off there (sic) gramma innit...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A bit pedantic, but the spirit of what people are saying is right. "Sic" is apparently latin for "so" or "thus", and shows that the writer is citing a source directly and accurately and are aware that the quote is either archaic or just plain wrong. My understanding of it, anyway...