Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

My Monkey Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did anyone else see this most shocking fly on the wall documentry last night on CH4?
Quite the most extraordinary thing one could ever wish to see.
Basicly the programme showed several couples and one or two single women who have bought infant monkeys from breeders in The States (at just a few days old, a monkey would normaly nurse it's young for about a year) and then raise them as one would a human child.The going price is around $4,000 to $5,000!
They have cupboards full of toys, birthday parties,fully fitted bedrooms,their own TV's complete with extensive DVD collections, they dress them in the most ridiculous clothing, buggies, child car seats....you name it they do it....... the list goes on and on...quite astounding and very very disturbing!
Jeeezuz...if one of my family even thought of doing that I'd kick their sorry arses from here to Christmas and back....total nutters!

Comments

• Options
    The worse bit was when she thought the monkey may of eaten one of her pills and rather than take it to the vet she phoned up some monkey psychic who could telepathically communicated with the monkey. The monkey explained to her that he hadn't eaten it and it must of fallen down the side of the car. Oh course if the monkey died the psychic would claim the monkey had been lying to her.

Then there was the time she tried to take it to a restaurant...
  • Options
    I've gotta tell you folks if you get a chance to watch a repeat of this go for it.....it's a must'.
    How about the young couple who took the baby monkey they had just purchased to 'say goodbye' to the parents who were in acage.....the parent monkeys of course went totally ballistic and were clearly massively distressed....The idiot then said to the baby monkey... "Oh are we torturing you"? I almost leapt off the sofa as I found myself shouting at the top of my voice..."Yes of course you f'ing are"!
  • Options
    what about when she tried to put it in that dress "he likes dressing up" she said as he was trying to bite her thumb off "oh, are you not happy today? thats ok, the kids said you were their favourite, they're gone now, I'm ok with you not wanting to put it on"

wtf.
  • Options
    I like it when she brought the monkey a xylophone for its birthday and demonstrated how to play it. When given the stick the monkey tried to eat it.

Likewise when the monkey start going ape (pun intended) around the bedroom and was launching it self off of the walls at the lady's partner. I'll be surprised if he hasn't left her.
  • Options
    Sick individuals who need help IMO.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Sick individuals who need help IMO.
    A sick COUNTRY that is BEYOND help more like it
  • Options
    It's in America ...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    That's a bit OTT...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    That's a bit OTT...
    But uncannily accurate!
  • Options
    That's a bit OTT...
    But uncannily accurate!
    haha!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I felt for the little monkey getting licked by those two huge dogs, its was sh 11ting itself! disgrace!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]my%20monkey%20baby2-thumb-300x238-90780.jpg

FREAKS

I'm all for assisted suicide in their case, in fact, I'd drive them to Switzerland.
  • Options
    their DNA is 93% human and the other one is a monkey
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]I've gotta tell you folks if you get a chance to watch a repeat of this go for it.....it's a must'.

Actually, I'd say the opposite. I had to STOP watching it as it was winding me up so much. Quite sad in a way that people with genuine mental health issues are allowed to take on responsibilty for another life like that. Say what you like about our own laws, but it'll never happen here fortunately.
  • Options
    I'm sure many Americans would find the people on this programme more than a touch odd/insane. It's just as sick watching the pondlife who are on Itv daytime show's and various other chavfests, they don't represent my view of England but unfortunately people love car crash TV and the weirdies continue to get airtime. It's Tv on the cheap and that's sad.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]I'm sure many Americans would find the people on this programme more than a touch odd/insane. It's just as sick watching the pondlife who are on Itv daytime show's and various other chavfests, they don't represent my view of England but unfortunately people love car crash TV and the weirdies continue to get airtime. It's Tv on the cheap and that's sad.

"Nuts and sluts" as the saying goes.
  • Options
    Love the yanks great people and great country------------------where have all the right on lefties gone who throw their tofu out the prame if anyone else is generalised as in the above threads ? oooooooooooooooooo yes of course silly me its the Yanks fine to lump them all together and slag them off.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Love the yanks great people and great country
    where have all the right on lefties gone who throw their tofu out the prame if anyone else is generalised as in the above threads ? oooooooooooooooooo yes of course silly me its the Yanks fine to lump them all together and slag them off.
    Spot on. The most intelligent people that I've met have ALL been American.

