Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Operation Priestfields (aka shitpit)

2»

Comments

• Options
    "Local derby"? "Teach them who's boss"? "We helped them out when they needed money"?

For goodness sake, we're begining to sound more like those morons from Croydon every day. Yes, I want us to go and teach Gillingham a lesson, turn them over at their place, take six points from them and knock them out of any of the several cups we might play them in. I want us to finish many, many point above them, leaving them trailing in the wake of our promotion push. But no more so than any other team from outside London. I'm all for tipping up at their "ground", cheering on Charlton and walking away with the spoils. But I can't bear any grudge against them. Like us, they deserve to be playing in League One; difference is, they'll be celebrating the fact.

Any club that's good enough for some of my heroes (Powell, Hales, Peacock); and forms a repectful arch of players at The Valley as they did in 1981 is alright by me.

Yes, we're going to have to suffer some banter from a few shortage-of-memory Gills, but we should ride that wave. It's rivalry a bit closer to SE7 that has more of my interest.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Not if you're in Valley Gold.
    Bit lazy of me I know, but how much does it cost to join and have you won anything?
    I'm not but my dad is and he doesnt do many away games (Shut up MCS, Carter, Medders, Curb_it, Suze et al...).

£10 a month and he has won the £500 once and the runners up a couple of times so has probably paid for what he has put in - not that thats the reason he does it.
  • Options
    Well said Chizz.

We seem to be developing a bit of a chip on our shoulders.

Not really what we're all about, is it ?
  • Options
    thought you kent boys would welcome a local game at your local team :-))) Medders should be at home at Priestfield.
  • Options
    Just like you're at home at Selhurst Ledge, with the rest of south London's brain dead ;-)
  • Options
    I have unfinished business.

I went to the pre season game back in 2001 when where shoe horned into that corner of the ground. I had delhi belly and spent most of the first half on the crapper during which time Charlton conceded 2 goals. There was match commentary in the toilets which was very nice feature.

I came out in the second half and afterwards Medders kindly gave me a tour of the Medway area namely Strood and Rochester before stopping for a ruby.

After that it was time to piss back up north.

520 miles to go forra dump in a dump.
  • Options
    Like it or not THEY cannot stick US seems only fair & reasonable that we give them some back. Still the only True Derby we have is Millwall.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pork_pie[/cite]There was match commentary in the toilets which was very nice feature.
    That's a nice touch!
  • Options
    I will be there and will be looking to have one over on them (hopefully in the right end this time) for revenge of the cup defeat i still hear about!!
  • Options
    Il defo be there with mates who are not on here i live in Kent so still here of the cup defeat today i suggest we take their pubs and have a real party in the stadium no worries Cater we will help you deal with the medway
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I dont suppose we will get much of an allocation anyway
  • Options
    Tel - From what I remember about the pre season a load of us went and not many bothered to even leave the pub.

Think it was The Livingstone Arms or something like that, had all clubs football shirts on the ceiling
  • Options
    fuck me who cares,millwall is the one not this poxy game
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PalaceHater[/cite]Tel - From what I remember about the pre season a load of us went and not many bothered to even leave the pub.

Think it was The Livingstone Arms or something like that, had all clubs football shirts on the ceiling

Yeah thats the pub, under new management now so not sure if they still have all the shirts in there
  • Options
    Yeah I seem to remeber going in that pub...non football visit....so how many away fans does there stand hold these days?