Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Big Screen

I see from the OS and the FF notes that The Big Screen will not operate next season unless it is sponsored. How much would sponsorship cost for the season ? How much did we raise last season in CL shirt sponsorship ? Could CL sponsor the big screen ? Thoughts ?

Comments

• Options
    haha, can you imagine... charltonlife sponsoring it and the Feeesh still appearing. Northstandsteve would take it upon himself to knock it down.

good idea tho.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]haha, can you imagine... charltonlife sponsoring it and the Feeesh still appearing. Northstandsteve would take it upon himself to knock it down.

good idea tho.

LOL,

good idea. Instead of the fish they can flash up a picture of a Lifer or two each game. That would be scary : - )
  • Options
    I think a ginger beard should go across the screen instead of the fish if we do it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I think a ginger beard should go across the screen instead of the fish if we do it

Leave the Beard up fulltime when we're losing.
  • Options
    I don't think breamteam (owners of Addickted) would be too happy...

Would be funny though.
  • Options
    Very surprised to hear this...can't cost much to run that screen surely?
  • Options
    Actually its about £25k a year if I heard it right at the meeting
  • Options
    Won't be a problem when the takeover goes through B-)
  • Options
    Can't we just put it on standby during the game ?
  • Options
    Just put the scores up around the pitch A-Z, like the old days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    £25k, that's absolutely outrageous. It is shite! there's not a match goes by when it doesn't fail in one way or another. If there was a proper penalty clause for non-operation built into the contract they'd owe us. I think it's time to go back to the good old days of having letters around the ground corresponding to the matches printed in the programme.
  • Options
    Dan had the sponsorship of it for free for the last 2 seasons as a way of thanks for doing all the graphics etc
  • Options
    Bream :(

Where have you gone Dan, we love you :(
  • Options
    The March outfit have still got the number '2' we found on the pitch amongst the weeds and stuff years ago, if needed.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Just put the scores up around the pitch A-Z, like the old days.[/quote]

YEP

[quote][cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]Actually its about £25k a year if I heard it right at the meeting[/quote]

Thats mental surely that cant be right ?
  • Options
    I do believe Dan is busy atm, so sponosorship can still be obtained by him for another year.

I put a penalty past him playing footy and no one else did :D
  • Options
    Every week I always had a vision that the fish had been replaced with a Mark Fish's face appearing on scene!!
  • Options
    How many Lifers do we have that regularly post? The reason I ask is if the figure of £25K is right, if we could get 500 people it would be £50 each. Could be within our grasp!
  • Options
    let's face it its not really a big screen is it ;-)
  • Options
    its pooy & so's the operator ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll find out the actual cost on Monday and let you know.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Sideways[/cite]How many Lifers do we have that regularly post? The reason I ask is if the figure of £25K is right, if we could get 500 people it would be £50 each. Could be within our grasp![/quote]

good idea

but time are hard at the moment for many so even that could be a struggle
  • Options
    And what do we get for our £50? A reminder of who the team is, I suppose, and an advert that has a crowd reaction that stopped being funny a while ago. Back in the day when replays were possible then there was a point to it but if people have £50 to spare there are many things, both within and outside CAFC, that it will be better spent on.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sideways[/cite]How many Lifers do we have that regularly post? The reason I ask is if the figure of £25K is right, if we could get 500 people it would be £50 each. Could be within our grasp!

good idea

but time are hard at the moment for many so even that could be a struggle

If I was to pay out £50.00 I'd expect the thing to work properly every week.

It hasn't done that since the moment that it was switched on so I don't hold out much hope for it making a miracle recovery if 500 people throw £50.00 at it. Count me out.

Can't we just sell it on ebay?.
  • Options
    Along with the Josh Wright signed photo:
    latest bid 99p........
  • Options
    We could sponsor it and if there is a lull in the excitement on the pitch we could put up would-ya's, advertise the next golf day and ask the crowd to name five songs with "relegation" in the title. All for fifty quid each.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Big William[/cite]We could sponsor it and if there is a lull in the excitement on the pitch we could put up would-ya's, advertise the next golf day and ask the crowd to name five songs with "relegation" in the title. All for fifty quid each.

haha, v good
  • Options
    A quote from Mr Bream himself:

The main cost is the actual hardware (i.e. the screen). When purchased by the club the screen was second hand, so while it has been at the Valley for approximately 3 years, it is in fact about 10 years old.

As we all saw at the back end of the season, the bulbs were going out all over the show, so it's age really showed. It needs a good MOT, which costs money.
  • Options
    Can't we just buy a big plasma screen TV and put a massive magnifying glass in front of it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]Actually its about £25k a year if I heard it right at the meeting
    The pixels or whatever they are cost an absolute fortune to replace - a couple of hundred quid each and there seemed to be a few new ones blow out each week!

Interesting stuff from Mr Bream - I believe we bought it off Mr Murray. Wonder what he'd been doing with it.