Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Butterfield

2»

Comments

• Options
    WhenIWasLittleBoy:

Why is he a c*nt? Cause he came from Palace? Does that make Chris Powell, John Humphreys, Mark Bright, Tom Soares and all the other countless players that have played for both Charlton and Palace c*nts then?

I think he'd be a good squad player to have at the very least. Solly and Semedo don't have the physical strength or experience to cope in League 1, whenever I've seen Semedo play right back, he looks like a fish out of water. Clueless. As for Solly, far too raw. Needs to be loaned out to League 2 for first team games.
  • Options
    I have no real issue with him being 'Palace', as F-C-F says, we've had a couple bona-fide Charlton legends who have also played for Palace along with players like Morts, David Whyte and others. If he's a decent pro, which I think he is, his previous club should mean nothing if he's playing for us.

Trouble for me with Butterfield is he's another nothing footballer. He's okay but is neither an inpenetrable wall defensively or a flayboyant attacking force. He's also another very slow full back, which could also be said of Murty, but at least Murty appeared to be a bit of a leader. We could probably do worse, but I'm not sure he's a significant enough improvement on Solly to be worth signing when we're trying to thin the squad out.

If we can't get any one much better, then wy not just use what we have?
  • Options
    Thought he improved with games and wouldn't object to seeing him back in the team .However, was far more impressed by Murty ( when he was fit )
    A great fan of Semedo though . Would be very disappointed if he went elsewhere next season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fish-Costa-Fortune[/cite]Solly and Semedo don't have the physical strength or experience to cope in League 1, whenever I've seen Semedo play right back, he looks like a fish out of water. Clueless.

To be fair Semedo's never had a run at right back. He's had some good games there and a few 'just' solid ones as well. Wouldn't say Butterfield comes across any stronger than Semedo either, in fact Semedo is far more likely to be used at centre back.
  • Options
    I though he looked commited wasnt shy of getting stuck in and done a good job, like others, really dont understand some of the abuse he has got on here.
  • Options
    Yeah had some poor games but was and is generally reliable. There was a thread a while ago I looked back over last season and our results were much better with Semedo in the team over Holland, but because Holland is closer to the fans Semedo has to do a lot more to impress and can't get away with as many mistakes.
  • Options
    Don't like Butterfield that much had a couple of good games just think i would have someone new and fresh than him.
  • Options
    palace through and through would rather a 14 year old coming through the ranks
  • Options
    Semedo is a nothing player. Yes he has played better at right full back, but he also manages to have a mare after a good match. He is not a central defender, on account of him having no presence or virtually never winning a header, and he is not a midfielder on account he couldn't dominate breakdown ball and on the ball is Mr Beakdown every attack.

The man came from Sporting Lisbon, played in Serie A yet has less influence than Ambrose. If Christensen was on 5 grand a week, I dread to think what he is paid being a player coming from a top club with u21 games and senior experience. The sad thing is he's far from our worst player.

I do really wonder whether people have a clue when they watch football. Unlike most of our dross he does understand positional play defensively but the fact is where as Youga is not goalside or anywhereto be seen for goals against, Semedo is there but his 50-50 challenge broken or no challenge at all; I lost count on the games we played last year where a ball bounced just outside the box, Semedo was there but second to the ball and no decent challenge whilst an opposing player whacks the ball into our net.

Yes when he was first here we won a lot but that was fully down to Andy Reid, whilst Semedo did Ok. I question whether three wins in twenty matches last season was indicative of a great influence? At a stretch he'd be OK at right back, but then we'd be stuck with two unreliable full backs in him and Youga.

I really wonder about people if they think average, with no presence, and little influence is going to work in an appalling team with even less character. We desperately need strong characters through the spine and at full back. Leicester had Oakley, Clemmence, Kisnorbo, Edworthy and Howard we ain't got one like that and Mr Average will make no difference.
  • Options
    http://www.clubcall.com/charlton-athletic/ex-loan-star-eyed-addicks-906553.html