I do think there are some people out there who are jealous of them. America is the most important country in the world, whether you like it or not, and the people who live there are the reason why.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Love the yanks great people and great country
    where have all the right on lefties gone who throw their tofu out the prame if anyone else is generalised as in the above threads ? oooooooooooooooooo yes of course silly me its the Yanks fine to lump them all together and slag them off.
    Bang on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2009
    I lived in San Fran for about 4 years in the late sixties early seventies....left some great friends out there.....I lived near Stanford University in Palo Alto where I met some of the most incredible folks you could ever conceive....it was in the early days of Silicone Valley so you can imagine the incredible vibe around the place.....it's always annoyed me when people generalise about The Yanks.....it's a big country with many many different States, all of which 'seem' on the face of it to have different attitudes.
    Some real weirdos around that's for sure but also some really super and loyal friends who are amongst the best I have ever made.
    One alarming thing though is that only 8% of the population have a passport, of which some 40% are in the military!
    Did you know that George Bush Jnr had never set foot outside of The States until after he became President....now that's a frightening thought!
  • Options

I do think there are some people out there who are jealous of them. America is the most important country in the world, whether you like it or not, and the people who live there are the reason why.
    Excellent observation. Whereas I have never met an American who had intelligence above the average British schoolchild. Just goes to prove that people have different experiences of other those from countries. Yes, its a generalisation that all Americans are stupid - just as its a generalisation that all pikeys are thieves, or that all gooners are scumbags...
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]I lived in San Fran for about 4 years in the late sixties early seventies....left some great friends out there.....I lived near Stanford University in Palo Alto where I met some of the most incredible folks you could ever conceive....it was in the early days of Silicone Valley so you can imagine the incredible vibe around the place.....it's always annoyed me when people generalise about The Yanks.....it's a big country with many many different States, all of which 'seem' on the face of it to have different attitudes.
    Some real weirdos around that's for sure but also some really super and loyal friends who are amongst the best I have ever made.
    One alarming thing though is that only 8% of the population have a passport, of which some 40% are in the military!
    Did you know that George Bush Jnr had never set foot outside of The States until after he became President....now that's a frightening thought!
    Actually, whilst its true that a much lower percentage of Americans have passports than most Europeans, although there has never been an official figure issued by the US government, its estimated to be between 20 and 34%. The figure of 8% is an arbitrary one invented for comedic effect.
  • Options

Excellent observation. Whereas I have never met an American who had intelligence above the average British schoolchild. Just goes to prove that people have different experiences of other those from countries. Yes, its a generalisation that all Americans are stupid - just as its a generalisation that all pikeys are thieves, or that all gooners are scumbags...
    To be fair I have never been to Utah! The only Americans I've met where when I visited the West Coast and the ones I've met whilst travelling, including the ones that were lecturers of far superior knowledge to anything I witnessed in Britain.
  • Options
    Leroy --------aint going to argue with you fella dont think your completely wrong ----------just makes me smile that certain people would be jumping up and down if you said it about other nations/people.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]I lived in San Fran for about 4 years in the late sixties early seventies....left some great friends out there.....I lived near Stanford University in Palo Alto where I met some of the most incredible folks you could ever conceive....it was in the early days of Silicone Valley so you can imagine the incredible vibe around the place.....it's always annoyed me when people generalise about The Yanks.....it's a big country with many many different States, all of which 'seem' on the face of it to have different attitudes.
    Actually, whilst its true that a much lower percentage of Americans have passports than most Europeans, although there has never been an official figure issued by the US government, its estimated to be between 20 and 34%. The figure of 8% is an arbitrary one invented for comedic effect.

It may well be higher now....I remember hearing those figures some years back and time flies of course(it might have been as much as 20 years ago thinking about it!)...yes it's probably higher nowadays....but 'still' a relatively small percentage considering the population and it's economic ability (if they so wished) to travel outside of The States.
    A large number of those who hold passports would be of Mexican origin and a lot of Americans up around the Northern States also have one to allow them to cross freely into Canada.
    Relatively few (percentage wise that is), Americans travel outside of Mexico and Canada.....and even get a headache if they travel to Hawaii!!
  • Options
    Love America, been to New York & Memphis, loved every minute, would live there if they would let me back in,
  • Options
    I also love visiting America and have been there numerous times. I often find myself defending them in discussions just like GH et al...then something like Monkey Baby comes on the box which just makes me despair that their society allows this sort of thing.
  • Options
    Any person that teaches a monkey how to play a xylophone would get my full support. I checked on that massive electoral slip today and, I could be wrong here, but they were not there.

I am considering starting the Monkey Liberation Through Music Party. Who is with me? Two aims, a fully intergrated European monkey orchestra and liberation for monkeys, that's what I preach preacher man.

Americans, so many of them, that there has to be some crazies amongst them. Look how many support the Yankees for a start.

DA9, if you do drive those two people to their death, can I have that geezers shirt?

Off to calm down now..........and plot how I will rule the world with hoards of melodious monkeys.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    A general observation around America on my visits to the States I can't help noticing that generally the vast percentage of people are very polite and courteous and most of all friendly. Going into the most normal run of the mill store you are always (more often than not) greeted by people who seem genuinely pleased to have you there, the same stores in Britain you are quite often met with a grunt or an atitude that reeks of piss off. Either Americans are better at acting cheerful in menial jobs or they are just a bit happier than we Brits (who very often have a glass half empty aura). It is fair to assume that the people in the Monkey programme were certifiable loons though!!