Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent's triumphant 20-20 progress

I really can't get used to this. I've seen Kent win three times in five days this week - twice at Canterbury and once at Lords. And they've not just squeaked home in last ball nail-biters : they've pulverised the opposition and all three games have been totally one-sided.

Coming off the back of a football season in which it took me five months to see Charlton win three times, I keep pinching myself !

Comments

• Long may it continue.

Us Charlton fans could do with some good results for a change!
  • paul scally told me that if you support Kent CCC you're meant to be a gillingham fan, not charlton. ;0)
  • edited May 2009
    I was there today, very easy victory, nice innings by Jones.When I was young you actually expected Kent to win every match and they more than often did. They are a good 1 Day unit. M2 a bloody nightmare coming back, bad accident.
  • Listened to it on Radio Kent. Sounded V. Impressive. Sounded like a nasty injury to the Sussex lad.
  • Thanks to paul, me and the missus had a great night at the st lawerence on Friday night bizare low scoring game but a win is a win robbie joesph starting to look like the player we all thought he would be and with azzar up the other end looking good for another finals day.
  • I was there yesterday thanks to our resident cl Kent ticket distributor, great game, cracking weather, bit too much of the ale but not complaining. Result never looked in doubt, long may the super Kent keep marching on
  • ELBOWS!
  • [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Listened to it on Radio Kent. Sounded V. Impressive. Sounded like a nasty injury to the Sussex lad.
    He looked really grim. What made it seem even worse was the noise of him sucking down the gas and air as they lifted him into the ambulance.
  • edited June 2009
    Suspected broken leg.
  • [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Listened to it on Radio Kent. Sounded V. Impressive. Sounded like a nasty injury to the Sussex lad.
    Guess who Paul in Sydenham is..........
  • Sponsored links:

• BDLBDL
    edited June 2009
    Did wonder ?!?!? ;-)
  • ELBOWS!!!
  • Chirpy were you sitting near me then?
  • [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]ELBOWS!
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]ELBOWS!!!

please explain......
  • will be going to the 2 Surrey games, always nice to beat them
  • Yep, Kent are looking good, they were class against Middlesex after a dodgy start. Good to have Stevo back and Joseph is sharp
  • There's lttle wrong with Sussex's injured player, Chris Nash, by the way.

No broken leg, just cuts from where Smith's boot studs scraped him.

I got a grandstand view ofg the incident, sitting in the top of the Woolley stand about 30 yards from where it happened and never for one second thought he had broken a leg. You see worse at football every week and I thought the entire Sussex team, two umpires, police and security staff standing over him for 15 mins was way OTT. Would have been a great moment to go and rob the match-takings from the office because every official/jumped up security guard in the ground was on the pitch , trying to be a part of it. They all seemed to think it was the most exciting thing they had seen at Canterbury since a dog got on the field of play three seasons ago!

Can you imagine what a salty old warrior like Brian Close would say about a match being stopped for 20 mins because two players collided on the boundry?

Anyway, just off to Chelmsford for this evening's floodlit game, hoping to see Kent make it four wins in sx days and go four points clear at the top of the group...
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]ELBOWS!
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]ELBOWS!!!

please explain......

You had to be there.......
  • [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]Chirpy were you sitting near me then?

I don't know as I don't know you. I was behind the drummer and the Emenin nutter who kept shouting out "Elbows!!" in a reference to the Sussex fielder who hurt his elbow parrying a catch over the boundry for 6.
  • Yeah I realised what a stupid question that was after I posted it. You must have been just a couple in front of me then, great seats for catching a bit too much sun and shouting abuse at Sussex fielders
  • Sponsored links:

• When is the Slurrey game at the Oval?
  • Well that put the kybosh on that then. Bloomin Essex, grrr!
  • [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]When is the Slurrey game at the Oval?

24th June BDL