Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Skint Charlton can't even afford Josh Wright???

2»

Comments

• Options
    All this 'Josh has an attitude' stuff is a bit unfair. He fell out with the manager, many players do. Half of playing well is playing for a manager who you can work with and for whatever reason Wright and Parkinson don't work well together.

Most people don't know the whole story with the falling out but don't try and blame it all on Josh.
  • Options
    FFS he's had TWO games for Charlton and people are ready to write him off already! Have a word with yourselves!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Vincenzo[/cite]FFS he's had TWO games for Charlton and people are ready to write him off already! Have a word with yourselves!

Agreed
  • Options
    It would appear that the reason Wright fell out with his manager ....... because Parky assured him that he would keep his place for the next game, after playing well in the Charlton cup victory at Norwich.

When, a couple of days later, he was told he was dropped, he couldn't believe that the manager had told him one thing and then done somethining else.

Okay, no one wins plaudits for throwing their toys out of the pram, but you could understand his disappointment.
    Put yourself in Wright's shoes.

That doesn't necessarily mean he has a bad attitude, just he didn't handle his disappointment well.
    Remember, he's only 19.

He'll learn from it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]It would appear that the reason T.C.E fell out with his manager ....... because AFKa assured him that he would keep his place for the next game, after playing well in the game at the Meridian.

When, a couple of days later, he was told he was dropped, he couldn't believe that the manager had told him one thing and then done somethining else.

Okay, no one wins plaudits for throwing their toys out of the pram, but you could understand his disappointment.
    Put yourself in T.C.E shoes.

That doesn't necessarily mean he has a bad attitude, just he didn't handle his disappointment well.
    Remember, he's only 49.

He'll learn from it.

Wanna be my agent Oggy ;)
  • Options
    Josh Wright is a prime example of how people now feel resentment towards footballers where they used to see adoration.

The salary gap between fans and players now has led to supporters demanding that players devote 100% effort to their careers, if they are to justify their earnings. They then regularly hear / see Josh spending more time larging it up in Essex nightclubs than they see him on the football pitch. To top it all, his long-term best friends are public figures who many would describe as questionable choices.

Josh strikes you as someone who is talented, but not 100% devoted to his career. Whether that is true or not, i haven't a club or knowing. But that is the impression that is given, and in an age where people are very quick to judge footballers negatively, perception is everything.
  • Options
    Josh Wright is a prime example of how people now feel resentment towards footballers where they used to see adoration.

The salary gap between fans and players now has led to supporters demanding that players devote 100% effort to their careers, if they are to justify their earnings. They then regularly hear / see Josh spending more time larging it up in Essex nightclubs than they see him on the football pitch. To top it all, his long-term best friends are public figures who many would describe as questionable choices.

Josh strikes you as someone who is talented, but not 100% devoted to his career. Whether that is true or not, i haven't a club or knowing. But that is the impression that is given, and in an age where people are very quick to judge footballers negatively, perception is everything.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Bloody hell alrght we heard you the first time

agreed thou, its not his fault we've paid him a rediculous wage, its the clubs, but if thats the going rate when the contract is initially signed then well what can you do really

edit; also we're only seeing the negative point of this now, after 2 relegations in 3 years, if however in 3 yrs time we're in the prem and some of the youngsters we've signed on professional contracts this year turn out as first teamers we'll be shocked how little they are paid.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]It would appear that the reason T.C.E fell out with his manager ....... because AFKa assured him that he would keep his place for the next game, after playing well in the game at the Meridian.

Put yourself in T.C.E shoes.

Remember, he's only 49.

He'll learn from it.

Wanna be my agent Oggy ;)

Sure, if you're only 49 and still in your prime, Birmingham or Newcastle could be interested.
    But only if they don't get Nicky Bailey first.

PS: AFKA's does have 1 year remaining on his contract, but was only appointed manager to the end of the season,
    so Richard Murray told me (or was it Charlton Charlie ...?).

Will AFKA stay after losing each and every game in charge?
    It all depends on any takeover or whether we can get decent sandwiches at The Meridian.
    Locked on. FACT
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Josh strikes you as someone who is talented, but not 100% devoted to his career. Whether that is true or not, i haven't a club or knowing. But that is the impression that is given, and in an age where people are very quick to judge footballers negatively, perception is everything.

