Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

QPR appoint new boss

Jim Magilton, strange one that.

Comments

• Options
    Very.
  • Options
    Why's that strange?
  • Options
    He hardly set the world alight at Ipswich where he had a big budget. I would have thought QPR would have gone for a big name with their money.
  • Options
    Pardew must be gutted. I reckon he would've wanted this one
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]He hardly set the world alight at Ipswich where he had a big budget. I would have thought QPR would have gone for a big name with their money.

And how many big name managers would have wanted to go there and be told what to do by Briatore?
  • Options
    It's always confused me why someone like Bernie Ecclestone should want to get involved with an average second tier football club when he spends most of his time running Formula One. A London Premiership club, maybe, but QPR?
  • Options
    I'm rarely shocked in football, but this has stunned me!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    A bloke at work said that Pardew was on 5Live on Monday evening, he has applied for Newcastle, Reading & QPR jobs. Shame.
  • Options
    Big budget at Ipswich? I thought they were in quite a bit of debt before Marcus Evans came in. Personally I like him but that's probably my Norn Iron roots coming through.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]He hardly set the world alight at Ipswich where he had a big budget. I would have thought QPR would have gone for a big name with their money.[/quote]

And how many big name managers would have wanted to go there and be told what to do by Briatore?[/quote]

Dowie? (joke)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]Big budget at Ipswich? I thought they were in quite a bit of debt before Marcus Evans came in. Personally I like him but that's probably my Norn Iron roots coming through.[/quote]

Put it this way - Roy Keane wouldn't have even considered going there unless there was money to spend.
  • Options
    I think Pardew's time with us will rule him out of all Premier League vacancies and most Championship jobs.

It's a shame really, I was one of the ones who wanted him as manager.

But his comments about 'I couldn't stop the slide they're on" (or whatever it was) when he left, really put into perspective what he's all about.

Self preservation society.

Rather impressively, when I was explaining Charlton's downfall to the wife-to-be, she asked if Pardew was like the character played by Billy Zane in Titanic. The guy who is barging children out of the way to board a lifeboat to leave a sinking ship.
  • Options
    pardew will be next palace boss
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]pardew will be next palace boss

Let's hope so.
  • Options
    I wouldn't have thought that was likely unless Tangoman sold up first. I mean, could both their egos fit in the same room at once?
  • Options

Feckin Hell Henry, is there a room big enough to handle the egos of Jordand AND Pardew?

Pardew is a busted flush as a manager. He has been sacked from his last two jobs with his teams in the relegation zone - there is no way he's coming back from that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]

Let's hope so.

[cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]

Feckin Hell Henry, is there a room big enough to handle the egos of Jordand AND Pardew?

Pardew is a busted flush as a manager. He has been sacked from his last two jobs with his teams in the relegation zone - there is no way he's coming back from that.

Which is just why Palace, and it may not be Jordan, will want him.

Ex-player and the flashy type they love. But then again most people on here loved him as well when he became manager.

Like Big Sam and Phil Brown Pardew will be out of work for 12 - 18 months and then will find another gig.
  • Options
    True enough Henry, I bloody loved him when he came in but my doubts really emerged after the home debacle against Sheffield United when Elk scored that screamer but when we were otherwise abysmal.

He may get back in the game but it will be a humble posting, I reckon he'd be lucky to get a top-half CCC side and has not got a prayer in the Premiership.
  • Options
    The only way Pardew will end up back in the Prem if he promotes a side to get there. He is dammaged goods after his time at Charlton, his huge number of bizarre signings, making Dowie and Co look mormon like in conservativeness, will not have gone unnoticed and to have Tevez and Mascheranno as luxury bench warmers will also bve found alarming by any big spending chairman.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Pardew may well be finished as a boss but Dowie keep's getting jobs despite the fact that he is clueless so he must be reasonably encouraged. You'd think with clubs watching the pennies chairmen would be more careful.
    I think Qpr are almost scared of going up, I'm sure the fellows that own them are only spending a micro fraction of their collective wealth on the club because they have in essence done zilch. The managerial appointments they make are truly baffling too.