Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Labour Non Government

Just heard on the news that Home Secretary Jacqui Smith has resigned.
Would the last cabinet member left please remember to turn the lights out?

Comments

• Options
    According to Sky News Hazel Blears has resigned from the Cabinet.
  • Options
    Now if only Brown would f@@k off too......
  • Options
    The Guardian editorial was brutal this morning, the end of Brown within a week hopefully, and I'll expect my leadership ballot papers pdq
  • Options
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/jun/02/editorial-gordon-brown-labour
  • Options
    who didnt listen to AFKA when he said he didnt want political posts on here?

tricky tho as current affairs.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Curb-it ,peeps can post, AFKA can sink ----life on Life
  • Options
    I don't mind people posting this stuff.

It's up to each of us whether we want to read it ........ or just ignore it.

Mostly, I just move on to what interests me.
    I imagine many others do the same.

;o)
  • Options
    Who's the fav to be the next leader of Labour?

After that my instincts tell me that Cameron is going to be a shite PM. :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Who's the fav to be the next leader of Labour?

Jim Knight
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Who's the fav to be the next leader of Labour?

Jim Knight
    Is he a Charlton fan?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I agree Cameron will be shit i mean he counldnt possibly be as good as Brown/Blair +Major !!!!!!!!!!! and God help us all if he turns into another Thatcher.
  • Options
    noooooooooo dont laugh, just seen on the news a Labour guy asked about Gordon Brown say (honest) " Gordon Brown is leading the World out of the recession" FFS --------------- have these people ever visited planet earth.

That nice lady Hazel Blears is reported to be wearing a badge "rocking the boat"-----------they all need to f**k off quick.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]

Jim Knight
    Is he a Charlton fan?!
    Should be (went to school locally). But he's a gooner, sadly.
  • Options
    if they get rid of Brown, will the general public put up with a second primer minister in one term that has not won a general election as party leader? Or will they be under a lot of pressure to call an election early?

Maybe how bothered the public are depends on whether Big Brother is on at the time...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]if they get rid of Brown, will the general public put up with a second primer minister in one term that has not won a general election as party leader?
    Yes...
    Or will they be under a lot of pressure to call an election early?
    ...yes...
    Maybe how bothered the public are depends on whether Big Brother is on at the time...
    ...and yes!
  • Options
    The strange thing is the pound has soared recently. In the last 3 months the pounds has gone from under $1.40 to over $1.64, whilst going from EUR1.03 to EUR1.15. Not sure why, and won't pretend Brown and co have anything to do with it, but I can see how the pound has strengthened against the dollar, but not so much against the euro.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite]The strange thing is the pound has soared recently. In the last 3 months the pounds has gone from under $1.40 to over $1.64, whilst going from EUR1.03 to EUR1.15. Not sure why, and won't pretend Brown and co have anything to do with it, but I can see how the pound has strengthened against the dollar, but not so much against the euro.

Gordon Brown has been blamed by most posters on here for the recession in the UK and the decline of the pound against the other main currencies (rediculously in my opinion) so surely he has to be credited with the recent improvement in the pound against these currencies! How can he be responsible for one and not the other?

Why has this thread not been sunk yet?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite]The strange thing is the pound has soared recently. In the last 3 months the pounds has gone from under $1.40 to over $1.64, whilst going from EUR1.03 to EUR1.15. Not sure why, and won't pretend Brown and co have anything to do with it, but I can see how the pound has strengthened against the dollar, but not so much against the euro.

Gordon Brown has been blamed by most posters on here for the recession in the UK and the decline of the pound against the other main currencies (rediculously in my opinion) so surely he has to be credited with the recent improvement in the pound against these currencies! How can he be responsible for one and not the other?

Lol!!

He's officially toast tonight.
    He picked up the best economy this country had experienced in decades in '97 and proceded to just leave it alone and hope it continued. Through his total missmanagement and neglect we find ourselves where we are now.
    He will be gone by Tuesday at the latest. Labour cannot force yet another Non - Elected PM on us for long so expect an unusual date for the next General Election, June 25th.

Any gain by the £ at the moment is due to weakness by $ or €. nothing to do with Gordon Brown.
  • Options
    agreed,how many others apart from rothko will get leadership ballot papers?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]agreed,how many others apart from rothko will get leadership ballot papers?

Or admit to it Steve?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    blue is the colour