Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shame to see

edited June 2009 in Not Sports Related
the political threads sunk in a week that we have elections.

Fair enough of course if posters are being abused or libellous or slanderous statements made. The Site Owners have to protect both themselves and the more reckless posters amongst us. However in my opinion the tone of the political thread was mostly courteous certainly compared to some we have had previously.

It is not as if we are being inundated with news and discussion points from the Club so what is the harm in it if the threads are clearly labelled not sports related?

Just my opinion I await a torpedo :-)

Comments

• Options
    Still "shipshape" & floating Len.......
  • Options
    Long day for me on Thursday. I'm a polling clerk. 6.30 am start, 10.30 pm finish.
    Not allowed to leave the polling station all day either. Massive packed lunch for me then!
  • Options
    Got a toilet there Al ?
    ;-)
  • Options
    too much stuff gets sunk on here
  • Options
    I know UKIP's Nigel Farage pretty well.

Ho ho, the stories I could tell. . . . .
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]the political threads sunk in a week that we have elections.

Len, just an explanation of why they were sunk.

We are not exactly rigid on what we allow to be discussed on here. For something that is a football site, people are allowed to go off at whatever tangent they feel like. All we ask is that people stay aware from just a couple of things, politics, religion and awful stories about scum in our society. I've seen it happy to the detriment of other forums.

The reason why is that it has been proven over time that politics and religion are the two subjects that are the most devisive on here . They are subjects that people are strong on their views about, are likely to be opposing to others, and lead to long-term hostility that is then carried forward into other subjects. In terms of the politics ones, 95% of the time it ends up talking about immigration.

Stuff on 'broken britain' / society scum serves no puropses other than making the forum a negative backdrop and becomes something it is hard to draw the line on, because you could pick if you look in the right places 2 or 3 of those stories everyday. And then this forum just turns into a ranting place about society.

None of the above were / are the intentions of what this forum should be / is all about. Its a football forum, a Charlton one, where people can completely meander off if they so wish. But we just ask (nicely), please don't make it so serious. It should be a release from all the things that are shit in life (except Charlton !), not somewhere to vent your spleen about them.

Here endeth the Party Political Broadcast from the Charlton Life Party
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Got a toilet there Al ?
    ;-)

I hope so MOG, I was allocated one of the local schools, so I suppose the toilets and chairs will be about a foot off the ground!
  • Options
    I'm voting AFKA on Thursday.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    All we ask is that people stay aware from just a couple of things, politics, religion and awful stories about scum in our society.

There goes my joke about the Millwall supporting Vicar standing for Parliament then.

Off to another forum for that post.