That's the impression I get. With that talent he can get by doing enough, but don't get the feeling that he really wants to push on an up his game a level or two.

Parker did it, but Jerome Thomas is an example of someone who got to a certain level, got a bigger contract, and appeared (and still does) to be happy there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    An opinion formed because you see him in celeb magazines. He is childhood friends with someone who is famous almost by accident (the fame not the friendship).

He is happy and outgoing as much as Bailey is surley and withdrawn.

Both are deicated to their careers and ambitious to suceed.
  • Options
    I don't know that Jerome is delighted by the way things have turned out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Centenary_Shirt[/cite]An opinion formed because you see him in celeb magazines. He is childhood friends with someone who is famous almost by accident (the fame not the friendship).

He is happy and outgoing as much as Bailey is surley and withdrawn.

Both are deicated to their careers and ambitious to suceed.

Bailey surley and withdrawn???????
  • Options
    Are they "Snap Crackle & Pop" 's stagenames ?
  • Options
    Are they questions marks simply because I put an extra e in? Or have I missed the point?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Centenary_Shirt[/cite]Are they questions marks simply because I put an extra e in? Or have I missed the point?

Surly and withdrawn isn't the Nicky Bailey I know.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Centenary_Shirt[/cite]An opinion formed because you see him in celeb magazines.

Those who have followed his Facebook profiles for the last couple of years, or been a regular in Faces etc, may tend to give a different view.
  • Options
    OK point taken, but he's hardly an extreme in the world of young rich footballers.
    Anyone who follows Lloyd Sams facebook could tell you that!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Centenary_Shirt[/cite]Are they questions marks simply because I put an extra e in? Or have I missed the point?

Surly and withdrawn isn't the Nicky Bailey I know.

Oh I see, well each to their own opinions!
  • Options

So you seem to be quite informative Centenary.....I'm going to tempt fate here and ask the obvious question (which I don't really expect you to answer) but from your position...whatever that is...is there any further news re the proposed takeover and how much is it holding up things at the training ground such as transfers and team building?
    i.e. players not being sure what to do re staying or going.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IMO those most in the know will tell you this: I don't know.
    No-one really knows how long a deal will take to finalise, and like Zabeel, no-one knows if any deal will ever come off. There are discussions, and those who tell you this is definitely going to happen or that consortium will sign a deal by Friday are just guessing. But the truth is not very exciting and doesn't make you look big or in the know!

The players/manager thing is also the same. They are both seperate to any take-over and connected to it. Players will already be listening to offers and will have been considering their futures for quite some time. The manager and amount of money available are all factors, but none is a deciding one alone.

Thats the problem, the fact is (as far as I can see) nothing is certain. But thats not very exiting.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    So from your position it's pretty much the same as for the rest of us...wait and see.
    Though I think that the likes of Nicky Bailey and Jon Jo.....and even ZZ to an extent, are between a rock and a hard place....if and I say if the deal comes off and some serious money is put on the table then they would be far more interested in staying with us no doubt in what may well be exciting times....but the waiting can't go on forever of course where careers have to be thought of.
  • Options
    Even for those players I don't think its as simple as if the deal comes off I stay. They still face League one football which most do not want and are concerned that it might affect their long term prospects even if we do bounce. Then it depends on who the new owners want as manager / back room staff. What the other offers on the table are etc etc.

But yes, its all opinion, yours is as valid as anybodys and, at this stage, as likely to be true as anyone elses.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Centenary_Shirt[/cite]Even for those players I don't think its as simple as if the deal comes off I stay. They still face League one football which most do not want and are concerned that it might affect their long term prospects even if we do bounce. Then it depends on who the new owners want as manager / back room staff. What the other offers on the table are etc etc.

But yes, its all opinion, yours is as valid as anybodys and, at this stage, as likely to be true as anyone elses.

OK thanks for your input Centenary...we look forward to hearing from you again sometime.
  • Options
    Oh that makes it sound like I've been dismissed!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Centenary_Shirt[/cite]Oh that makes it sound like I've been dismissed!

No it means I'm off to bed!